Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

No matter what I do, I cant get over my ex...Eff!

Diaforetikos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As the title states, I saw my ex last night. After all this effing time, I can't just drop her. Now don't get me wrong, she isn't for me. I don't want to get back with her, but that doesn't take away from the fact that I can't stop thinking about her.

I seriously want to let her go, but no matter what I do or what I try, it doesn't work. I initiated the whole no contact thing as soon as we broke up, and I've messed around with plenty other women, and yet I'm still dealing with the thoughts in my mind. Like I said, it's not thoughts of getting back together with her. I just think about her. I wanna be done with her. I have so many other things going on in my life that you would think I'd be free of her, but I'm still thinking about her. Freaking BS. I swear.

sinnerman

Don Juan
Reaction score
i can empathize mate. i'm also at a similar stage. ive successfully done the whole no contact thing and am trying to move on however, her thoughts and memories wouldn't go. all i can say is take up some hobby, occupy your mind somewhere. that's what ive done.

all the best.

Tovansky

Don Juan
Reaction score
it's pretty normal even for non-AFC to feel this way mate. You have done what you should have done, but do it not for the sake of forgetting her, since your conscious mind keeps telling yourself to forget about her will deal reverse effect on you. If I keep tell you not to think about one thing, repeatedly, you will think about that particular thing instead.

so yeah, just do your stuff, for your sake. Time will heal eventually. True story.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah it sucks. i think its an ego thing, like "i cant believe she isn't
trying to get back with me.." "how dare she" that kind of thing.

the last girl i was obsessed over, I wasn't really sure if it was because
she was such an interesting person, or was it just me being angry that
she can drop me like that without second thought. Most likely the latter.
Probably a little of both.

1ncredible

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this is where the 'time' thing kicks in. I've had the same before and even though you sleep with different birds, pick up new hobbies and travel the world, at some point she is still going to crop up in your mind.

Remember you'll never totally forget someone who WAS once special to you, it's just as time goes on, she'll crop up less in your mind.

Diaforetikos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I thought it was just me.

Like I first wrote, I have slept with a few other women. At this point, I have given up women all together. In doing so, I learned website design and have even started my own business. I'm an artist and an avid need. I teach high school kids at my church on Wednesdays and teach special needs children on Sundays. I am gonna be teaching a christian band more about the bible. Its a discipleship program. And I gotta out with friends.

As you can see, my life isn't dull, and I don't even think about her. I don't say to myself, "forget about her." I just think about her, then continue on with my life. But there are several moments when I just can't stop thinking about her. That's when I get irritated. We broke up in April. Its like, how long does this crap take. I gather stuff to be thinking about.

I know I'm doing what I must. Thinking about her is just part of the process. I just didn't realize it was gonna take this long. The girl I dated before this one, I dated for 2 years and forgot about her in like three months. Hence my frustration.

Once again, thanks for letting me know it's not just me.