Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Never try to save a girl

cyclonus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just ran into one of my ex's today and she had this "life sucks, I want to die before I'm 26" attitude. She had her fair share of baggage: fvcked up family, abusive ex-boyfriend, druggie, suicide attempts. You couldn't tell at all by looking at her though, she was a hottie and appeared very out going and happy. But inside, she was dark and desolate, damaged goods they say. Luckily, I bailed out of that relationship as soon as she unleashed her history and inner misery towards me. It was difficult for me too at the time because I actually liked the chick and when I tried to break up with her, she played the suicide card on me. Luckily she didn't, she was hospitalized though.

So you'll come upon a ton of chicks in your DJ lifetime and some of them you may even get attached to. Sometimes they'll be like blooming flowers on the outside, but inside they're a wreck. What's worse is sometime's you'll find this out later down the line like me. And they could play the guilt card on you just like she did to me. But no matter what, put yourself above all else and don't drag yourself down to save a girl from herself.

I know most of you are thinking this is common sense really, but I just wanted to point out this simple thing and keep it succint. Relationships are supposed to make your life better, the icing on the cake so to speak. They aren't supposed to make your life more stressful and drag you down. Things to look for in a chick to separate from psycho's: She respects herself, she takes care of herself, she has good relationships with other people, positive outlook on life, open-minded, not too clingy or emotional, able to communicate well. That's all I could think of. Remember, being a Don Juan at the core is not about women at all, it's about YOU and respecting YOURSELF. Don't let anything get in your way.

ArizonaDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know what you mean. What really throws me off about these kinds, who you don't realize are psycho until later, is that they're always the ones who seem so great at the beginning. Always showing high interest, always returning your calls the same day, acting so excited to see you, etc etc.

Now I'm very wary if a woman doesn't give me at least some challenge at the beginning. When they're way too available, they're usually insecure psychos.

Powertrip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I second that notion. I havent dated a normal girl in so long I've forgotten what it's like!

Isnt there some sort of screening procedure we can set up?

[This message has been edited by Powertrip (edited 03-12-2002).]

the graphics guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
The best thing you can do for her is tell her to get professional help. And I know I am not a psychiatrist (and a shrink would never date one of his patients anyway), so that's all I would give her, besides wishing her well and good luck etc.

------------------
Bro's rule, grrrls drool!

cyclonus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isnt there some sort of screening procedure we can set up?
I wish bro lol. You just gotta keep your eyes open and keep your guard up. Don't let anything suspicious slip by and look out for the things I mentioned.

The best thing you can do for her is tell her to get professional help. And I know I am not a psychiatrist (and a shrink would never date one of his patients anyway), so that's all I would give her, besides wishing her well and good luck etc.
I did a lot for her actually, I got her help and talked to her family. When I found that it started affecting me, I sort of had to move my way out. I found that I could think more clearly outside the storm.

GREAT BIG MAN

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by cyclonus:
Relationships are supposed to make your life better

very good line. thanks!!

glowstix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
stick with the normal chick...

------------------
" Women, can't live with them and can't live without them." - i would like to shake the guy's hand that thought that one up.. =P

Glów§†íx

Monkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On the whole I agree but IMO its very selfish to bail out on someone whenever you discover they have 'baggage' (doesnt everyone have this anyway?) Its all fine saying next but this isnt taking into account that we are human beings with feelings.

Sure if after meeting a girl you find out shes a complete basket case then get out QUICK!!! but in this day and age youre gonna be going through a lot of women before you find one which is perfect. We all have problems!!

~The_Chosen~

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea true, but if the situation is right, and you guys are in love (real love) and she tells you her problems with her family, you should help her out like a real man and not leave her hanging.

But if you ain't with her, fuq it. Cyc is right, only save the ones that you KNOW you both are in love and she is worth it. which is highly unlikely.

------------------
~The_Chosen~ has spoken...

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is just not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

Judge a man by his questions and not his answers.

cyclonus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are problems, and then there are problems. There's helping someone, and then there's being their crutch. There are people who want your help, and there are people who don't want to be helped. Both the extremely weak and the extreme agressors are guilty of the same things: insecurity, selfishness. It is not selfish to put yourself first. It's life.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Monkey:
On the whole I agree but IMO its very selfish to bail out on someone whenever you discover they have 'baggage' (doesnt everyone have this anyway?)
A girl can have baggage but it had better be carry on. That's my rule. If it can't fit in the overhead compartment then you can't bring it aboard.

------------------
CASANOVA

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."
Eric Hoffer

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."
Voltaire

"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it."
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Did I say something that offended you? Click here

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Talk about the ultimate in being "Captain Save-A-Ho!" Check out my post as AMS:

http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/011860.html

Glad I talked myself out of getting tied up with that girl. I still hang out with her though because she has worked out well as a social proof in the nightlife.

------------------
You either own the game or it owns you!

AlfredB18

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Monkey:
On the whole I agree but IMO its very selfish to bail out on someone whenever you discover they have 'baggage' (doesnt everyone have this anyway?) Its all fine saying next but this isnt taking into account that we are human beings with feelings.

Sure if after meeting a girl you find out shes a complete basket case then get out QUICK!!! but in this day and age youre gonna be going through a lot of women before you find one which is perfect. We all have problems!!

Yeah, but if that "someone" makes no concerted effort to take care of their problems...you'd bail, too!

We all have skeletons in the closet, like it or not, I agree, but I don't lop them onto someone else just because I can...

raven_82

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yah, I agree. Don't try to change the "system", play the "system". Being a revolutionary wastes your time and cuses more problems then it fixs.