Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Nobody likes a miser...

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eight out of ten threads on this forum are whiny angst-ridden negative diatribes how unfair the dating scene has become.

I'm starting to wonder if none of you realise that women are not interested in this immature whining and constantly blaming external factors for not succeeding.

No matter what age the woman you're courting, emotional maturity and self-control are probably the most important qualifications they're looking for. All else comes after attaining that.

Or you'll end up as an ornamental hermit.

Ornamental hermit for your garden.jpeg

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got kids...you end up having way too many kid show songs stuck in your head :lol:
I was a stay-at-home dad. Only played them bebop jazz and progressive rock. My 13y daughter loves alternative / new wave / goth music like The Cure and The Sisters of Mercy. My son still thinks Stanley Clarke Schooldays is the best car driving music.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every time I hear someone say "It's time for lunch" things go downhill...
It's one o'clock and time for lunch (hum de dum, de dum)
When the sun beats down and I lie on the bench
I can always hear them talk
There's always been Ethel
"Jacob, wake up, you've got to tidy your room now"
And then Mister Lewis
"Isn't it time that he was out on his own?"
Over the garden wall, two little lovebirds
Cuckoo to you
Keep them mowing, blades sharp
I know what I like
And I like what I know
Getting better in your wardrobe
Stepping one beyond your show (your show)
Your show
Sunday night, Mr. Farmer called, said
"Listen son, you're wasting time"
"There's a future for you in the fire escape trade"
"Come up to town"
But I remembered a voice from the past
"Gambling only pays when you're winning"
Had to thank old Miss Mort for schooling a failure
Keep them mowing blades sharp
I know what I like
And I like what I know
Stepping one beyond your show
I know what I like
And I like what I know
Me, I'm just a lawnmower
You can tell me by the way I walk...

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had thought "miser" meant someone who hoards money, which is Oxfords definition. But Merriam Webster also defines it as a "mean, grasping person."

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It's one o'clock and time for lunch (hum de dum, de dum)
There's always been Ethel
"Jacob, wake up, you've got to tidy your room now"
And then Mister Lewis
"Isn't it time that he was out on his own?"
Over the garden wall, two little lovebirds
Cuckoo to you
Keep them mowing, blades sharp
I know what I like
And I like what I know
Stepping one beyond your show (your show)
Your show
Sunday night, Mr. Farmer called, said
"Listen son, you're wasting time"
"There's a future for you in the fire escape trade"
"Come up to town"
But I remembered a voice from the past
"Gambling only pays when you're winning"
Had to thank old Miss Mort for schooling a failure
Keep them mowing blades sharp
I know what I like
And I like what I know
I know what I like
And I like what I know
Me, I'm just a lawnmower
You can tell me by the way I walk...
I was more referring to...

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So if you have working pattern recognition skills, you're a caveman. Got it, AA.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay let's pretend everything got 10x worse than it already is. Are men allowed to complain then?

Sure, we still have to take responsibility and be the best man we can be...but does that mean you can't point out how absurd things have gotten? At what point is the game not worth the candle? To me, the state of dating in the modern world and modern women in general are so deplorable it makes me wonder if it's even worth it anymore. I'm not even bitter about it at all, I could go the rest of my life without women and not care (the advantage of being an uber introvert), it's just a simple cost benefit analysis.

I will say some men clearly DO care way too much and their bvtching comes from a place of scarcity/failure; a lot of the MGTOW types are secretly sad and angry they can't get a GF/wife.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No.
Women complain.
Men act.
Pussies whine.
What's whining and what's criticism? I tend to ignore so many threads on here maybe I'm not even sure what you're referencing.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eight out of ten threads on this forum are whiny angst-ridden negative diatribes how unfair the dating scene has become.

I'm starting to wonder if none of you realise that women are not interested in this immature whining and constantly blaming external factors for not succeeding.
Interesting (and somewhat ironic) complaint from someone who's primarily known for posting snarky one-liners and castigating others. By the way, the word you are looking for is miserable, not miser. The latter is a synonym for stingy.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By the way, the word you are looking for is miserable, not miser.
Miser is a miserable person.
I'm not complaining, just observing and wondering.
And I'm not here to give advice, just some snark to keep you on your toes.
And don't worry, I won't be hanging around this forum for twelve years like you.

whitething

Don Juan
Reaction score
Siri says a Miser is reluctant to spend money, hoards money, forgoing basic comforts to save money. I thought a Miser was just a cheapskate. Correcting someone with an incorrect correction is a peeve.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[
Are men allowed to complain then?

Sure, we still have to take responsibility and be the best man we can be...but does that mean you can't point out how absurd things have gotten?
I think this is fine here.

What I consider sickening is what I call vengeance/spite/resentment/envy/ill-will posting. There’s one poster who I’ve yet to see create a thread in which he is not expressing his contempt for huge swaths of mankind.

Many in the male online spaces have what I call weirdo anger, a petulant, 24-7, effeminate anger. Most big-name red pillers have it. Rollo is a prime example.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[

I think this is fine here.

What I consider sickening is what I call vengeance/spite/resentment/envy/ill-will posting. There’s one poster who I’ve yet to see create a thread in which he is not expressing his contempt for huge swaths of mankind.

Many in the male online spaces have what I call weirdo anger, a petulant, 24-7, effeminate anger. Most big-name red pillers have it. Rollo is a prime example.
To continue (ran out of time this morning), examples of spite/vengeance/envy/misery/ill-will posting. This stuff is said about strangers people know nothing about.

“I went to the beach/pool/marina. All these guys are fat f-cks! Look at me; I go to the gym.”

“You are/he is gonna get divorced. That ***** is gonna leave him/you!”

“That place sucks!” Translation: Women at that place don’t like me.

“Your/his children are gonna grow up to hate him!”

“You know that guy’s wife is cheating on him!”

“I went back to my hometown. All these guys are fat fvcks. Their wives are 5’s or below. No one’s doing anything!” (What people should be doing isn’t stated.)

I’ve wondered what drives men to such contempt and ill will for strangers minding their business, especially wishing or predicting the breakup of families with children. Amsterdam, do you have any insight on this? I wonder what drives such persistent contempt for other men and misery in someone.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amsterdam, do you have any insight on this? I wonder what drives such persistent contempt for other men in someone.
Yes, it's a love/hate relationship with masculinity.
Often that manifests in (impotent) aggression, sometimes in self harm, but rarely in violence towards others.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
"Eight out of ten threads on this forum are whiny angst-ridden negative diatribes how unfair the dating scene has become"

Reminds me of a post that once appeared on a pre-woke Askmen's forum, before they closed it down and replaced it with GuyQ. Written by one of the forums moderators, the post observed the pervasiveness of a "Woe Is Me" mindset among many men there

This was in The late 2000s-early 10s, before social media had become the juggernaut that it is today. Sadly, The Woe Is Me mindset hasn't diminished since then, and large sections of The Manosphere actively encourage men to maintain such a mindset

Our species needs more guys in the mold of Phipps/Fishburne's in Higher Learning

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This was in The late 2000s-early 10s, before social media had become the juggernaut that it is today. Sadly, The Woe Is Me mindset hasn't diminished since then, and large sections of The Manosphere actively encourage men to maintain such a mindset
Yes, the victim / scarcity mindset erodes masculinity.