Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need some help with clothes

Niterider450

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am clueless about what to wear anymore. I gave up on staying in style in middle school. lol I have not idea what clothes women find attractive on men anymore. Only the pants I have anymore are work pants and dress pants. Mostly just t shirts and a few dress shirts and shoes are just tennis shoes, work boots and a one pair of dress shoes.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Start with Primer Magazine's "The Getup."

http://www.primermagazine.com/tag/the-getup

It's not advanced and doesn't vary much but it lays out options that are classically stylish, color coordinated, and layered to break down the basics of male fashion.

I'd also figure out what color clothes work best with your skin tone. I'm pale with green/blue eyes so I wear alot of green and blue to show off my eyes with subdued colors like beige, olive, and off-white.

http://www.askmen.com/fashion/fashiontip_200/222_fashion_advice.html

Take a couple of female friends with you shopping once or twice. They love make overs so they will be eager to go and may even buy you a piece or two. They will give you another perspective that you might not have considered.

Good luck.

Niterider450

Don Juan
Reaction score
FairShake said:
Start with Primer Magazine's "The Getup."

http://www.primermagazine.com/tag/the-getup

It's not advanced and doesn't vary much but it lays out options that are classically stylish, color coordinated, and layered to break down the basics of male fashion.

I'd also figure out what color clothes work best with your skin tone. I'm pale with green/blue eyes so I wear alot of green and blue to show off my eyes with subdued colors like beige, olive, and off-white.

http://www.askmen.com/fashion/fashiontip_200/222_fashion_advice.html

Take a couple of female friends with you shopping once or twice. They love make overs so they will be eager to go and may even buy you a piece or two. They will give you another perspective that you might not have considered.

Good luck.
Thanks man

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fairshake, good links - repped.

OP, also look at guys out in public places and notice who looks good and who doesn't, and then analyze the differences. Specifically look for folks with your body type and take cues from that. I have learned a lot that way.

Niterider450

Don Juan
Reaction score
MOTU said:
Fairshake, good links - repped.

OP, also look at guys out in public places and notice who looks good and who doesn't, and then analyze the differences. Specifically look for folks with your body type and take cues from that. I have learned a lot that way.
Thanks

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear NiteRider,
Your info on shoes is quite disastrous...It may surprise you,but most are obsessed with shoes...having such a Tall girl...Your current belle exceeds six Feet I believe...Heels are a must!...I suggest Zip up Cowboy boots...In Cool weather a stylish Ascot style Cravat/Scarf looks good!

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've posted this advice before and it's always served me well. Find a celebrity with your same age, body frame, and coloring, and copy them. They spend thousands of dollars of stylists... look at what they wear in pictures and you will know what works best for you.

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go out and about. When you see a couple and you see a girl who is attractive, one you'd bang, see what the dude with her is wearing and copy that.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man! Can modern "fashion" for men be any more unmanly? That's my main gripe with a lot of those websites.

Fin9

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not about becoming a princess, it's about looking good. A man should dress well.

BondAFC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most guys don't have a clue how to dress, myself included.

When I started dating again, I made a small investment of $15 to buy;

AskMen.com Presents
The Style Bible: The 11 Rules for Building a Complete and Timeless Wardrobe.

Great book with simple, practical advice that you can build on...
Then head out to a local discount mall every couple of weeks after work and see what you can pick up.
Don't try to do it all at once. Be selective and (armed with knowledge) start buying individual pieces that work well together...
It doesn't have to cost a fortune.

And I second the comment on shoes...
Women LOVE shoes and it's the first thing they notice....
They won't typically comment on bad shoes, but will almost always comment on nice, stylish shoes.

You don't have to look like a fashion model...
You just need to look better than the last guy she went out on a date with...