Neg Hits... Do they work?

Do 'Neg Hits' work for you and how old are you.

• YES - Under 18 (17 Years old and younger)

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • YES - (18 - 25)

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • YES - (26 - 32)

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • YES - (33 - 39)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • YES - 40 and above

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • NO - Under 18 (17 Years old and younger)

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • NO - (18 - 25)

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • NO - (26 - 32)

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • NO - (33 - 39)

• NO - 40 and above

• Total voters

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of us heard of them, many profess to use them; but are they really successful and does it depend on your age?

By successful I mean did you get an immediate, positive, interest raising response from the woman. Giving a neg hit for retaliation does not count.

Vote YES in your appropriate age group if you have been successful MORE THAN HALF (+50%) OF THE TIME.

Vote NO in your appropriate age group if you choose not to use neg hits or if you are not usually successful in using them (-50%).

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
who, franc, man i dont think people really remember all the times they used negs that worked.

For me, i use negs as a part of my C+F to tease the girls. It works on college/high school girls in a way that they do wonder "is he an *******, or is he joking?"

id say Negs work

DEKKA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
basically it all boils down to the woman you are using them on. you have to have a sense of when to use the neg-hit or it will backfire on you.

if shes very attractive they work.
if shes an attention wh0re they work.
if shes self-absorbed and overly confident they work.

on the other hand.

if shes insecure, not a dime piece, not self-absorbed, or over just a nice person than you better not use the neg hit.

Reaction score
Or, if she's like that, just don't neg hit quite as hard. Seems to work for me even if you can get the slightest, even inoffensive cracks in there.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm bumping this to see if the tides have changed at all.

American_Psycho

Don Juan
Reaction score
So few people understand how to neg hit properly, I'd say this entire poll is mostly worthless.

Anyways, getting "immediate" results isn't really the purpose of a neg.

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Neg hits DO work....If they are used correctly. Problem is most people get a NEG and an INSULT mixed up so unless you know what your doing I advise against negs.

Negs are not a free pass to be an a$$hole!

Sarge On!

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tomatoes said:
Neg hits DO work....If they are used correctly. Problem is most people get a NEG and an INSULT mixed up so unless you know what your doing I advise against negs.

Negs are not a free pass to be an a$$hole!
This is very true,many do mix up neg hits with insults. My friend who insults instead of neg hitting is know as an a**while because of this.

Chosen1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Work for what? I kind of feel like badboy negs are for the weak think about it. How much would it hurt a girl to hear that her nails look nice even if they are fake or whatever.

I also think it takes a girl that really pays attention to herself to care for instance if i call my mom or sister fat they both care but, if I were to say to my sister that her makeup was wrong (she wears a lot of makeup) she would care more then my mom. I also think it depends on what the person wants to hear at that time if you are out at a club, with beautiful women looking for a man then they will work to a limited effect. That's what I beleve I love Mystey and would like to meet him because he seems interesting if not irrational (see the neg) but his techniques are not the end all in my opinion

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, does the voting still work for this thread? It's interesting to see the answers of the different age groups.

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't actually use "neg hits" so I voted no.

I'm funny and tease girls all the time, but it's never in a "the girl's a hot but snobby b*tch so I use neg hit to knock her down a notch" perspective. If the girl's so snobby and full of herself that she needs "neg hitting", I'd rather skip her.:D

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I voted yes, because they do work in a sense.

However, I don't usually need to use them since I've improved my approach in two ways A) I spot approachable women and B) I use an approach that women like. Mystery's idea seems to be that once you get past the initial ***** shields women are all the same. I have not really found this to be true. I've found some women just tend to be annoying and nasty in general. I know many guys enjoy 'club girls', you know the one's from the white stuck up burbs who go to the same places every weekend like a ritual in little groups. So my opinion isn't worth sh1t for guys who like that.

It's true that sometimes a group of women sitting around talking will try to be cute to impress her friends and sometimes these are really nice women. Reframing and just holding my ground fixes this the overwhelming majority of the time. I used negs for probably about 6 months to a year, I can't remember exactly how long. They do work, especially on the really hot stuck up chicks. In my mind getting past the ***** shield isn't going to help. In my experience, these are often deeply flawed human beings. I've alo gamed 9+ girls without using any negs. The idea that all hot women will throw up ***** shields is really weird to me. I think that belief is what causes the ***** shields from really hot chicks in the first place. I rarely get these reactions, and when I do I can't see that it's based on looks. Ugly club girls are as likely to do it, if not more so, than the hot ones to me.

High level guys are gaming models and sh1t, that's just so far away from my reality it isn't even funny. The closest thing I've ever done to that is dated strippers and an Asian model that no one has ever heard of, so take my .02 for what it's worth,

Leonardus

Don Juan
Reaction score
neg hits always works, but the special trick to not get it mixed up with an insult
is....

insinuate, say something that sounds very offensive, she'll turn it into an insult
and say "oh my god you just said i was fat didnt you"

and if you did it correct you can say "no, i just said you shouldnt touch the chocolate anymore (gives you acne :p)"

always have a way out..

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Most of us heard of them, many profess to use them; but are they really successful and does it depend on your age?
They are useful under two circumstances.

A) You know how to properly use them. Most people here misunderstand them and think any insult is a neg. Telling a girl she's ugly is not a neg. Telling her she's stupid is not a neg. Acting as though you think a girl is a vvhore is not a neg (I've seen each of these mentioned on this site in posts where people called them negs). Those are just plain insults, and they are quite obviously so to the girl.

A neg used properly is just to make the girl see that she thinks she's more important than you do. You can't sound like you're intending it to be negative or it will backfire. Think of a neg more as a back-handed compliment. You don't use them as openers if you expect to be successful, you need to feel the girl out first. The reasoning being....

B) You use them if the girl thinks she's above you, or too good for you. If the girl is already self-conscious about something and then you go dig her on it, you're just going to put her in mega-defensive mode, or she's going to be embarassed about it, which will cause negative feelings that with resultingly be associated with you. Not good. But if the girl thinks she's super hot sh!t, you can bring her down a notch with a good neg.

Some examples of negs I've used that seemed to work and open a girl up after an initial cold response.

"Hey, those are nice earrings. When I first swa those at the dollar store I thought they looked really good for how cheap they were."

"Oh, that's a Gucci purse huh? Funny, I just expected them to look a little.... I don't know, more expensive in person."

After seeing a girl stumble a bit while standing...
"Maybe you should stick with flats when you're drinking instead of such big heels."

"Do you have a tongue ring or something, because it sounds like you're talking a little funny. No, it's cute though..."

I don't think it's dependant on age at all, it's about you using them the right way, and only using them on the right girls.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea like let's dig deeper into this:

You see some hottie who works across the mall ile from your store. She puts up a ***** shield to every single guy in the mall. She relentlessly **** tests and tries to tool guys by pushing all their paper work off the kiosk or getting them to do things for her.

It's pretty much a given you will be just another tool unless you do something different than every other guy. In this situation a neg can be useful when she's engagging the group. You see she assumes higher value than me and every other guy in the mall. So here is what I did: First, I ignored her. I didn't go running over to introduce myself and I didn't act like a prick. I just kept talking to other girls I worked with and made sure we were laughing and having a legitimately good time and we were. Then when we were introduced she used her automatic **** test of trying to get me to sign up for a credit line which I didn't do. I didn't do it because all other guys do and because I knew it would give her a reason to pursue me. Little power games went on like this and she went really really far too bad I don't have time tp type all the things she did to try tooling me. I did use a couple negs in group situations like about her shoes looking comfortable and you should've seen the look on her face lol she tried to play it off "O ya these are the most comfortable heels" see like the thing is it made her self-concious but it wasn't perceived as an insult, she actually tried her best not to look like it bothered her but clearly it affected her. Again, I always made sure I had my game face on and other girls were into me when she walked up. Across the hall she'd see groups of girls always coming up to me and laughing and smiling. While I didn't stay and fvck her, I am confident I could've because she totally started respecting me and trying to get my attention on a daily basis and she was by far the biggest ***** shield I have ever seen anywhere. BTW, I finally let her feel like she'd won me over by signing the damn credit line. LOL. I should've made her buy me dinner but I had other females on my mind. This was a really extreme situation. There were other hot gals in the mall I didn't do much other than be seen with other women and having great convos with to get chasing me.

Yea negs work in the right context, done correctly but too much emphasis is put on this. A man could easily nail 1,000s of women without using negs if he really wanted to. I think of it as more like a bonus, I've heard from many men who say their entire game falls apart without the negs... ha ha I gamed girls before I ever heard the word neg in my life. What's really funny is the guys who say neg, pause for effect, and then wait to see if the magic line is going to make her horny.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Yes, they work on girls with Low-Self Esteem.

Real DJ's don't resort to such weasel tactics as "neg hits"

Imagine trying to "neg" Michael Jordan on his BB playing skills.

Think it would bother him for a second? Hell no.

Same as negging a HB

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
How do they work on women with low self esteem?

Slevin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
They work on everyone if you know how to use them.
Imagine trying to "neg" Michael Jordan on his BB playing skills.

Think it would bother him for a second? Hell no.
I would neg his baseball skills.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
By "negging" you are demonstrating lower value, as well as trying to qualify yourself to her.

The point of negging is to bring her down a notch or two. That automatically sub-communicates that she is above you, and that you have to try to bring her down to "your level"

The other point of negging is to show that you are not intimidated by her beauty, and that you feel comfortable enough around HB9's and 10's to the point where you can behave that way around them, but it just sub-communicates that you are also trying to qualify yourself to her at the same time.

"I negged you, because I'm not intimidated by you" so to speak.

It's like when you're about to get into a fight, and your opponent says "I'm not afraid of you" or "You don't want to fight me"

By saying that, it shows that he is indeed afraid of you, but he's trying to convince you he's not.

Same principle applies to "negging"

There are much better ways to DHV (Demostrate Higher Value)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
By "negging" you are demonstrating lower value, as well as trying to qualify yourself to her.

The point of negging is to bring her down a notch or two. That automatically sub-communicates that she is above you, and that you have to try to bring her down to "your level"
I still don't understand of bringing a woman that already has low self esteem down a level; even more so bringing her down to your level (which brings up the question on just how low a level you're at - just curious).

It still brings up the question on why a guy would choose to sarge a woman with low self esteem in the first place; and then to bring her down even further. Everyone knows that babysitting a woman with low self esteem takes a ton of effort.