New study slams "years of shoddy research" about Red Meat...finds it is not "bad for you" nor is it a health risk

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My cousin raises pigs, but they are free range and not raised in confinement like almost all pork sold in the US. I can literally see the happiness in his pigs just driving by. They are cultivators and he moves them from one patch of ground to another. At least in the US, if you visit your local farmers market, you can probably find free range pork. Like any other animal, it tastes better when allowed to have its natural diet.

OngBak

Don Juan
Reaction score
That “flawed science” is medical consensus from decades of epidemiological research. “Feeling great” on carnivore has more to do with removal of certain foods than beef being some superfood.
This is wrong. Read the big fat surprise and you will change your mind, ideas are supported with well done research articles. Red Meat is superfood and in fact doesnt cause any cancer or cv risks. Most of the time the issues are related to Seed oils or biased studies done on highly processed red meat and combination with wrong foods. there is no such thing as non rancid vegetable oils, all of them are rancid. You can even test it yourself, buy vegetable oil and bring it to the next labor within your University or any other clinic, you will see that the compounds are actually rancid. Rancidity makes you more prone to Inflammation and it is actually the prominent factor leading to CVD. Ghee, Tallow, Milk fat they dont go rancid that fast, it has higher heating point and lasts longer, so trans fats can be avoided while cooking, with vegetable oil you have risks that they turn into trans fats when cooking. Animals fats dont even do anything harmful to your cholesterol levels, again we have been lied to here as well. This one obviously you can test it yourself as well, thats why unsaturated fats are considered the losers.

My main point here is that red meat and organs isnt dangerous at all, just combine it with the right food and be thankful with the emerging testosteron level of someone who takes steroids, without taking them

Last edited:

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i eat a ton of red meat. Probably 7 plus servings a week... i workout a good deal... and also ensure I take fish oil twice daily. My blood work is always perfect and when I would take part in our biometric screening for work that nurses were always amazed at my markers. It could be genetic but who knows? I eat what I enjoy and what makes me feel good.

OngBak

Don Juan
Reaction score
i eat a ton of red meat. Probably 7 plus servings a week... i workout a good deal... and also ensure I take fish oil twice daily. My blood work is always perfect and when I would take part in our biometric screening for work that nurses were always amazed at my markers. It could be genetic but who knows? I eat what I enjoy and what makes me feel good.
Depends. What kind of red meat do you eat? What are your eating habits like?

Last edited:

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Amsterdam,
" Only eat meat you killed yourself with your bare hands."Is that Cat Wrangler or Strangler on your footnote?

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Machine10033,
The take home message I got was that the good effect eating your Veggies outweighed any problems from Red Meat....I read once that Canadas Inuit,in their home environment were almost entirely carniverous but had very little Cancer or Chloresterol problems...You speak of genetics,possibly you are a West Atlantic type,say Irish or Scots?whose ancestors foraged along the Sea Shore,although in the hard Winters they ate enormous quantities of Sea Kale to fill their bellies.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends. What kind of red meat do you eat? What are your eating habits like?
Most normal days :

morning is either 4 whole eggs mixed with egg whites and oatsor a protein shake mixed with oats. Vitamins and fish oil

mid morning half pound of lean ground beef w bone broth, rice and veggies

lunch same... or ground Turkey w rice and guacamole and veggies

dinner varies but two nights a week I will have a rib eye, smothered in onions /mushrooms, potatoes and veggies.... other nights it’s salmon, pork or chicken.

before bed low fat cottage cheese mixed w raisins...

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Machine10033,
The take home message I got was that the good effect eating your Veggies outweighed any problems from Red Meat....I read once that Canadas Inuit,in their home environment were almost entirely carniverous but had very little Cancer or Chloresterol problems...You speak of genetics,possibly you are a West Atlantic type,say Irish or Scots?whose ancestors foraged along the Sea Shore,although in the hard Winters they ate enormous quantities of Sea Kale to fill their bellies.
i am Irish, German and Italian.... I do crave chicken parmigiana and pasta often

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Only eat meat you killed yourself with your bare hands." Is that Cat Wrangler or Strangler on your footnote?
I wouldn't kill a cat for food, but rabbits and chickens, sure, no problem.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Amsterdam,
Driving home from a Ladies place a few nights ago and the car in front,belted a Bunny....I recovered him,soon as I got home I had his overcoat off and within ten minutes Briar Rabbit was in my slow cooker,simmering in a Curry Sauce...Made a tasty breakfast.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...the car in front,belted a Bunny....I recovered him,soon as I got home I had his overcoat off and within ten minutes Briar Rabbit was in my slow cooker,simmering in a Curry Sauce...Made a tasty breakfast.
I wouldn't eat roadkill, but if that bunny was freshly clipped and his fur is still unbroken, I can see how he could be eaten.

I shot bunnies with a 'professional' catapult while vagabonding around the UK/Ireland/Scotland, so I killed my share of food.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Amsterdam,
Hard enough to knock 'em off with a Pea Rifle let alone a Catapault,they are surprisingly tough and even though hard hit often make it back to their burrows.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hard enough to knock 'em off with a Pea Rifle let alone a Catapault,they are surprisingly tough and even though hard hit often make it back to their burrows.
I'd shoot them at dawn, when they were foraging. The catapult doesn't make an alarming noise, so I could see them go 'did something just whizz by?' and the next ball-bearing with knock them out.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Amsterdam,
Still pretty impressive,I have a catapault I use against Currawongs,a large Rook like Bird,I find 12mm Nuts the best...Back in the Day I would sit up over a burrow with a Pea Rifle,and using a silencer knock them off,some evenings I would have half a dozen bodies littered around,but it never seemed to worry the others!

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I once shot a rabbit with a big head and a small body (like Fiver, the psychic rabbit from Watership Down) and it somersaulted from the kinetic impact of my ballbearing. The other rabbits watched it, then gathered around the dead rabbit like crash spectators, but they ran off as I approached to inspect my kill. Not much meat, so I was glad he was the second rabbit I killed that morning.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, it absolutely genetic. Some people have natural low lipid levels, combined diet having no effect (it’s not absorbed in the intestine). They actually used that gene to engineer PKS9 inhibitor meds.