Nervous before calling

Demon Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
What are some good ways to not get nervous before calling a female?
I get nervous when I think that I might sound nervous.

I just called this one chick and just left my # for her to call me back. I do not think I sounded nervous but I was hella nervous. By thinking like that I succeed in making myself more nervous. But at least I called.

The girl I called is not the only one out there, she says no NXT her.

slitherjef

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im usualy nervous while making that "first call" too. But of course I get no where when I call, so when I can, I just talk to them face to face.

Answers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to get nervous too.

Why do you get nervous in the company of certain people? Its because you're trying hard to get them to like you.

Shyguy2003

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's normal. Just remember this next time you phone a girl for the first time and it should put yourr mind should at ease; she's most likely nervous too during the first phone call.

Mr. Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
Demon Wolf said:

I just called this one chick and just left my # for her to call me back. I do not think I sounded nervous but I was hella nervous. By thinking like that I succeed in making myself more nervous. But at least I called.

The girl I called is not the only one out there, she says no NXT her.

Realize that if you sound nervous or a nervous during a simple telephone call, you're just a douche. Do not be a douche by confronting your fears. I.e., calling her without thinking about it.. Try it several times and it will become a thing youd one several times. Thus no worries about being nervious about a thing you done several times. Same as everything else.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Demon Wolf said:
I just called this one chick and just left my # for her to call me back.
I usually don 't do that... especially when calling a cell phone... because she automatically gets your number in recieving the call... so giving her a number to call you back with sounds kind of needy

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I get that way too. I completely crashed and burned on this chick's answering machine the other night. I even did it immediately after getting off the phone with another girl thinking that would help. Nope.

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have a beer with dinner before you call her. A beer, not 3 or 5. Eventually you will still get a small fluttery feeling before you call a girl for the 1st or 2nd time but it will get to the point that it doesn't affect your voice and you realize it is normal to be a little nervous before calling a hot girl you dont know very well.

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In response to nexus...sometimes I leave messages and I never really am happy with how it sounds. I am going to try to never leave messages. It is a habit with me cuz I leave messages for friends or family but with girls I am going to quit doing it, they will see your call and if not just call again in a few days or a week.

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Inside Man said:
In response to nexus...sometimes I leave messages and I never really am happy with how it sounds. I am going to try to never leave messages. It is a habit with me cuz I leave messages for friends or family but with girls I am going to quit doing it, they will see your call and if not just call again in a few days or a week.
That's not a bad idea. Maybe I should do that, too.

DonRaul

Don Juan
Reaction score
Drink a hot cut of water the first time. It should relax your voice a bit. I also recommend talking to someone else first to get in a talkative state. As soon as you talk to them say something interesting and then boom say you have to go and that you will call them right back. Dont call for another 5 hours. You will feel a lot less nervous this time.

Make some plans and make it happen.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Demon Wolf said:

It's natural to get nervous before calling, esp if you like the girl.

It's not a bad idea to leave a message either. All these people that say "dont' leave a message, make her chase you.", that's only if you like girl 50%.

If you like the girl and don't leave a message, what are you waiting for? The sky to fall in on you?

Lord Shinra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont leave messages, because she saw I called ( if I called a cell, which 99% of my phone calls are to anyway) but for those few times I call a landline, I may or may not leave a message.

To beat the butterflies, keep it simple yet interesting with some C&F. "Yo, its _____, did you know that in ancient times sailors thought walruses were mermaids? Call me back (OR I'll call you later/tomorrow/sometime this week/this century/never)." You get the idea.