Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

New weight loss diet plan!

Dev

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been reading a lot about weight loss (including Diesel's cutting thread). Also I've been reading a lot of diet books. I find that a lot of them do one thing very well. Perhaps combining a few concepts will produce a very effective weight loss diet. I was just hoping to see what you guys think. Also, keep in mind this diet is to be used with a weight training and cardio workout plan.

1. Obtain the majority of calories from protein. Lean meats and whey protein shakes make this up. Dairy products also contribute protein, however at a cost of lactose (carbs, more about this later). For each gram of protein, it loses about 30% of it's energy (calories) from the body processing it.

2. Throw out bad carbs, limit good ones. As we all know white, refined carbohydrates are awful for weight loss. However, other carbohydrates will be limited to fruits and vegtables. Pretty much anything very low on the glycemic index scale. Primarily to stabilize blood sugar and control food cravings.
Grains are overrated. They do provide vitamins and minerals but you can replace those with a one-a-day vitamin. Many people see tossing the grains as a dangerous low-carb diet as grains have always been touted as the saving grace for people on low-fat, high-carbohydrate diets. But what happens when you eat too many carbs? The body simply turns it into fat regardless of whether it is a simple or complex carbohydrate. You don't need as many carbohydrates as people say, and you can get what you need from fruits and vegtables. The level of carbohydrates you need is different for everyone. The goal is to eat only as many as you need and no more.

3. Eat your vegtables! A healthy portion of vegtables should be consumed during at least two of your daily meals. You can't really lose with any vegtables. Plenty of vitamins and minerals.

4. Fruits. Eat fruits for essential vitamins. However stick to the ones low in natural sugar. The lower it is on the glycemic index scale the more stable your blood sugar will remain, thus minimizing cravings for food when you aren't really hungry.

5. Drink at least one gallon of water daily. No Exceptions. Not only are the weight loss benefits from water numerous, since you'll be drinking so much water you won't be drinking other fattening drinks such as soda/pop/coke (depending on where you live).

6. EFAs. Essential fatty acids will be necessary as well. Olive oil, flaxseed oil, fish, nuts, etc. are encouraged for overall health.

Now that I've laid these things out, they aren't new ideas. I just haven't seen them used together. A protein rich diet that minimizes fat not carbohydrates (take that Atkins!). I havent set and specific numbers or ratios on the protein, carbs, and fats, however the principles are solid. I am currently doing this diet to lose fat and gain muscle. So far it seems to be working, I'll definitely check back here with results. I'd like your opinions on this plan. If there is something you'd do differently or add, let me know.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's plenty I'd like to add, just haven't got time at the mo!

Prepare for an ear-bending later. :D

karmavsDogma

Don Juan
Reaction score
So how is this working out for you?

I'm wanting to drop huge lbs over the course of this year. I lost 50 lbs in the last six months by cutting out soda. I'm dropping fast food to see how low that will get me.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're going in the right direction but you're missing one important staple: fiber. Either add some whole grain bread, or have more than 2 servings of vegetables. If you're not taking a sh1t once a day, you don't have enough fiber in your diet.

AgonyUncle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Calories. Important to count how many calories you are taking in. Try go 500 over if you looking to put on size, 500 under if you are looking to rip down over a period of time.

Simple carbs also have their place. Your body can do with simple carbs after a workout, as it helps to replenish muscle glycogen reserves. Combine whey with fruit juice or use a meal replacement with dextrose after your weight sessions.

Carbs form part of any balanced diet, and have got a bad rep over the last few years. For people who are active, cutting carb intake too low will result in lethargic work outs and poor overall mental focus. Take your carbs in, but just make sure they are the right ones.