Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

New plate is a daddy's girl. Bad news?

tryst type

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
New woman I've been talking to/seeing I've noticed she has certain days devoted just to her dad and if the weather is bad, she's spending the day/night at his place. She's not talked much about him to me (at least not yet) but I sense she has a very very close connection with him.

Most of the pictures she posts on social media are of them two. I know most women subconsciously look for a guy who is similar to their fathers so it makes me curious if this particular one I should avoid? Usually women I see are never this attached, more in the realm of "normal"

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Without more info, would rather have one who has a healthy, loving relationship with parents, if even a bit too close, than dysfunction. Only actual experience will get your answer, no one here can tell whether she's spoiled due to a close relationship with her father alone. Good luck.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A girl having an outright bad relationship with her dad is a red flag for sure. The exact opposite COULD be a red flag but doesn't have to be.

I must admit that what you described seems a little over the top. Ideally, a girl should have a good relationship with her dad, but this all sounds like a little TOO much.

But it's not a definite red flag at all. Could be one, but doesn't have to be. More screening is necessary before being able to jump to conclusions here.

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Die Hard said:
A girl having an outright bad relationship with her dad is a red flag for sure. The exact opposite COULD be a red flag but doesn't have to be.

I must admit that what you described seems a little over the top. Ideally, a girl should have a good relationship with her dad, but this all sounds like a little TOO much.

But it's not a definite red flag at all. Could be one, but doesn't have to be. More screening is necessary before being able to jump to conclusions here.
^^^ this, it is a little weird especially the facebook.

I've known a couple such woman as friends. (Daddy's girlism) seems to fade I maybe. Their challenge seemed to be finding a man that was a together as their seemingly perfect fathers.

Should you keep with her, this should prove interesting ;)

SH

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tryst type said:
I know most women subconsciously look for a guy who is similar to their fathers so it makes me curious if this particular one I should avoid?
WTF? This is a good thing. Me thinks it's your insecurity talking. You're afraid of having to live up to her dad. My advice: Don't even try. If that's not it, what is? Afraid of having a woman who would require a real man? Again, insecurity.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tryst type said:
New woman I've been talking to/seeing I've noticed she has certain days devoted just to her dad and if the weather is bad, she's spending the day/night at his place. She's not talked much about him to me (at least not yet) but I sense she has a very very close connection with him.

Most of the pictures she posts on social media are of them two. I know most women subconsciously look for a guy who is similar to their fathers so it makes me curious if this particular one I should avoid? Usually women I see are never this attached, more in the realm of "normal"
I've dated 3 daddy's girls and here's what I found:

-They all love attention and are a bit needier and more insecure than the average girl.

-These types of girls will be willing to like/do whatever it is you like to do. They all liked male activities/hobbies like football, fishing, billiards, etc.

-They were all spoiled by their fathers and are used to hearing how cute they are since they were 5.

-All three were very sechsual and would do anything in bed or in public. Always wanted to please.

-These types will want to be with you 24-7. They are pretty dependent. About like a dog.

-All 3 had strained relationships with their mother.

-All 3 came from divorced families.

-All 3 were highly supportive. 2 of them were pleasers. The 3rd one was a little narcissistic and also extremely hot(hb9).

-They don't have a lot of female friends. They know girls are always drama.

-All 3 had a bit of "tomboy" in them, but were still very feminine.

-All 3 could suhk dik like a p0rn star.

-All 3 were very into beauty(working out, dress nice, hair extensions, fake boobs, etc).

-They will see your female friends as a serious threat.

-If you can't handle playing 2nd seat to her father at times, then this is not the girl for you.

A daddy's girl is probably as close as you can get to the 1950's housewife. You will need to be a strong MAN and secure with who you are to be successful long term with a daddy's girl. You will constantly need to keep your frame with these types. They will put you to the test. These types will test you to see if you are a pushover or not. They need and desire a structured man who will keep them in line and crack their a$$ when they need it. Thru your structure and strength is where they derive their security, much like they did with their father.

DMSR76

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As others have said, a woman having a close relationship with her father is a good thing, at least when it comes to basic interactions with her mate. The only time it really becomes a problem is when the father can't seem to let his little girl go.

A few years ago I had an awkward run-in with the father of a woman I dated. I was 34 years old, and she was 26. I accompanied her to a birthday dinner that was being held in honor of her father. (Her parents lived about 3 hours away, so despite the fact the woman and I had dated for about 6 months to that point, I hadn't previously met her father.) Two months earlier the woman accompanied me on a week long vacation on the west coast.

When I walked up to greet her father as people were gathering outside of the restaurant, he made it a point to admonish me about the fact the I didn't get his blessing before taking his daughter on the trip. WTF?!? He was so overprotective that I felt like I was back in high school again. (BTW, I guess he fancied himself some kind of alpha male, because his treatment of the male waitstaff in the restaurant was disgusting as well.) It took everything within me to contain my anger and avoid making a scene. The worst part about it is the fact that the woman I dated never took exception to his behavior and basically excused that nonsense. I broke things off within a few weeks of that run-in. It was kinda unfortunate, because I otherwise really liked her, and I was beginning to seriously consider a deeper relationship with her. However, I knew that any future interaction with her father would probably end badly once my temper showed up.

Last edited:

DMSR76

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, I think the dating interaction with this woman may be okay so long as her father doesn't treat her like she's 16.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Tryst,
A Daddies Girl is not generally a problem...Your relationship depends really on the extent to which you resemble him,and how you get along with him!

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Social_Leper said:
What is the world coming to when having a good relationship with your father is a red flag?

And then you guys wonder why you continually end up with fvcked up chicks...

If she has a good relationship with her father it tells me a few things.

• She respects male authority.

• She's probably a well adjusted person

• She's less likely to have all the issues associated with a broken family

But by all means friend, go for the BPD ex drug addict who hates her dad because you're probably next.
Couldn't have been more concisely spelled-out.

tryst type

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never been with a girl who seemed this attached to her father so I was merely seeking some information about it.