Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Nei Strauss - sellout or not?

muttley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok i just watched a video clip of Neil Strauss appearing on "This morning with Richard and Judy" ( its a chat show in the UK ) and now im a little frightened. They discussed his book in detail and he took three guys into a bar and they used

the 80's dogs openers,
jealous girlfriend openers,
they discussed time contraints
the "girl has same outfit as you" neghit
a few more.

This went on national television. I know its been on TV stations in other countries too.
These openers/neghits/routines are useless from now on.

The more i think of it, the more i believe that a woman will know when your "running game on her" thanks to Mr Strauss, especially the mystery method.( which is described in the book ).

Part of me thinks that Mr Strauss has done a great job awakening those men who for years have been going through anguish in regards to getting girls. But the other part of me is angry at Strauss for awakening the female population to PUA methods and formulas.

Yes before you mention it or flame me, i shouldnt rely on Strauss's book or his methods to pick up women, its not that which worries me. Whats worrying is that women will now be more aware of a PUA and someone who will run game on them. This is a fact. Womens magazines will tear this up.

For all you guys using styles/mysterys routines, better come up with your own stuff pretty soon before you walk into a club , open a chick by saying
"hey i need a female opinion on something.." to which she cuts you off and says "yeh your buddies are over there you have 2 mins cos you need to get back to em, his girlfriends jealous, who cares, get lost":down:

A new ERA of PUAdom shall evole IMO.

Strauss, sellout or not?
Mr Strauss, sir if you ever read this thread, great book you wrote but youve ratted us all out in the process

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The word "player" existed before him. Didn't they ever ask you if you were a player when you were so smooth?

In that case, no one should lie, because the bible's out in the bookstores.

Stop watching (so much) tv, and you will never hear a word about him.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by muttley
Whats worrying is that women will now be more aware of a PUA and someone who will run game on them. This is a fact. Womens magazines will tear this up.
You never heard of the book "The Rules" that came out about 10 years ago have you? It was a guide for women as to how to hook a man. It basically was a set of sh1t tests that could deflect weak game and perpetuate the existance of "nice guys."

The book was extremely successful in sales but DJs still survived despite it. Actually the women who wrote the book ended up getting divorced from their husbands but that's another story altogether.

The fact is (and you said it in your post), DJs shouldn't rely on canned lines especially if it were stolen from someone else. It's like using cheat codes in video games with less of a chance of actually winning.

muttley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
true true, the point im trying to argue is that women will be more aware of PUA methods and PUAs in general because of this

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
true true, the point im trying to argue is that women will be more aware of PUA methods and PUAs in general because of this
but we're not PUAs, so don't worry, it's okay.

muttley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by h2o
but we're not PUAs, so don't worry, it's okay.
Some of us sargers are using these tactics..come on ive read your sarging thread too dude :D

FRëSHURE

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep. and because they know that guys are trying to pick them up, they'll stop liking d*ck.

Strauss sold no one out. Although I'd never head of 'style' before the book came out, it is clear after reading it that he played a MAJOR part in building EVERYTHING that we now take for granted.

Had Strauss never met Mystery there would have been no Project Hollywood, which means no RSD. The Mystery Method would be completely different, infact, Mystery could be dead.

The things that Strauss, Mystery and the rest have learnt, they didn't have to teach it. They certainly didn't have to teach it for free.

These ideas and methods were going to be found by more and more people, and someone was always going to make alot of money from it. It seems fitting that Strauss and Mystery would both make alot of money.

I don't know enough about other PUAs. But David D, Tyler both seem like they deserve the $$ aswell (even though I don't enjoy there long winded threads.)

So better that these guys make the $$ on it, then some chump who comes along, learns it all, and writes a book without ever giving to the community.

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
Some of us sargers are using these tactics..come on ive read your sarging thread too dude :D
ok, ok, Juggler rocks :D but I'm not a big fan of Style. i've read yours too, sarge on!

still, if you "sprinkle" in the tips you get from these guys and not rely heavily on their "methods" you will do fine. i think it's mostly a problem if you're substituting your own personality for canned material...which DJs wouldn't do.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is just the first time when a guy has provided information. All the womens magazines, television talk shows and works by feminazi authors have been attempting to either expose or lambaste us for years.

muttley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ill upload the clip to rapidshare or something... watch this thread...ill upload it.

fyrefly

Don Juan
Reaction score
Even if mainstream females learn and watch out for pua's, we'll just become better at disguising ourselves, nothing can stop us, we are too strong, and too many.

fender85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, that was a lot more informative than any of the interviews Neil's done over here in the States. Glad that show's over the pond. :D

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
****, if real 10+HB women find out about the game they will look for naturals.

If your not a DJ you are not natural, and that is why you read these forums.

Bradshaw

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The only defense that Neil really has is: most of the routines that he is giving away, he invented.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We'd all do the same....

It really sucks what he's done. I see people talking about this **** everywhere now. From about.com to newspapers to you name it.

I am sad to say that most of us probably would've done the same thing had we only the talent and forethought. I'm not being self-righteous here, but the more commercial things get.. the more mainstream public will become awaken to it. Money breeds advertising to get more money. It's great for those people selling products.

At this point my new material doesn't even get shared with my local wings unless they observe it, because I know it will eventually get posted on the Internet. Even my field reports are going to be censored from this point forward.