Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need to quit cursing, cussing, and swearing.

WaRpEd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok bros, help me out here.

I would very much so like to quit cursing. I feel it degrades my personality and its leaking into places it shouldn't be leaking into. :down: I it's a big hindrance in many parts of my life, and I would very much so at least like to cut back. Also I feel that when (never say IF) I do this it will help me work on many other aspects (such as thinking before I talk, overall classiness, and what have you)

So I need some ideas here. I'll try putting a selected amount money in a jar, but I know I'll break down and use it for gas or laundry like it would have been used for anyways. My mom's not here to back-hand me and my roommates would curse me out if I asked (in a funny way, lol).

Any Ideas? Suggestions? Comments? Constructive criticism? Any one want to to quit bad-mothin' with me?

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just be conscious of it and you'll cut back. I've been trying to do the same thing, as I have the mouth of a sailor when I'm having a bad day. Now I only curse in front of my closer friends an try and avoid swearing or showing anything but upbeat positive emotions when I'm around the general public. At least in this way I can still get my cursing and swearing out of the way, amongst people who don't care. I try not to swear much in front of my girl, either.

A damn or a sh!t ain't bad, but when you start droppin f-bombs and other profanities in every phrase, it sounds very low class

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Every time you swear, $5 goes into a jar. That money goes to a charity or church. Whatever you choose. It's a win win situation.

dopexile

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cursing isn't a bad thing... it just depends on the audience and the context. If you're telling a story to some people it can make things a lot more interesting because of the shock value and the political incorrectness. But if you're going up to approach women... don't cuss... even though they probably curse like sailors.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is the perfect word isn't it.

I'm dealing with this issue too. I swear a lot, but am trying to cut back haha.

Funny, I've gotten to a point where I'm happy with my pickup skills, happy with my body, happy with my education, etc. But I still have trouble being polite.

Put a jar in your room and every time you swear pop a quarter in there. It's not so much to take your money away, just to give true weight to your words.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What the **** is wrong with you?

smackler

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell your friends that if you cuss it's okay for them to kick you.

I am not joking. In a cople of weeks you'll be fine or in the hospital.

WaRpEd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always tried to be consious about it, but simply thinking to myself about it isn't going to work, everybody has a different learning process (especially me)

But anyways I've put a rubber band around my wrist (my V-Chip as I call it) and everytime I drop one I pop the...you know (lol)...out of myself. I've noticed a distinct decrease in how many times I've slipped up. Because I'm thinking about it, physically doing something about it, and a small sting everytime simply reminds me what I'm trying to do...though I think I need a stronger rubber band.