Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

No one does squats or deadlifts

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
simon said:
It's great for me since I don't have to wait to use the rack for squats. Though there are at least 3 people at my gym who squat, they only do partials, not even to parallel. Yet one of them is really buff. Mother****er!
Can he touch his toes?

Does he have hamstrings?

gab01

Don Juan
Reaction score
it's the same thing in my gym. aside from the powerlifters that drop by occasionally, its just me who does deads and squats. i'm on the skinny side so i get that wtf look a LOT

people there tell me "hey man, you're gonna break your back doing that" i just give them a smile and tell them "i know" and continue on to the next set. i asked around why people don't want to do squats and they tell me "oh, it hurts my shoulders/traps". and those who decide to, don't even hit parallel. whatever

they're missing out on a lot. it'll be an uphill battle if i were to convert their minds and personally, i'd much rather spend my time finishing the set. and the hardest thing too is that our gym trainer (a defunct bodybuilder with under-developed legs) preaches the beach muscle workouts for those who want to get in shape

that guy even confronted me for doing deads one time saying
"you're gonna break the equipment" and "you're disturbing the other people" heck, his TV is cranked up pretty loud and for all i know, he's just trying to impress the ladies trying to show how alpha he is by bossing me around.

alpha-ness by picking on the skinny guy huh.. how lame

youknowtherest

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think guys think that chicks can't see your legs and your butt. What they don't realize is that after your eyes, your @$$ is the second (sometimes first!) thing a girl checks out. Ever heard the saying "A five-inch penis and a pile-driving @$$?" It's old. So old my mother heard it from my GRANDmother.

Squats build nice buns. Fast.
Deadlifts build good posture, which radiates confidence.
Power cleans build grace and coordination.

Un-Aru

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally quoted by youknowtherest
Ahhh yes if you REALLY want people to look at you with that WTF look, learn these and hammer out a few heavy sets. Hahaha and watch as the trainers come to YOU for advice...

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are gyms which has serious members. Where I lift there are plenty of people pulling 500+ lbs on the deadlift. On the squats however there are not as many who are very strong. I've seen one person do paralell with 400 for three reps.

You have to remember that bodybuilding is one of the most demanding sports out there. Everything you do has an effect on lifting. If you miss your meals one day then the weights in the gym will go down. Not many people have the will to do this so they either choose to work their arms and chest or sometimes even use steroids to get "fast results".

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
derEikopf said:
No, not even close. Nothing comes close to plain old barbell squats. Hack squats are notoriously bad on your knees, too (at least, moreso than regular squats).
Leg presses are pretty good for leg development. Front squats are very good for developing the quads.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
Can he touch his toes?

Does he have hamstrings?
I'm not sure he can actually bend over. At least I've never seen him do it. He just seems to stalk around the gym with a scowl on his face.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
youknowtherest said:
I think guys think that chicks can't see your legs and your butt. What they don't realize is that after your eyes, your @$$ is the second (sometimes first!) thing a girl checks out.
Ever since i started doing squats girls have started mentioning my ass.

The only time i ever remember a girl mentioning my ass before that was a few years ago from my brother's girlfriend: "you have no ass."

squat dammit #@($&*@

simon said:
I'm not sure he can actually bend over. At least I've never seen him do it. He just seems to stalk around the gym with a scowl on his face.
There ya go another reason to do full squats. Hamstring and hip flexibility. That scowl is the "cool guy" scowl. Didn't you know the baddest mofos are also the angriest?

Don't forget functional power and strength so that when your friends make fun of your favorite football team you can blast through them like a linebacker.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
youknowtherest said:
Ever heard the saying "A five-inch penis and a pile-driving @$$?" It's old. So old my mother heard it from my GRANDmother.
Ahahahahhahahahahha you have a weird family dude. I like that saying.