Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"NEWBIES" forum

jtws

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
IN light of the recent influx of newbies in this forum, I hope that a 'newbie' forum will be created for newbies to post their usual beginner questions.

This is the only to prevent this forum, OUR forum, from slipping in quality.

I really hope that you would consider my suggestion.

SoSuave.com

Administrator
Reaction score
It's been considered many times. I'm just wondering who's going to be giving all the advice in the newbie forum. Plus, there would be a great deal of overlap with the HS forum.

Character

Don Juan
Reaction score
HS forum = newbie forum. there's really no need for a newbie forum

UltimateScoundrel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really don't think it would overlap with the HS forum. We get people in there asking what AFC means, and what Kino means, and all kinds of newbie questions, the HS forum is just like the DJ forum, but it focuses on highschoolers like me.

jtws

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well the newbies could start on a newbie forum. copies of iportant information could be placed there too.

they can then move on to the hs forum when they are sure about the basics.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think a newbie forum is really necessary. What IS necessary is a Newbie page with a basic FAQ, term definitions, a link to both DJ bibles, and some basic "rules" to follow when posting. It would be even better if, upon registration, every new poster were automatically taken to that page first. Then more newbies would likely enter the forum with enough basic info to keep them from asking the redundant questions.

Amlothi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After reading the other post about the Master DJ status, here's my thought on the subject:

Create a newbie forum for people to post in until they reach a certain number of posts. They won't be allowed to start a new thread in the other forums til they "graduate".

They can of course read the other forums if they like and RESPOND to already open topics. Just no new threads.

A thought anyway...

Amlothi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My post above would have been expecially effective for screening some of the lame posts lately *ahem*.

Though I do think a rating system (like slashdot???) instead of just counting the number of posts is a great idea.

[This message has been edited by Amlothi (edited 02-21-2002).]

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Actually...perhaps a read only "Welcome and Information" forum would be a good idea. Such a forum could be used for the moderators to post special messages, the Bibles, Rules, Announcements, Faqs, forum etiquette reminders, etc. Basically, it could be used for nearly any purpose, and if an issue came up, it could easily be added.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova:
Wyld, if there's one thing you oughta know by now, it's that guys don't read the instructions. That would be the most ignored forum of all time, I suspect, with the exception of the bibles.

lol...my daughter was just saying tonight that everytime I get some new gadget or something I have to put together that I never read the instructions!

Actually, I think if a forum like that had the Bibles moved to it (so they stayed on top) that more people would read the bibles AND they would read the other things just because they were there, all conveniently in one place.