Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need to pick a new TV Series to get into.. suggestions?

CrashOverRide

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I'll state for the record that I really don't watch much television. Between my job and hobbies the only consistent things I really watch are the news and sports. Ok... well maybe some South Park here and there :)

I have recently got into a few series which I caught up on. Dexter and Breaking Bad. I have some time now to get into another one but I'm not sure which to pick. I hear people at my job always talking about the following shows: The Walking Dead, Homeland, Game of Thrones....

So I'm thinking I'll pick one of these 3... what do you all suggest?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there are 2 shows on tV that I really like right now.

One is Go On. First beucase I want to break a **** off into the lead female character but the show is pretty funny and interesting. it's light and funny

The other is Scandal. I didn't think I would lke the show at all but I love the show. it's really really good and action packed.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Wire

twentee

Banned
Reaction score
I watch little TV. Dual Survival is sometimes entertaining. is there something called the "hunger games", or is that movie. ? seems like it would be a good series. Walking Dead is pretty good, if you can ignore the obvious silliness.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Game of thrones is great wheter you are into the genre or not.

The wire as well its great, action and great plots plus well done characters.

The walking dead
, good idea but quitted it since they spend 80% of the time talking about stuff more related to mindfvcks than the zombies around them.

Mad men tried to watch it but found it kinda boring, quitted after the first 3 episodes.

Californication
is really cool , and the main character despite occasional afc behaviours(very few) could be a good role model, love his ex wife yet doesnt mind banging girls around and do what he wants most of the time.

X-files if you are into conspiracies and science fiction, oldie but goodie.

Oz is kinda heavy for sensitive people but totally worth to watch, great plots and characters.

Rome the tv series is well done and cruel enough to not be cheesy, great plots.

Battlestar galactica great for sci-fi lover plus it has some romance that not only is not bad but even appreciable, and trust me Im totally allergic of any drama-romantic chick flick thing, even sopranos pissed me off sometime in that.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like Dual Survival as far as reality tv goes, but I was watching an episode yesterday where they were in the mountains and supposedly did not know which direction was north. Army guy does this long demonstration about how to magnetize and suspend a wire so that it will spin like a compass needle to determine north. But while they're filming the bit, the sun comes out from behind the clouds and is casting very obvious shadows on the ground. I guess most tv viewers wouldn't know that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west :D

Blistex

Don Juan
Reaction score
White Collar has become one of my new favourite series. After all, I enjoy those Law & Order type shows.

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
yeah, Cody just HAS to play the dumb hippie, and the other guy is a gungho jerk. That was not quite so true of the first dude, Dave, but I heard that they dumped him over his having lied about some of his qualifictions. Since he walking dead segued into fights with REAL people, it's become considerably more interesting, but the GRIEVOUS tactical and gear errors are painful to watch.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the ones mentioned. (breaking bad, walking dead, etc)

But if you like South Park, you'll likely like "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia." Same kind of humor, but with real people instead of cartoon characters.

They've got seasons 1-7 on Netflix.

U

user43770

^^ It's Always Sunny is hilarious. Currently, though, Workaholics is the funniest show on television. Y'all check it out.

Aristippus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been watching some 80's TV shows I grew up with. You can find them on Hulu for free. Right now I'm watching "The Fall Guy". I'm a few episodes into season one. Enjoying it so far.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Californication. Absolute best series I have ever seen. Brilliant.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how about Family Matters and Fresh Prince of Bel Air

topshelf19

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell on wheels! Total bad ass. People always ask if it's about motorcycles, is not. It's an old Western series that follows a railroad build through the Dakota territories. I've gotten into the new one about air force pararescumen on national geo channel. Bad group of mo fos. Steer clear if you have any ptsd issues though.

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

DJ Bax

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just finished the first season of hell on wheels, any idea when the second season will be on netflix? Cullen Bohannon handles "The fair maiden of the west" like a don imo.

White Boy

Don Juan
Reaction score
How about your turn off the TV and start living a life? Time is your most precious asset and rest assured, on your deathbed your dying regret won’t be “I wish I watched more TV” — it will be something you didn’t do, compliments to the years and years you spent glued to the tube.