No Contact is Amazing

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's like another chance at life. Wiping the slate clean. Some scars will remain from the pain, but remember, they were self-inflicted.

Do you wonder if she thinks about you? She sends you a text message after a month, you don't even open it, instant delete. She thinks, what an *******. Or maybe she thinks nothing at all. To you it's the same, where pain existed, now a void resides, ready to be filled by the nourishment of a new, healthy life.

Maybe she wonders what you are up to. Why you aren't responding. The thought crosses her mind, will we never talk again? Maybe she panics a little, calls you with a made up reason. You don't pick up. You're looking ahead to a better life, a newer, stronger version of yourself.

And one day you wake up. You get a message from the new girl you've been seeing, affectionate and respectful. You treat her as her actions have shown she should be treated, with mutual respect. Occasionally you think of "her". It's so fleeting, but impactful. A tinge of regret comes over you, for yourself and for her. But then you remember the new man you have become. The new man you are.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NC works great with a$$hole family members too.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Superb, I vote this be added in the DJ bible.

Motivational words for healing and getting over oneitis.

Serenity

Reaction score
NC works great with a$$hole family members too.
True, but they're harder to get rid of permanently. I have found it to be especially effective at moderating behavior if said family member desires contact. Behave or get shut out for whatever amount of time I feel like before checking if the message has been received and the lesson learned.

I did a full year of hard NC with my mother, then gave her a chance. She tried pushing the boundaries, so I shut her out for a few more months. Her behavior improved significantly after that, guess she realized I wasn't throwing out empty threats as she used to do.

Would never bother doing that for an ex-GF though, if it has come to NC in a such a relationship it is permanent.