Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need to lose weight before I start muscle building

superstorm250

Banned
Reaction score
So I'm 24, 5'11 and the last time I weighed myself I was in the low 200's. I used to do tree trimming with a family business and that kept my weight at a normal level because it was such a psychically strenuous job, but I've gained more ever since I stopped doing that because the amount of physical activity has gone down ever since I switched jobs. My uncle who I used to work for there just came over to pick something up and he said it looked like I've gained weight. So I was hoping to get some weight loss tips to get me into the 170's so I can start muscle building training. I'm gonna be using body beast for that, and I wanted to lower my weight before I started because that program makes you bulk up as part of it.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
My uncle who I used to work for there just came over to pick something up and he said it looked like I've gained weight. So I was hoping to get some weight loss tips
so you need your uncle to help you recognize you are fat? lol

do pushups every 2 days to the limit

superstorm250

Banned
Reaction score
so you need your uncle to help you recognize you are fat? lol

do pushups every 2 days to the limit
No I already knew that I needed to lose weight lol, it just really needs to happen if other people are saying stuff about it.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Healthy fats in your diet help you lose fat. By contrast, processed carbs, sugars, and alcohol make you gain fat. The only exception to this rule is if you are doing high-intensity cardio like an athlete in training, which you aren't so it doesn't matter.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you need to refine your diet. Unless you have a massive amount of body fat you do not need to cut. More than likely you will make the mistake of doing massive amounts of cardio and starving yourself only hurting your metabolism. Start your routine and start meal prepping. I do it twice a week.. check out YouTube and you can get some great meal prep plans. Your body will start shedding fat once you start eating clean food. My staples are chicken breasts, lean beef, flank steaks, eggs, broccoli, green beans, brown rice, oats and cottage cheese and lots of hot sauce.

fanatic22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Echoing what others have said, you need to change your diet and just start lifting. If you've never consistently lifted then you're going to simultaneously cut fat and build muscle very quickly. I started lifting this year at 6'3/190 lbs and finished at 220 lbs with a 3% bf decrease. The changes happen quickly if you put in the work.

patty

Reaction score
Just start: this is indeed the most important thing.

Thatfeel21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Echoing what others have said, you need to change your diet and just start lifting. If you've never consistently lifted then you're going to simultaneously cut fat and build muscle very quickly. I started lifting this year at 6'3/190 lbs and finished at 220 lbs with a 3% bf decrease. The changes happen quickly if you put in the work.
This year? So....you gained 30 lbs in 8 days? Impressive, bro....

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just started running 5k's and lifting at home with push ups.

Body always reacted quickly to that. The biggest thing is diet and lots of water. Just eat clean, drink water and do some exercise - consistently.

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Time to reframe and reconsider what a "normal" day is for you.

Work that cardio into your daily routine and keep it there. Make a weekly running/biking mileage goal - start it realistic, and escalate up.