Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

New Workout Plan

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The plan is to go Wednesday, Friday, Sunday.
Goal: Core body workout in quickest possible way. (Aim for no more than 2 hours per session)

The below is excluding warmup sets
(Reps x sets)

Day 1:
Squat 6x4
Clean & Jerk 1x8
Calve raises 6x4

Day 2:
Bench variations 6x4
Weighted Pullups or Wide Grip Pullups 6x4
Snatch 1x8 or OverHead Squat 5x4

Day 3:
Deadlift 5x3
Push Press 6x3
Hanging Leg-Hip Raise 6x3

and repeat each week.

How does it look?

MotownMack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Where did you get this from? I don't like it at all. No offense.

What are you doing for your arms? I see almost nothing there for your biceps and triceps beyond their use of stabilizer muscles. Very little for traps and delts too (shoulder girdle), nothing that's isolating them, anyway.

I never liked the clean and jerk. More of a power lifter thing, and always seemed like a good way to get hurt when throwing heavy weight around.

Honestly, $5 body building magazines are littered with work out plans on the month. I'd do that, or go get a body building book from a book store. For $25, you can get one of those Encyclopedia of Body Building books that will provide you with more well-thought out routines than you'd ever want to do (and realistically, you could find them online for free).

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MotownMack said:
Honestly, $5 body building magazines are littered with work out plans on the month. I'd do that, or go get a body building book from a book store. For $25, you can get one of those Encyclopedia of Body Building books that will provide you with more well-thought out routines than you'd ever want to do (and realistically, you could find them online for free).
Right...

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not just do a two day? In the gym less than an hour and a half each session, plenty of recovery time...

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I tend to take longish rests between sets lol.. Bench and Deadlift together take close to 1 hour for me to complete. (Including warmup sets.) I am pulling quite a bit..

I've centered my workout around the big 3 for almost 2 years now. Then I learned the Oly lifts (heaps of fun too) and want to in corporate them into my routine. Back then my requirement is that I do not deadlift on the same day as squats. http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134301

The Hanging Leg-Hip Raise was recently added because the deadlift has strengthened my back relative to my abs.. it's a rebalancing act.

However, I find the C&J very taxing as I'm basically doing max pulls on each rep. (if i reduce the weights then I'd have to go back to those annoying 10kg small plates lol).

P.S. More than happy to cut the calve raises out all together.

@MotownMack: I have never done a single set of bicep curl in the gym in my life. Huge guns is not a priority to me.

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
or maybe..

Day 1:
Squat 6x4 or OH Squat
Clean & Jerk 1x8
Hanging Leg-Hip Raise 8x3
Push Press 6x3

Day 2:
Bench variations 6x4
Deadlift 5x3
Weighted Pullups or Wide Grip Pullups 6x4
Snatch 1x8

Have tried doing C&J on the same day as Push Presses, couldn't complete all the sets though.

Is this shoulder work even neccessary if I do the C&J? or should it be replaced with trap work like shrugs instead?

Last edited:

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read the goal but it not really specific, whats your goal in terms of training, what are you trying to accomplish?

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In terms of training, basically hit every body part, so i dont get muscle imbalance.

In terms of trying to get somewhere for this, i want to compete for a weightlifting/powerlifting event somewhere down the road.

J89

Don Juan
Reaction score
MotownMack said:

What are you doing for your arms? I see almost nothing there for your biceps and triceps beyond their use of stabilizer muscles. Very little for traps and delts too (shoulder girdle), nothing that's isolating them, anyway.

I never liked the clean and jerk. More of a power lifter thing, and always seemed like a good way to get hurt when throwing heavy weight around.

nothing wrong with it imo, just needs a military press.

weighted pullups & deadlifts>>>>>>>****ty bicep curls

And no need to buy mags & books, he just needs to head over to Iron Addict Forums, muscletalk, t-nation they have a ****lo of proven routines over there.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm well if you wanna do powerlifting one day, have you looked int westside barbell routines? Really good for getting strength up :)

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shaunuk said:
Hmm well if you wanna do powerlifting one day, have you looked int westside barbell routines? Really good for getting strength up :)
Yeah i agree, westside would be a far better option for your goal

J89

Don Juan
Reaction score
MotownMack said:

btw if he would get a book i recommend starting strength, i think its on amazon

quality book

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Westside would probably be a great place to start like Shaun and Effort have said.

Type westside barbell into google and try elite fts for info on it. Ironaddicts.com has some info on it as well.

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the input.

Where's the WSB routines? is it under articles?

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Flyer said:
Hey guys, thanks for the input.

Where's the WSB routines? is it under articles?
theres a whole forum about it on ironaddicts.com

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
Westside would probably be a great place to start like Shaun and Effort have said.

Type westside barbell into google and try elite fts for info on it. Ironaddicts.com has some info on it as well.
:cuss: