Nice thing to do for a chick that has just lost her cat of 15 years

thekcguyme

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats something nice I can do for a chick that has just lost her cat of 15 years? Trying to score some points with her. She is a very sensitive girl with a huge heart.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Clean the cat blood off your tires, for one thing.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure Hallmark has a card for just this occasion.

ROSES ARE RED
VIOLETS ARE BLUE
SUGAR IS SWEET
YOUR CAT IS DEAD

mintxx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
my gf's cat died in the night a few weeks ago, it was old as. my suggestion is to put flowers on its grave every few weeks. (hers is buried out the back with a tombstone)

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
whats with all the cat ladies these days...
cats are evil .

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mintxx said:
my gf's cat died in the night a few weeks ago, it was old as. my suggestion is to put flowers on its grave every few weeks. (hers is buried out the back with a tombstone)
"Hey baby, I just put some dead plants on top of your dead cat. Thought you'd like it. Wanna f*ck?"

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stuff it and mount it. NO NOT FROM BEHIND, ON A PLACK!

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAH. When I say that I'm laughing out loud, I'm really ****ing LOLing. Giovanni Casanova and Go getta, wtf hahaha. ****ing hilarious. I thought I'd be laughing for longer after each message, but mintxx helped me out with the lamest thing that could have been said. I like cats and the fact that they allow me to say ***** (well at least outside this board), but it's dead man. Some people don't do that for their mothers (basterds).

Don't remind her of it is some good advice. Invite her over to watch "My Dog Skip" in the candlelight with a bottle of Merlot (yeah I'm classy ****heads)- you get my point.

GamePlan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont think there's a certain thing you could do to make her happy or something (maybe the flowers would work, though? no idea...). But you could be there for her do some fun stuff and keep her mind off of this.

Btw, losing a cat of 15 years can sure effect a person emotionally, so you guys might want to not make these kinds of jokes if it ever happens to somebody you know in real life.

mintxx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
er.. her cat did die but she was over it after a day or two. i was joking, i know she's not going to have a tombstone for a cat, what i mean is, there's nothing you can do, it's not a human, so just don't bring it up unless you're her gay friend or it ate your performing rat.
think about it... if you cracked the cylinder head on your camaro and had to get an engine rebuild or something, you'd be upset but if she gave a **** you'd be kind of freaked out.. girls know that guys are not supposed to care about cats.

Bad_Lil'Pixie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is an idea. (I don't think it is TOO sappy.)

At your local craft shop you can find a “stepping stone” kit. It is a bag of dry cement, a mold and a pamphlet of ideas.

We had a dog years back that died. I took his blue food bowl and chipped it into pieces and imbedded them around the edges like a mosaic. I wrote his name and years of his life and added 'Our warrior will be forever loved’. The stepping stone is in my garden.

Since I've made memory stones of many events, trips to the beach with seashells, a piece of tire from when my husband broke 8 seconds at the drag strip, a cork from a bottle of champagne, even a golf ball and tees to commemorate his hole-in-one day with the date, names and date of new babies in the family, etc...

Anyway, even if she doesn't have a garden or patio she will one day and her kitty will always have a place in her heart and garden or deck. You could make it and maybe draw a kitty face, write the name and years of its life and add a sentiment that may describe her kitty. Maybe it is something you and her could do together and let her tell you all about the antics and memories her kitty offered.

GamePlan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like your idea pixie, but I think he should not overdo it..not because it's not "manly", but because concentrating too much on her cat who just died will make her sad feelings only stronger.

Maybe you could do something like that for her (w/o overdoing it) and then just focus on having a great time with her so she doesn't think of her cat all the time, but rather of you and her having a good time.

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have sex with her, that should cheer her up.