Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

negotiating

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok for all of you negotiators, what are the guidelines for successful negotiating? say negotiating to buy a car and you want to bring the price down...

DJDanny

Don Juan
Reaction score
For example with cars.

Do some research to figure out what you think you should realisically be paying. Take a few dollars off that.

they start unreasonably high you start unreasonably low.

Sometimes there so bartering back and forth til you reach a middle figure or a final figure if a deal can't be reached.

Most importantly be fully prepared to walk away and never looked back if you don't get the price you want.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well for example this car is reasonably priced... well its about $1100 overpriced but it has new 18 inch wheels and a bumping sound system which should make up for the extra $1100. I dont even know if this guy is willing to negotiate yet, well see tomorrow. but lets say he was and he was weak minded so what would be the most efficient way to negotiate down the extra money thats coming from the wheels and sound system?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the guy selling the car is going to ask for the moon.
you offer the earth.
both of you settle on the stars.

say the car is 4000 from the seller.(used)
offer 2000.
you will end up buying it at 3000.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I sell motorcycles and negotians depend on alot of things. First off you have to have a decent fica score if you want to really get somewhere. As a sales man if I take your app back to my finance manager and you come back as a ghost or have like two bankruptcies, then I'll say "good day sir and f*ck you f*uck you very much" because unless theirs i'm getting a bonus strictly on number of units or a spiff of somekind my time is best spent else where. If you have a co signer with a high fica score or a joint applicant, then that's a different story. If you're paying with cash i'll negotiate heavily because that means i don't have to go through all that buisness with the bank, ulitmately making me a little less money but a small deal is better then no deal at all.

Although a dealership may tac on "a ton" of money to the price there are some cost that we just can't skimp on. Taxes, freight, technical checks (you don't want your vehicle breaking down two days after you get it off the lot), liscensing, and the actual cost of the unit. When you negotiate i'm usually taking away from the profit that my dealership makes of which i get a percentage for commision so I'm negotiating with my money to get your money. obviously i'm going to tell you the vehicle is really expencive becaue i want to get paid, but also if I don't tell you a price and you say "make me a deal" then i'm kind of at an impass. I don't know what "a deal" is to you becaue I havent' offered you anything yet. So you should definately go with a price in mind, not so low that it'll sicken me but maybe a few K off from my first offer. If I can I'll throw in accesories or something to keep my pricing higher or maybe an extended warrenty becaue that stuff may add value to the product and sweeten the pot a bit without me loosing too much money. I really really really don't want to come down on prices but I will if you start walking off the lot, so if you get me to come down on price and we're off by just a grand or two and you start to walk I'll RUN after you, bring you back inside, and tell my finance manager to make it happen. I'll lose out a little in the end but god only knows if I'll see another sale that day or even that week so i'll do it.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PRMoon
I sell motorcycles and negotians depend on alot of things. First off you have to have a decent fica score if you want to really get somewhere. As a sales man if I take your app back to my finance manager and you come back as a ghost or have like two bankruptcies, then I'll say "good day sir and f*ck you f*uck you very much" because unless theirs i'm getting a bonus strictly on number of units or a spiff of somekind my time is best spent else where. If you have a co signer with a high fica score or a joint applicant, then that's a different story. If you're paying with cash i'll negotiate heavily because that means i don't have to go through all that buisness with the bank, ulitmately making me a little less money but a small deal is better then no deal at all.

Although a dealership may tac on "a ton" of money to the price there are some cost that we just can't skimp on. Taxes, freight, technical checks (you don't want your vehicle breaking down two days after you get it off the lot), liscensing, and the actual cost of the unit. When you negotiate i'm usually taking away from the profit that my dealership makes of which i get a percentage for commision so I'm negotiating with my money to get your money. obviously i'm going to tell you the vehicle is really expencive becaue i want to get paid, but also if I don't tell you a price and you say "make me a deal" then i'm kind of at an impass. I don't know what "a deal" is to you becaue I havent' offered you anything yet. So you should definately go with a price in mind, not so low that it'll sicken me but maybe a few K off from my first offer. If I can I'll throw in accesories or something to keep my pricing higher or maybe an extended warrenty becaue that stuff may add value to the product and sweeten the pot a bit without me loosing too much money. I really really really don't want to come down on prices but I will if you start walking off the lot, so if you get me to come down on price and we're off by just a grand or two and you start to walk I'll RUN after you, bring you back inside, and tell my finance manager to make it happen. I'll lose out a little in the end but god only knows if I'll see another sale that day or even that week so i'll do it.
hmm very helpful...thanks