Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

No Heavy Lifting

ATX1001

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had my appendix out about a week ago via keyhole surgery (yeah, great Christmas/NY!) and am almost at the point now where I can move freely again without any painkillers. Before I left the hospital, the surgeon told me "No Heavy Lifting" for a month or I'll risk a hernia.

Now, I'm not going to be doing squats/deads starting monday, but what do you guys think about more upper body exercises - mainly bench, tricep & bicep, upper back, shoulders, etc. ie. What do you think the limit would be? Should I go for (eg.) 50% weight for the first few weeks?

Look, letting gorgeous women pass you by is a sin against nature.

But with the secrets in The Natural, you'll electrify any interaction and have stunners eating out of your hand.

From the first "hello" to the bedroom, this manual gives you the verbal ammunition and psychological tricks to make her putty.

Get Your Copy of The Natural - For Free!

MikeBrown30

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Maximum 50% (maybe less), until the month is up. Why take the risk of having something serious happen to you? Would you rather take an extra month to achieve your goals, or lift heavy now and something seriously bad happen, and not be able to lift ever again?

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason why your doc said that is because heavy lifting increases intra-abdominal pressure. When you lift something heavy (to you), you strain, hold your breath, or grunt; and this causes a momentary pressure increase in your abdominal cavity to stabilize your core for the task. With a recent insult (surgery) to the tissues, straining can cause a loop of organ tissue to push through the surgical incision.

Wait a month before any heavy lifting. Use ~50-60% of your max for reps.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say still squat and deadlift, BUT EXTREMELY light, just so you don't get out of the groove

Zaraza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
switch to machines for a little bit. This way you can atleast maintain your tone.

to increase recovery

eat more protein, vitamin A, zinc, Vitamin C, and as well i believe its magnesium.

those sshould help with tissue healing.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zaraza said:
switch to machines for a little bit. This way you can atleast maintain your tone.
LOL Biggest load of bullsh1t I've ever read

A

Asian Love Machine

You shouldn't be doing any lifting for a month.

If you've been lifting for at least several years, you develop muscle memory and will regain your strength and size relatively quickly.

I had pneumonia because I was a dumbass and took a boxing match while I had the flu. I couldn't workout for 2 months. I lost a lot of size. I got my muscle back after 3 weeks.

Pie in the Sky

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't be dumb man. If the doc says no heavy lifting for a month then stop lifting for a month. It isn't worth getting hurt over. You do have muscle memory and will regain your previous strength much quicker than it took to get where you are now. Just continue to eat clean.

ATX1001

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I did do 1 light session earlier in the week, but I think I might give it another full week before I try another light session. For now I'll stick to low impact cardio - eg. Lots of walking.

Ragin_Asian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just had mine done a couple of days ago. man that was the most painful thing I've had in years! plus the residual gas attack was a killer. it nearly burst and it couldve been much, MUCH worse!

You are lucky. Mine was so complicated I had to stay for another week. My recovery is at least 6-8 weeks before lifting anything at all. Walking is the only thing I am allowed to do for those. I am still walking like an old japanese man.

Find something else to do for now. Meditate if you have to. watch DJ movies or fitness videos as long you use it for knowledge and motivation rather than to pump you up to a point where you sneak off to the gym.

Dont ever, EVER be impatient. if you give yourself hernia you will never forgive yourself.