Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

never be her therapist? what if she becomes like my therapist then what?

rocco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i read a "how to get with women" book once that said "never be her therapist" because basically you'll get stuck in friend zone, but what if I (a guy) turns her into my therapist, and get her emotionally/generally invested in me?

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Generally speaking, that's also bad. It becomes less about her becoming invested in you and more about her not seeing you as a potential lover because you've shown too much vulnerability too soon.

I talk about this in my newly released book. It's good to show vulnerability in some ways in managed doses. Pickup artists have even done this strategically. I do it all the time. However, if you're not so experienced, it's easy to slip up and come off as not masculine, as someone who isn't dependable.

In other words, it's easy to get stuck in that "friend zone" if you go that route as well.

Also, bit of a different topic but, if you need therapy, go see a real therapist.

Last edited:

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Want more emotional investment? Spam Alpha.

Want her to stick around longer? Give small, calibrated doses of Beta.

If your needs aren't being sufficiently met (sex), her needs (comfort) aren't your problem.

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No matter which one of you is the other's therapist, the principle here has always been (and always will be) that you do not act like an emotion ATM for a chick that you are not fvcking, for whatever the hell reasons.

After you've fvcked her good at least dozens of times, at that point she would likely enjoy telling you stuff, and you can choose to listen to or not.

LTG71

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You’ll put yourself in the position of her gay male girlfriend. You become a “girlfriend” to her and not a guy she wants to bang. When you try to make a move, she‘ll be shocked. “I thought we were (girl)friends?” If you do, make sure it’s in very small doses and not a daily thing.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I once became her therapist. In my case it had nothing to do with being her emotional tampon. It was about helping her improve. That's what she wanted, and she knew I could help her. With some knowledge and understanding I had, along with her effort, she took herself from a level 5 to a level 7. She learned some skills that improved her life significantly. She was the student, I was the teacher.

The problem was I started to feel more like her father than her lover. I lost all sexual attraction.

OP, not a good idea. Its not how you generate attraction. It certainly has a manipulative tone to it as well. How about work on your problems? become a better person so others will like you organically.