"Nice guys" of OKCupid

Wilko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Conversely, I actually have some great personal and sexual relationships with women who take progressive positions on feminism, gun control, and welfare. We still manage to treat each other pretty damn well - awwww yeah.

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wilko said:
Incidentally, this is why, once you have a basic profile, you should never answer the additional questions on any dating site. Even if you have exceptional online game, you're just creating additional opportunities to disqualify yourself. Leave a little mystery for God's sake! This is basic stuff, DJ-101. The questions are just there to keep the girls logging back on - pretty clever actually - you, on the other hand, have nothing to gain by answering them.

By all means, craft a strong identity with your profile, but once that's done, it's time to drop the mike and swagger off stage. No encores, leave them wanting more.

Good thought, but they use the questions to create the match %

Wilko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, perhaps someone can clarify that for me. I'm under the impression that the match percentages are nothing more than a serving suggestion? Doesn't affect search results or your ability to message other users. Correct?

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny ****. Some are drab, and not even pointing to hypocrisy. Like if women should shave their legs. Who gives a ****... Just grasping for straws.

Loved the one, though, where the guy said "****ing chicks" in his interests / what he does on weekends. Ha Ha.

This applies to women, too, by the way. Never buy into nice / good people victimized whining claims. Theyre just as selfish, shallow, objectifying, promiscious, etc as the rest. Only they feel owed and entitled on top of it, AND arent appealing physically or personality wise, AND dont do **** to better themselves. Worst of the worst. Hypocrisy, whining, double standards all over.

d!ckmojo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wilko said:
Conversely, I actually have some great personal and sexual relationships with women who take progressive positions on feminism, gun control, and welfare. We still manage to treat each other pretty damn well - awwww yeah.
Oh yeah, all my girlfriends/hookups in my life have been left-wing liberals... I just think that's the default world view for young women aged 16~34 (/slash, whenever they get married).

Wilko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wilko said:
Actually, perhaps someone can clarify that for me. I'm under the impression that the match percentages are nothing more than a serving suggestion? Doesn't affect search results or your ability to message other users. Correct?
Anyone?

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read about it somewhere maybe at okc, thats how okc does the matches and that it's a unique way of doing it. If you see women with 0% mate/friend/enemy they have not answered any of the survey questions. Thats why they say the more you answer the better.

The serving suggestion is Quiver.

doesn't affect ability to message others, but I do think they do some kind of filtering.

I had 2 accounts with differences on both and I'd see some women on one never show up on search on the other. I also once got a message from okc admin that I'd been rated "hot enough"
that I would now see the more attractive women there. Not sure if that was a load of bull or not.

I hate it when any company does filtered results.