Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

New Years Eve in London to start my approaching 'career'

PlaysToWin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm recently single and while I should be saying I want to get back in the game, I was never really in the game in the first place so I guess I should start.

I'm going to be in London for New Year's Eve and I've decided that this is as good a time as any to start some approaching / pick-up practice.

I have only been in London for about 3 months and I don't know the place too well. And while I get on well with everyone I have met through college, I wouldn't have any real close friends so nobody to help show me around, to be a wing-man, etc.

My tentative plan is to just go on my own, wander around the London Eye area and try and chat with some girls who are watching the fireworks, maybe try and get a few new year's kisses and/or some numbers.

My goal is basically to see if I am any good at this pick-up thing. I've done plenty of reading but theory means zip if I can't go in the field and do put it into practice. My medium term goal is to have a 'love life' of some sort: some girls I'm interested in, kissing, dates, rejection, stalkers, one-night-stands, heart-break, etc. I've never had any exprience with those with the notable exception of two seperate 2-year relationships I somehow found myself in. I've never had a single person's sex life and I want to try it out while I'm still young.

So basically I'm looking for advice on my new year's plan. For example, maybe you can suggest good spots I should go to or maybe it would be better to start approaching earlier in the day or maybe there aren't going to be any single girls outside and I should stick to the clubs, etc? Things like that.

HeyPachuco!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well being that you said you're gonna be "ALONE" on NYE, most girls are going to be out with there girls, family or boyfriends. I'm sure you can find some cool guys to hang with on NYE, I always randomly meet awesome guys along with my buddies on this day, but then again I always meet a few a-holes too.

Few girls might think you're creepy if your alone on NYE, trying to pick them up, best to do daygame first so you get in the mood and then hit a club when its crowded a few hours before countdown.

The best spots Ive been to for pickups on NYE are:

-Leicester Square
-Carnaby Street (West End)
-Trafalgar Square
-Westminister Bridge Road (London Eye)
-Buckingham Palace Road

Hugely concentrated with groups and sets of girls, Central London. Trafalgar Square is pretty good, loads of girls going to view the fireworks that will be glad to chat with you, and even better, getting picked up. I'd recommend there bud! I would give other spots, but I'm not sure how familiar you're with London as a whole, from zones 1-6?

ATX1001

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another tip: I've found that being by yourself a great opener to use is asking where the good bars/clubs/fun is because you haven't lived in the area for long. (And in your case, it's true) At least one group will tell you to follow them.

PlaysToWin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys. City centre locations are fine. That's more than enough to work with, at least for NYE.

Chatting with random people doesn't seem so bad but hitting on and trying to pick up girls scares me somewhat.

I'm really worried that if I don't set an ambitious goal and make myself be direct, then I'm just going to wuss out and a have a nice friendly but utterly pointless chat with whatever girls I talk to. But if I go direct, I'm going to come across as 'that creepy guy on his own and just out to pick up girls'.

PlaysToWin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whew, I balls'd up the travel arrangements and almost didn't make it to London today! That would have got me out of jail but no such luck. Now that I'm here, I have to do the new year thing.

Rather than some vague sarging night out, I've set myself a specific task. It is inspired by: http://theasianplayboy.blogspot.com/2009/12/how-to-kiss-10-girls-this-new-years-eve.html

Mission objective:
- Get as many new year's kisses (proper kisses and photographed if possible) as I can between say 2000 and whenever I go to bed. (That's the 24 hour clock, not my target numer of kisses hehe)

Bonus objectives:
- Get some numbers
- Get a lenghty (1min+) New Year's kiss for the stroke of midnight.
- Get New Year's sex

Strategy:
To start with, I need to get myself a digital camera (my last one broke). Also while wandering around do some normal practice approaches to get my confidence up.

I have a few New Year related opener ideas in mind to break the ice and conversation thread ideas to joke around and try to get to the kissing part, both for lone females and groups containing females. My instinct tells me that while telling lone girls of my mission will come across as a cheesy desperation move, telling groups esp ones with guys could well get them to play along (and take photos for me for proof!). I guess we'll find out.

I could see a group I just meet asking me to hang out and/or to a club with them at some point (because it's happened before - I must be a non-threatening guy!) But if I'm really going for the mission then that means declining them at least until midnight. I'll play this by ear.

Field report:
Please bear in mind that this is completely new to me. I'm a fairly self-confident person but I'm also used to being the quiet introverted listener/follower in group social situations. I'm not sure if I have the balls to actually go through with this. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if the first group I open ends up laughing at me and telling me to get lost then I won't have the stomach to continue. The weather could also be abbysmal. And I want this cold I have to go away. And I feel like a stand-up comic about to go on stage with questionable material and an unknown ability to improv.

I'll give it a shot and I'll report something back but it may be that I just failed epically!