Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need some help with my crush. Is she interested?

JBrigg916

Reaction score
Here's what's been happening so far:- (I'm 16 never had a girlfriend before)
There's this girl that I have a crush on we've been friends for about 7 months, we're both 16, I'm really shy and I think she is to, we're both socially awkward and Gamer | Geeks.
(She broke up with her boyfriend about 3 months ago)

First off, we talk loads, and I mean loads (we talk about games, TV, and music, stuff like that), when we talk we smile at each other and throughout the conversation we look into each others eyes, we don't look away, when I finish talking she'll ask me a question or tell me something interesting, when we first started talking she was always looking down, talking really quick and stuttering on some words, now it's not so much.
We both like almost all the same stuff, music, games etc. (This isn't even half of what we share in common).
I've made her laugh once or twice, and she's only laughed at me when I've made a complete and utter fool of myself. When I stumbled, she was the only one to laugh, she was giggling to herself. Even when I made a barely funny joke, she was the only one to giggle.
Also when I make a really bad joke, she'll sort of stick up for me, like defend me.
If I need anything, like a pen or a pencil or some help, she'll always help with anything I need.
Sometimes she'll ask for help off of me and it'll be something really simple.
If I talk to other people, she'll butt into the conversation, I don't mind her doing this.
When I asked for her number, she was pretty quick to give it to me, and said it so fast I had to half guess some numbers.
When I was talking to the girl we had, what I thought was, an awkward silence because I couldn't think of anything else to say to her. It lasted about 25-30 seconds, when she finally said something the conversation carried on.
The other day, after school mine and her friend shouts "Her name have a nice walk home with my name"
She replied with "Why wouldn't I?!"
Her tone was defensive, as if she was sticking up for me, but it was happy sounding, higher than her usual voice, she's done this a few times now.
She's also told me personal stuff about her, like what music and stuff she listens to, books she reads, what uni she wants to go to, that her parents are thinking of moving away when she finishes college things like that.
When we we talk I think her eyes dilate, but that could just be the lighting.
She was touching my leg with her foot as well, I think she knew she was, because she didn't stop, I'm probably just imagining this.
I've seen her, out the corner of my eyes, looking at me and if she sees I'm putting my glasses on, she'll put hers on to. Also when she was talking with this other person (boy), she leaned to the side of him and was looking directly at me as if she was talking to me.
She has been telling me more stuff about herself, like what she did the past couple of days and what she plans on doing and shows me pictures and stuff on her phone.
Also she sometimes asks for my help with really simple things.
She keeps saying that I should get twitter and Facebook. And on one occasion said "You should get twitter so I can stalk you." (I did get twitter and we talk on that to).
The other day me and my crush were talking like we usually do she was smiling and looking into my eyes for a few seconds and then looking away and looking back up again. She kept getting a bit stuttery and talking softly. (I think she giggled a few times to).
Also a couple of times whilst we were talking she brushed her hair with her hand.
Also she was really fidgety with her hands, she was rubbing her arms and putting her hands into her sleeves.
BUT when I asked for a hug when we were leaving, she bluntly said "No." But she lets our other friends hug her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure what to make of this message.
So I sent this message the other day.
"Message to all friends.
Due to some issues. I will no longer be on online...at least not for a while.
Goodbye."
She replies with ""How come you're not going to be online? "
I say " (Sigh) I've just got some problems I need to deal with. "
She says " Oh, then I hope you get everything sorted out. :/ "

So the other day we were texting each other (we haven't texted like this before) and this is what we said
She asked me "Why were you out of college?"
I said "I wasn't feeling well and was told to get some air, so I decided to go and buy some stuff."
She said "Ah. I went to see my mum, she went back into hospital. Hope you feel better.
I said "Thanks. I hope that sore throat of yours gets better and so does your mum.
She said "Thanks. I get yummy medicine for it though. :D"
I said "Strawberry flavour?"
She said "Yeah :D"
I replied "Mmmm. I'm hungry now."
She didn't reply.

Zerro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JBrigg916 said:
BUT when I asked for a hug when we were leaving, she bluntly said "No." But she lets our other friends hug her.
This is pretty much all I needed to hear. If she's not comfortable being in physical contact with you, especially when she has no such issue with others, then she isn't interested.

youngmack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks like shes just looking for some attention.. Like shes playing around with you...Im not 100% positive though.. Best way to find out is ask her to be your gf.Make a move and ask her to be your girlfriend, you've got nothing to lose assuming you havent fall too hard for this girl. If she says no then oh well next her and move on..

JBrigg916

Reaction score
Zerro said:
This is pretty much all I needed to hear. If she's not comfortable being in physical contact with you, especially when she has no such issue with others, then she isn't interested.
Other people (girls) have said "Even the "don't hug me" thing. We normally freak out when our crush asks us to hug them or do something with them and spit out the exact opposite of what we want to say (not meaning to) or we get shy around them."
And that it may be because she's shy and nervous around me because she likes me.

Zerro said:
If she's not comfortable being in physical contact with you
Well there has been a few times when me and the girl were talking, she would keep touching my foot with hers, it was like she was tapping my foot, I'm not sure if she did it on purpose or by accident, although she did it a few times and on one occasion, I THINK, she was rubbing my leg with her foot.
I didn't mind her doing it, I sort of liked it.
Also she didn't move her feet when mine touched hers, I don't think she minded it.

JBrigg916

Reaction score
youngmack said:
Looks like shes just looking for some attention.. Like shes playing around with you...Im not 100% positive though.. Best way to find out is ask her to be your gf.Make a move and ask her to be your girlfriend, you've got nothing to lose assuming you havent fall too hard for this girl. If she says no then oh well next her and move on..
I haven't really had any experience with girls whatsoever.

Also have you got any tips on how to flirt better, I don't want to be too obvious.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JBrigg916 said:
I haven't really had any experience with girls whatsoever.

Also have you got any tips on how to flirt better, I don't want to be too obvious.

Why not?

Zerro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JBrigg916 said:
Other people (girls) have said "Even the "don't hug me" thing. We normally freak out when our crush asks us to hug them or do something with them and spit out the exact opposite of what we want to say (not meaning to) or we get shy around them."
And that it may be because she's shy and nervous around me because she likes me.
Personally I consider this to be crap that girls just say to make a guy feel better. We've all known those chicks who are friendly with everyone while not giving us the time of day, yet are still checking us out from across the room when they think we're not able to see them.

Yeah well those very same "shy" chicks will then proceed to throw themselves at some other dude the moment he shows up while still not giving you any play.

Also you said that she almost never laughs at your jokes, which is another bad sign. Ever noticed how when chicks are around a guy they like they'll laugh at pretty much any dumb thing he says?

JBrigg916

Reaction score
Iceberg said:
I can't really explain it, if I'm to be really obvious flirt i'll end up messing it up.
My personality is shy, I meant I don't want to flirt like outgoing people do.

Zerro said:
Also you said that she almost never laughs at your jokes, which is another bad sign. Ever noticed how when chicks are around a guy they like they'll laugh at pretty much any dumb thing he says?
I didn't say that at all, I said "I've made her laugh once or twice, and she's only laughed AT me when I've made a complete and utter fool of myself. When I stumbled, she was the only one to laugh, she was giggling to herself. Even when I make a barely funny joke, she usually the only one to giggle.
Also when I make a really bad joke, she'll sort of stick up for me, like defend me
."

RedZone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why did you even ask to give her a hug? Should of just went for it.

konmai

Don Juan
Reaction score
take her out, hold her hand, put your arm around her shoulders, kiss, etc... enough talking, and stop with the excuses about why you can't do this or that. otherwise, be happy with just being her friend while other dudes plow her.

yungpadawan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just make a damn move. I wish someone had told me that when I was 16. Also, its better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

The_Crack

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol she is 16 dude.
You can't handle 16 year olds like the 20 year olds this forum us really created for.
It seems like she likes you, i made the same mistake as you in high school and pu$$ied out with a girl i REALLy liked, and she ended up going out with someone a few weeks later. Sucked big time, but it was my fault. If it didn't work out at least i would've had closure ya know?

Just man up, and do what you need to do. Instead of telling her how you feel, maybe try doing some activity together after school like bowling, or ice skating or roller bladeing. There are plenty of opportunies in these type of activities to go in for the kiss.. when the time is right go for it. Don't beat around the bush. If this all to much, you could just tell her how you feel.. it is high school after all

Good luck champ :)

PlentyOfLove

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im posting from my phone, so Ill keep it short. I had a girl like that once. I was about your age, too. She showed clear sings of something. Wanted to sit next to me and whatnot. You know what I did? Waited for the right moment. Then a guy transferred from another school. A natural dj I guess. You know what he did? Went for it. He got a girlfriend, I got a hug on the last day of school. Lesson? Go for it. In a couple of years you are glad you did, whatever happens, since rejection is better than regret. Always. Heck, she might just be shy and a bit childish, thus the hug rejection. You never know. So go for it, we're cheering for you ;)

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This needs to go to the high school forum.

But as a general rule of thumb kid, if you have to ask, the answer is probably "no". :D

LearningSlowly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sooo covered. But hey, now that its in the high school forum. She doesn't like you. Find another one.

And what do you mean you dont want to flirt obviously? That's the only kind of flirting there is! The rest is just friend-zone sh!t.