Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

No power rack?

goodfoot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I started going to a commercial gym so I could go with a friend who doesn't go to my school. It's not as good as my school's gym, but the only real problem is there is no power rack. We've been using the leg press, but I'm hearing that is not nearly as effective.

Reaction score
As long as there is a powerlifting bar in the gym it should be ok. Squats are not mandatory and many exercises you do in power racks can be exchanged for other exercises. Just do deadlifts and leg presses and hamstring work.

GameTime76

Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I would consider looking into other gyms. You want a gym that suits your goals. Besides the equipment you have to think about the environment and atmosphere. Does it provide the kind of environment that will help to energize and motivate your workouts, whether the atmosphere of the gym makes you comfortable or ill at ease.

Who else is Training in the Gym? The kind of people who train along side of you makes a difference. If you are surrounded by people who are serious and train with a lot of intensity, its easier for you to do the same thing. But, it can be really hard to really blast your muscles while the people around you are just going through motions.

Some are against squats or just dont like doing them. But if your looking for an alternative, Leg Extensions and Leg Presses will work too.

goodfoot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind using some kind of squat variation. I was trying to find a squat variation that would be safer, but I could still do a lot of weight. I think the Bulgarian split squat will be good for now, since I'm only doing one leg at a time.

Metzgermeister

Don Juan
Reaction score
Try the Zercher squat, my man! I lift at home in my apartment and can't fit a power rack in there. Zercher squats work great. Here's a video that demonstrates pretty well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2OKweR-N-g

Nik TPT

Don Juan
Reaction score
Find a better gym.