Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

NFL 2008-2009 Season Thread

Reaction score
Maxtro said:
Patriots Quarterback Tom Brady Likely Out For Season

Wow. Not that I like the Patriots or anything, especially after they LOST the Superbowl, I don't even remember who one :eek: But it really sucks for them.

Im not a patriot fan but had Brady as my QB on fantasy football. I think Eagles got a good chance to all the way and they have a good defense. I am rooting for titans though.

DrD77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well the falcons are off to a good start...

and its a good thing I had Tom Brady on my fantasy team LAST season.

Upside

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a bigger hockey fan than football but how 'bout them Bears? Stole one if you ask me, but Manning didn't look too hot.

Reaction score
Yeah the bears looked good... they ran all over the colts. I sure didnt see that coming. Im predicting titans and eagles in the bowl. Titans because they play tough ball and Eagles because Mcnabb looked good and their Defense tore up the Rams offense. Did anybody see when S Jackson got popped.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jets 1-0, Packers 1-0...I just want to see the Packers make the playoffs without Favre.

..only to get beaten by Dallas (again), of course.

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dallas is looking good this season sorta like they do most seasons so I have high hopes for Dallas this season.

Cardinals I will be watching as well just because of Kurt.

Royce

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow is all I have to say about Rodgers and GB, will def. miss Brady - would've been something else...

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even though Chargers lost their opening game (last minute against carolina too...embarassing), I'm quite certain that Chargers will make it all the way...at least as AFC champs.

On the NFC side, it's anybody's game as of now. Rodgers came out guns blazing...against Vikings...their chief rivals. I'm sure it's a sad, sad day for Minnesota to lose against a rookie led team. Romo/Cowboys are overrated...sure they can make it playoffs, but they can't walk the walk. Then again Romo may have learned his lesson from his fvck ups in the past. Eagles beat one of the worst teams in NFL...so what? This coming Monday will be a real game as they go up against Cowboys.

I was very surprised to see Bears walk all over Manning & Co. What the hell happened there? Then again it's only week 1 so Colts may come out swinging...

This season is going to be interesting. Not to rag on Pats, but at least this season won't be completely focused on the Pats. Overexposure is a big turn off sometimes.

And sucks to be Brady right now. Cassel did ok but consider the fact that he has never started a football game since high school. Opening for a legendary team like Pats is a big deal...I'd be surprised if Cassel doesn't wet his pants in the coming weeks....but then again, he has the legendary Pats offense at his disposal so he might be alright.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a Lions fan ergo I don't know squat except how to keep being the masochist that I am.

Cheers!

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm I dont understand the whole overrated aspect of the Cowboys....are you talking about the requisition of Pacman and tank or the organization as a whole?

I as well dont understand the whole "Romo fvck up's last season," As well....the only time I saw a fvck up was on that field goal that everyone watched over and over. The only time they started playing bad was when they went into the playoff's and for some reason they just didnt seem to care about playing anymore you could tell in there games but other then that 13-2 regular season was pretty good and I dont understand the overrated aspect of it at all.

I dont know why your talking about Brady either....he got hurt, I wasnt really into him until I saw everyone trash talking him when he was what 18-0 ....that's when I saw that just like when you improve yourself society doesn't like it when your so called "Perfect." I feel sorry for Brady that he has to miss a whole season but you can already expect that the 09 season he is going to come back with a vengence and I would expect that the Patriots will run up the score just to say "Look who's back."

Kurt Warner is still doing good which I hope he stays the starter till he retires since he is over looked by EVERYONE! This guy is a monster in his prime and NOW and I can see the Cards maybe making it to the playoff's and not as a wildcard.

Chargers on the other hand...I dont see anything happening...everyone says' they are going to the super bowl but they had a less then stellar opener from the Panthers.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, that ref in Chargers game screwed up! And what was up with the equipment malfunction in first quarter? Malfunction? Just use CBS's broadcast to review the damn play...

Well, Chargers might get a wild card now...but I'm not sure if their morale can recover after such a tragic loss to Broncos...

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a huge bears fan and the game they lost against carolina today was a ****ing heartbreaker. The bears are better than I thought they would be. There defense and running game look good even though they have no reliable quaterback. I predict the bears will go 10-6 and make the playoffs.

Reaction score
Tonight's MNF game is why I love football. Both Dallas and the Eagles looked great, save for that 61 yd pass to DeSean Jackson that he decided to dump right before he entered the end zone.

Cowboys 2-0, Packers 2-0. So far...so good.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Defense? Defense does not sell clothing. People want to see offense, and the point of modern NFL football is to make the players look good as they model the clothing. Football is not a sport any more; it's a fashion show. Which would you rather own - a winning team, or a team that makes ten times the profits selling t-shirts? People who own NFL teams didn't get that rich by choosing less profitable options. Defense wins championships, but winning is for chumps; money is all that matters.