Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ninjutsu?

ScottMustaine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since I don't prefer bodybuilding, and prefer my own security over the looks.

I'm becoming interested in Ninjutsu. Not only because it seems as a deadly fighting skill, but the principles of it are becoming interesting. I would like to control my anger management and also break loose of anxiety when in huge social groups, I'm all the time aware that some skinhead or hooligan could go out and start the ****...

But there's one tiny problem. Not only for Ninjutsu but for other sports such as Karate and Taekwondo... School is until 19:10 and the training starts at 20:00, there's no theory to make it in time, plus... I have to practise for band sessions and school.

Get into it or not ?

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope. Do some research. Ninjitsu is bullshido.

Learn judo if you can. But if there's a timing issue wait until you're done school since that comes first WAY before martial arts, socializing, fighting skinheads, etc.

It can coincide with the band I guess although if you are into your instrument like that I imagine it will take precidence over any new hobby.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so you point out a problem, propose a solution in all reasons and details than confute that same solution with solid points.

Did you start a thread or invited us to your monologue?

reBourne

Don Juan
Reaction score
If I were you I would take up wrestling in your school. You have one more year left. If not, then either bjj or boxing/kickboxing.

Forget ninjutsu.

I wrestled in high school, then when I graduated I found a ninjutsu school near where I live. I ended up wrestling everyone in that school including the main guy who ran it. I was asked to leave and never invited back. I was a punk kid, but ninjutsu will not teach you self-defense and self-confidence that you are looking for.

I also agree with what Strelok said. You told us what you want to do then listed all the ways you can't do it.

ScottMustaine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I asked whether it is actually smart to get into it ,focus on it , or get something else.

Thanks for the answers. And no I didn't create monologue, just pointed out that
I probably won't be able to keep everything running, thus whether is it good investment or not, judging from comments about Ninjutsu it seems it's not.
The other sport I wanted to get into is Kyokushinkai, but as I said, time where training sessions start don't get into schedule. Seems I'll have to wait untill I get into university, at least I'll have more free time.

Thanks for answers.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ninjas were peasant villagers. They only had crude weapons, and they had to compensate for that by being stealthful and acrobatic. At roughly the same time, Japan was protected by its military force of the Samurai. They were wealthier, well-trained, and well-equipped. Their swords were stronger steel than what we are able to manufacture today.

Because they were the upper class, all formal instruction of martial arts in Japan was the art of the Samurai, which is now known today as Japanese Jiu-Jitsu. Two other martial arts split off, one was Judo and the other Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. TQD is Korean kick-boxing. Karate tends to vary a lot in style, depending upon who is teaching. Those are all legitimate martial arts. Otherwise, do not pay anyone to give you ninja lessons.

Last edited:

ScottMustaine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After I get into university I'll try to find kyokushinkai karate. The whole thrill of pushing your body over limits seems challenging enough.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to go to Japan then yeah, go learn from the best. Here in North America we have Mc Martial Arts. The fast food of the martial art world. You're better finding a decent teacher because all the arts are very similar on basics at least.

Find a good gym with a good teacher and it will take you much further than a good art but with an incompetent teacher who's afraid to teach it properly.