Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

No More Motivational Pep-Talks!

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People can have all the external motivation in the world, but that doesn't mean they'll change internally. You can read all the motivational books and watch all the motivational videos you want, but you will only change for a little while. A short while and return to the same person as before

It's something much deeper from within. Something deep down has to start changing, and it's not that easy. You have to reprogram your sub-conscience mind. It's been negatively reinforce for years, and it will stay that way. You've heard "no" and "don't" all your life. You've taken the negativity from others and held on to it and let it be who you actually are.

Your negative self-talk will not change until you start replacing those habitual, negative sub-conscience thoughts with positive thoughts. People are attracted to positivity. They cling to it because they don't have it themselves.

There are many steps to changing your subconscious mind. You have to stop a negative thought and immediately replace it with a positive. You have to find the positive affirmations in yourself and speak them daily. Remember that you have something to offer, and when you start offering, people will start taking you seriously. If you keep trying to take, take, take, people won't take you seriously and will walk all over you.

There are great books (paperback and audio) that can teach you how to reprogram or retrain your subconscious mind. If you have an issue with self-doubt, negativity, and self-loathing, I suggest you start by getting one of these books and possibly getting some cognitive-behavioral therapy.

It will do wonders for you life. If you want a good life, it's time to face your denial and start doing the work to be the person you've always wanted to be.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post Maverick.

Tony Robbins said in a seminar that I watched on youtube not long ago that most people confuse him for being the motivation guy but in reality he is the "why guy" ie why should you change, why should you do this or that, why?

What is the emotion, that powerful need and desire that you have that is going to drive you to complete the goal that you have set out for yourself?

Once that great emotion is linked to performing the action that you wish to accomplish there is almost nothing that can stop you from reaching your goal.

sosilky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
Good post Maverick.

Tony Robbins said in a seminar that I watched on youtube not long ago that most people confuse him for being the motivation guy but in reality he is the "why guy" ie why should you change, why should you do this or that, why?

What is the emotion, that powerful need and desire that you have that is going to drive you to complete the goal that you have set out for yourself?

Once that great emotion is linked to performing the action that you wish to accomplish there is almost nothing that can stop you from reaching your goal.
TED talks, it was a good Robbins appetizer

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
You make some great posts like these but to me they are just hollow words. Its like a user's manual on how to live life, dual, bland and boring. Why does it come across that way you ask? Probably because the medium is merely talking not the words not living them.

I think you need to take some time and really focus on improving your life and getting it in order. I've been here a long time and I've grown alot since I've joined the site. However I wouldn't say I've grown because of the site, I've grown because I've chosen to improve my life and this site is one of the tools that I've used to help me reflect upon my life and talk things out. However it doesn't consume my life. Although I post here quite abit, I've got less than 2 posts per day. I take breaks and get out there and focus on myself. So do the other long time posters, they have an average of 2-5 posts per day.

Don't spend all your time making 20 posts a day. Spend your time living your life and enjoying it.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
You make some great posts like these but to me they are just hollow words. Its like a user's manual on how to live life, dual, bland and boring. Why does it come across that way you ask? Probably because the medium is merely talking not the words not living them.

I think you need to take some time and really focus on improving your life and getting it in order. I've been here a long time and I've grown alot since I've joined the site. However I wouldn't say I've grown because of the site, I've grown because I've chosen to improve my life and this site is one of the tools that I've used to help me reflect upon my life and talk things out. However it doesn't consume my life. Although I post here quite abit, I've got less than 2 posts per day. I take breaks and get out there and focus on myself. So do the other long time posters, they have an average of 2-5 posts per day.

Don't spend all your time making 20 posts a day. Spend your time living your life and enjoying it.
Dude, I don't live here. I just come here. I have a life. There is no doubt about that. Every single day gets better as I go. It gets a little easier. Thanks for the motivation.

The focus of my post is also directed towards myself and they are truly filled with my dedication to change and helping others. They aren't hollow by any means. I'll take your words to heart because there is probably some truth to them.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Don't let my posts stop you from posting or writing. I can't express how important writing is or how helpful it can be. It helps us process our thoughts and reflect much better. I'm harder on you than most posters because I know more about you and expect more from you.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, MacAvoy.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
The harder life gets on average the more negative, depressed and frustrated the average person will become. Thats where drugs and alchahol come in for most people. They need something to escape the external forces that cause internal strife...

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGorgon said:
The harder life gets on average the more negative, depressed and frustrated the average person will become. Thats where drugs and alchahol come in for most people. They need something to escape the external forces that cause internal strife...
Or religion... I've heard a preacher say that Christians and drug addicts have something in common. They both have to rely on something to get them through the day.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
Mavrick said:
Or religion... I've heard a preacher say that Christians and drug addicts have something in common. They both have to rely on something to get them through the day.
All humans need something to "get them through the day" the question is how much damage and negative side effects does that something have?

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mavrick, good tip, but it's time for you to start posting these in the Tips forum :)

I'm getting tired of moving threads around.

:up:

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
Mavrick, good tip, but it's time for you to start posting these in the Tips forum :)

I'm getting tired of moving threads around.

:up:
Hahaha... I'll make a mental note of that.