Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need some prom date advice ASAP

Colin O'Brien

Don Juan
Reaction score
So prom is this saturday. Earlier I texted my date asking her what color her prom dress was (so I could buy a corsage). I was riding the bus home about 10 minutes ago and I get this text: "Black. Don't buy me red roses. We're going as friends".

Well ****, I thought I made that pretty obvious we were going as dates. I haven't replied yet. I definitely do not want to go "as friends".. so what do I do now? Should I ask another girl to prom and tell my current date "I don't want to go 'as friends'"? Should I just puss out and go with her as a friend? There's a couple other girls who are still available, I figure I should ask one of them. Or should I just go in the group dateless? (It's a huge group). Prom is soon, I feel like I should decide what to do by tonight. Help prz.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fvck it, show up with red roses or no corsage at all.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I give up on trying to give Zen master answers.

My reply wasn't really about the corsage but her statement about the deeper "meaning" of the corsage.

Show up with red roses if you like her and if she wants to moan and *****, fine ditch her at the prom and go drunk in the parking lot.

If you show up without a corsage at all and she *****es say "it was either red roses or nothing". That should drive the point home.

Edit: Click this link http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=145939 Read what Rollo has to say.

Colin O'Brien

Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is, should I go with her still? It's kinda late to ask somebody else but I have someone in mind who may or may not say yes..

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
Make her a cheap ass corsage. Pick a dandelion or some other low-quality flower from your front lawn, poke a hole in the stem, string one of those 2 inch blue rubber bands found on the stems of broccoli and give it to her, and make sure it doesnt fit. When she walks down the stairs dont say "you look amazing" say "...your wearing that!?" Then when her parents take pics of you two together make sure you dont smile at all, then open the door for yourself and walk out of the house first. Thatl show that b1tch you dont wanna go as friends!!

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even better pick the dandelions out of her yard. And don't forget the ragweed!

Colin O'Brien

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha you guys are the best. I decided I'm going to go with her anyway, I figure I don't even really want a relationship anyway and at this point it's easier to say "whatever", go with her in the group, dance a bit then go off and do my own thing and hook up with someone else at afterprom and after afterprom.

ian23

Reaction score
be with her to prom... you'll never know if she'll like you... just be gentle... just be yourself... and have fun..

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
COLIN you have two choices. One is you accept that your prom will be what it is and you go "as friends." In this case understand what it is, you are simply her accessory for the night. You'll do as a necessary piece of her outfit; corsage (interesting she would expect this from a friend), necklace, tiara, elbow gloves, "friend" date, bracelets,...etc. You get the idea, you're just a part of what she's expected to be wearing, and she's made this painfully clear at an early stage in order to pre-excuse her planned behavior - which will most likely amount to her running off with her GFs as soon as you take your $125 prom pictures to prove she did have a date that night.

Your other option is to opt out now, and don't delay. That may not be feasible, but it will certainly be practical. Proms are an industry (like the wedding industry) and present a considerable investment for most guys at an age when they're really unable to pay for it. So you may have payed for the limo already, obviously the tux, you're expected to buy a corsage, Lord knows how much for the prom itself, you'll probably drink, etc. That said, is it really likely you could change plans at this stage? Answer me that and I'll tell you what to do.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Your other option is to opt out now, and don't delay. That may not be feasible, but it will certainly be practical. Proms are an industry (like the wedding industry) and present a considerable investment for most guys at an age when they're really unable to pay for it. So you may have payed for the limo already, obviously the tux, you're expected to buy a corsage, Lord knows how much for the prom itself, you'll probably drink, etc. That said, is it really likely you could change plans at this stage? Answer me that and I'll tell you what to do.
I agree with Rollo.

As I mentioned at another Prom thread not to long ago,

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1404610&highlight=prom#post1404610

DJDamage said:
So he should go for the afterparty then.

Most Proms are the sadest things ever. Alot of guys go out of their way to ask a girl out for that one and only night hoping that everything works out in the end and the best case outcome they will get pvssy while at least get some social proof for going to the prom with a GIRL.

Alot of guys end up dropping serious dough for a girl who wouldn't even kiss them in the end of the night. This is a highschool forum stuff and should probably move there but if you are asking a girl to the prom make sure she is ALREADY into you. You first need to ask a girl out in advance on a date and not lay it all do or die for the prom.
So I would advice you that if its not too late, cancel the limo and the date and go to the afterparty solo. Don't worry about social proof because after highschool everybody is going their own seperate way and it won't effect you what so ever.

gmillar

Don Juan
Reaction score
She's obviously a bltch. Don't spend any money on her. If you're worried about showing up alone, then just go with her and ditch her as soon as you get there. Like not even one dance or anything. If you can't find anyone else to dance with, then leave. It's not like it matters, high school is over.

Colin O'Brien

Don Juan
Reaction score
At this stage it really is too late to change any plans.. on the plus side I'm going in a huge group so it's not like we had a "date" or anything planned (like dinner reservations or something). The girls I mentioned already have people they're going so it's not like I can ask anyone else to go with me. Seems like this chick is kind of socially retarded in the romance department and it genuinely seemed like she was down with me.. so its not like I was trying to be "friends" with her in hopes of pu$$y all AFC-style.

The dance itself might be pretty lame (hey they've got a chocolate fountain though) but the afterprom party and whatever house party after afterprom I decide to go to will be way tight. I doubt this chick will even go to the afterparty.. she'll be too upset that she blew her chances with me :D

And as far as money is concerned.. I'm not spending a dime on this chick. The group thing won't cost me anything (horray rich friends!) My parents (mom specifically haha) insisted I rent a tux and get a corsage so they offered to pay... it's really not worth arguing with them and plus I look damn good in the tux anyway. Hahahah.. there's no way I'm spending any money on prom pictures. If she *****es about it she can pay for them herself.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am telling ya flask of whiskey + buddies + parking lot = good times. :D

In Motion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Colin O'Brien said:
So prom is this saturday. Earlier I texted my date asking her what color her prom dress was (so I could buy a corsage). I was riding the bus home about 10 minutes ago and I get this text: "Black. Don't buy me red roses. We're going as friends".

Well ****, I thought I made that pretty obvious we were going as dates. I haven't replied yet. I definitely do not want to go "as friends".. so what do I do now? Should I ask another girl to prom and tell my current date "I don't want to go 'as friends'"? Should I just puss out and go with her as a friend? There's a couple other girls who are still available, I figure I should ask one of them. Or should I just go in the group dateless? (It's a huge group). Prom is soon, I feel like I should decide what to do by tonight. Help prz.
Oh holy ****. When I read your this I gagged. ""Black. Don't buy me red roses. We're going as friends". Man that was ice cold. get her back in some way. I defineatly support the dandelion idea. And COMPLETELY ignore her at the prom and just talk to the other members of your group.