Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need Help With 30 Lb Reduction

Reaction score
What about weightlifting? You do pushups, dips and ab exercises. What about some back and leg lifting?
I'm kind of doing it a little differently right now. I find that the pushups and dips tone my upper core BETTER than weights do for some reason, it might be due to the better form. My back looks great.

I will soon incorporate my all body workouts again like I used to do.

Hey, you guys are talking about this diet huh? > http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet-101-the-definite-anabolic-diet-guide/

Now listen, there's alot of cooky diets out there, ALOT of them. Tomorrow there will be a diet that tells you not to eat chicken because protein makes you fat ;)

My question is, what scientific background is based on carb cycling? I know it sounds good but I mean is this just another DIET thing?

That's why all you guys were saying don't eat apples and stop drinking apple juice, I'm over here like wat in the hell? Lol, I've NEVER heard anybody say not to eat ANY fruit.

But you guys are basing your advice on this diet that involves carb cycling, I want to know WHY is this a diet I should follow? There's like 1,000 diets out there guys, if you eat healthy isn't that the only DIET you should be doing?? :confused:

Reaction score
Guys to add on this, I don't want to sound like I'm being ungrateful or anything but like I said above but I just want to make a comment. Guys, there's 1,000 diets out there.

They ALL focus on doing extreme NON-HEALTHY ****.

1.) Mostly protein diets
2.) Carb cycling diets
3.) Low carb period diets
4.) NO JUNK FOOD EVER diets
5.) No Red Meat diets
6.) Drink 3 gallons of water a day diets
7.) Dont' ever drink beer diets
8.) EAT chicken as the only meat diets
9.) Weight Watchers
10.) Bally's
11.) Dont' eat whey eat soy

On and on.

Why not just eat overall healthy and balanced?

Look, it's just the whole apple thing that's got me. Do you guys know all of the GOOD THINGS in an apple? They can't list them all, they are still discovering the good things about them. The apples I'm eating is making me fat?? Come on guys, you are reading too many Muscle and Fitness magazines. So Wheat Bread and apples are the new Mcdonalds now? Come on guys, can we get serious here??

Don't eat corn either. So corn is the new Whopper?

I mean it just seems like you guys are all puffed up over the latest diet craze. I want some real advice here based more on scientific/individual body processes not theories.

Where I'm At Now

I have INCREASED my HITT cardio days from 1 to 3, and from 60 minutes to 70 minutes so far. I do notice that it's working already. Maybe that's my answer. But I would prefer not to have to do all that and that's why I'm hoping you guys can provide some real information here not fad diets.

Come on guys, carb cycling? Are you serious? How is that sustainable? How in the hell am I supposed to do that for the rest of my life? Is it EVEN NEEDED? Does IT even work or did you guys' lose the weight because you continued to EXERCISE??

I will use this thread now as my personal journal and provide updates on how the increased cardio is working. But come on guys I can use some good information, I know its out there. But telling me that corn, wheat bread, and apples are making my body fat percentage higher is just not common sense.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have INCREASED my HITT cardio days from 1 to 3, and from 60 minutes to 70 minutes so far.
Your sessions are too long. Keep HIIT sessions down between 10-20 minutes.

20-40 minutes of true(100% effort) HIIT per week is pretty good. The rest of your cardio can just be from activities like brisk walking/swimming/casual sports.

--

Carb cycling DOES work, though as you say it isn't very sustainable. If you have set goals that you want to achieve within 6 months then proper carb cycling is the fastest way to get there, but other than that it isn't necessary.

I just go with a logical approach to eating carbs:

I only eat carbs twice a day, at breakfast and post workout. I eat more carbs on days when I lift hard/do HIIT, and less carbs on days that I'm just doing cardio or general fitness stuff.

generally eat carbs like fruit, oats, a sports drink now and then, etc.

At your level (noob), just following the basic principles will get you to your goals fairly quickly.

basic principles:

1) Train heavy 3x per week, train light 3x per week, cardio 2-6x per week.
2) Eat enough protein, 4-6 servings a day of it. Eat only unprocessed foods, none of that packaged crap. Real food has expiry dates, fake **** doesn't.
3) Get the bulk of your calories from protein & fats, eat carbs tailored to your goals
4) Drink plenty of water... duh
5) Get plenty of sleep.. duh
6) Consistency is the key to success, keep at it for 6 months and you'll be happy with your results.

At your level that's all you really need to think about. Advanced bodybuilders and people going from 9% bodyfat to 5% bodyfat are the ones who should be concerned with carb cycling, not you.

ps. eating apples will not make you fat. eating natural corn off the cob will not make you fat. The advice that these guys are getting at is this:

Eating a carbohydrate-heavy diet turns off the Burn Bodyfat switch in your body, so eating carbs is a touchy issue when it comes to fat loss, but as long as you're doing enough physical exercise to justify the amount of carbs in your diet, then eat all the apples you want!

Reaction score
Your sessions are too long. Keep HIIT sessions down between 10-20 minutes.

20-40 minutes of true(100% effort) HIIT per week is pretty good. The rest of your cardio can just be from activities like brisk walking/swimming/casual sports.

Okay Well Quiksilver, its' the ONLY thing that's working right now in addition to my resistance training and eating. And I posted what my cardio was earlier on. 60 minutes of interval training on the Stairmaster with around 55 mph average speed. How is that not intense training?

Now, I'll ask you just like I ask the other guys, why are are saying to only do 20-40 minutes? Is it based on some clinche that you read in a magazine, a study, what? I would rather not do alot of cardio like this but it's the only thing that's burning me down and I'll getting over 1,000 calories burned per session. Like I said, I increased it from 1 day to 3 days and I'm already seeing the difference. So maybe I've answered my own question with no insight from you guys at all.

Plus why replace the STAIRMASTER with walking? Again, listen, I'm not trying to be a prick. I'm trying to get my lower abs to be more firm and show more and it's just I'm tired of reading information that's not doing anything for me. I feel like I always have to relay on my own internal knowledge (which is fine), but sometimes it would HELP if I had SOMEBODY that offered some valuable insight.

MOST of the guys in the gym are fat and want to give you every TIP on how you should be lifting a dumbbell. MOST of the personal trainers suck and literally sit around eating Wendy's everyday at lunch time, I kid you NOT.

Carb cycling DOES work, though as you say it isn't very sustainable. I only eat carbs twice a day, at breakfast and post workout. I eat more carbs on days when I lift hard/do HIIT, and less carbs on days that I'm just doing cardio or general fitness stuff. generally eat carbs like fruit, oats, a sports drink now and then, etc
So then can I eat fruit or not? Quiksilver, scroll up and see the way I eat now specifically. Can you tell me just WHAT is wrong with it? I'm not even CONSUMING that many grams of carbs right now. The other guys are saying that my insulin is going up too fast.

Again guys, I'm just trying to find an answer here.

At your level (noob), just following the basic principles will get you to your goals fairly quickly.
This is the problem, I HAVE been following the basic principles. Analyze my diet and tell me where am I not doing it? I'm tired of my lower abs moving, tired of it. Yes I'm ranting, but damn I've been working hard over here and stayed discipline and the crap just keeps on jiggling, what's all that about?

1) Train heavy 3x per week, train light 3x per week, cardio 2-6x per week.
2) Eat enough protein, 4-6 servings a day of it. Eat only unprocessed foods, none of that packaged crap. Real food has expiry dates, fake **** doesn't.
3) Get the bulk of your calories from protein & fats, eat carbs tailored to your goals
4) Drink plenty of water... duh
5) Get plenty of sleep.. duh
6) Consistency is the key to success, keep at it for 6 months and you'll be happy with your results.

Quiksilver, I already do this. 6 months? Huh, try the fact that I"ve been doing this for over a year. Yes, I look toned and lean. Yes, I will give myself that. But that's not enough. I want my ABS to not move and just be plain hard.

It's like the fat is coming off EVERYWHERE accept the lower portion. Just what in the hell is going on with my body??

blinkwatt101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not just eat overall healthy and balanced?

Bingo! You hit dead on dude. If you follow that there's a thousand recipes to follow. You never get tired of eating this way and vitamins are a joke when you learn to love veggies and fruits.

So Wheat Bread and apples are the new Mcdonalds now? Come on guys, can we get serious here??

Pft you can eat both. Just buy whole wheat bread and try not to load up on eat before bed. If you want to drop sub 5% though....don't eat bread.

Don't eat corn either. So corn is the new Whopper?

Double pft! Corn is the same category as wheat bread in my opinion. Just make sure it's raw,or if you buy in a can that it doesn't have sugar added.

I mean it just seems like you guys are all puffed up over the latest diet craze. I want some real advice here based more on scientific/individual body processes not theories.

That's key! It's why I suggest to people to go to a gym where you find someone's physique you want. Study the way they lift(but don't be a creeper) as them for advice and such and then befriend them. Most people have no clue wtf they are talking about in the gym and in the kitchen.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meal One: Body Fortress Protein shake, motts apple juice, 1 apple

Meal Two: 2 pieces of baked chicken legs, a can of green beans, two toasted wheat, 2 16 oz. bottles of water, supplements of Vitamin World Ultra Vitamin-Omega 3-Green Tea Extract

Meal Three: 1 piece of steak, a can of corn, two toasted wheat, 2 16 oz. bottles of water, supplements of Vitamin World Ultra Vitamin-Omega 3-Green Tea Extract

Meal Four: Body Fortress Protein shake, motts apple juice, 1 apple

Meal Five: 1 piece of thigh, a can of corn, two toasted wheat, 2 16 oz. bottles of water
TBH that diet is average, and if you're at 12% bodyfat(some fat on lower abs still) and you're trying to get really lean, a la < 9% bodyfat, then that diet combined with your terrible workout program is the reason for your lack of results.

Replace with:

Meal One: 6-8 whole eggs, 1 apple, 1 cup apple juice.

Meal Two: 2 baked chicken legs, toasted wheat, water, supps.

Meal Three: 1 piece of steak, two toasted wheat, water, supps.

Meal Four: 1 piece of chicken, can of green beans, 1 apple, water.

Meal Five: 1 piece of thigh or fish, more veggies, water.

Cut that apple juice **** back, it's just sugar. Apples = good, apple juice = bad. Allow for a serving of carbs(bread, pasta, apple, etc) post-workout.

You should be lifting heavy regardless of whether you're trying to drop weight or not. Always lift heavy, manipulate your diet to shed the bodyfat. YOU are not lifting heavy, you're doing dips and pushups and arguing that they're as beneficial for your physique as squats and deadlifts.

Be a little more civil to people trying to help on here, if you don't like someones advice just ignore it. That being said it's apparent that you think you know what you're doing, despite a clear lack of understanding for what it takes to get from 12% bodyfat to under 9%. Take that as a warning.

Reaction score
Be a little more civil to people trying to help on here, if you don't like someones advice just ignore it. That being said it's apparent that you think you know what you're doing, despite a clear lack of understanding for what it takes to get from 12% bodyfat to under 9%. Take that as a warning.
Lol, no Quiksilver I'm not trying to be a prick, I just rant alot. Now let me ask you this. I don't really like eggs, what is good to eat instead of those?
You should be lifting heavy regardless of whether you're trying to drop weight or not. Always lift heavy, manipulate your diet to shed the bodyfat. YOU are not lifting heavy, you're doing dips and pushups and arguing that they're as beneficial for your physique as squats and deadlifts.
Okay check me out. What I was doing for a couple of months was all body workouts. I would do this:

Chest exercise
Tricep exercise
Shoulder exercise
Bicep exercise
Legs
Neck
Back exercise

I would do this twice a week and do about 45 minutes of HITT cardio twice a week.

Now what happened is that I went from roughly 220 lbs to a solid 200. I lost 20 pounds and I got really toned up. But in my opinion, not toned enough.

So recently, I went to doing pushups and dips along with Ab exercises combined with the 60 minute HITT. Now what I'm finding, is that the pushups and the dips are providng a better cut and definition to my upper torso then the chest exercises in the gym was doing.

What I want to do now, is strip my body down to a point where my lower abs are good and the abs are firm and overall I can see the muscles I have MORE CLEARLY and more VISIBLE.

Okay, then, then, I would do enough cardio just to keep the form (probably 30 minutes twice a week) and then spend more time hitting the weights VERY HEAVY so the muscles get bigger.

So I want to get to a point where I can clearly SEE the muscles, being lean and with a good BF percentage.

THEN, keep the physique I built up by doing the 30 min cardio HITT twice a week and keepign the diet the SAME, but, bringing back my All Body Workouts with a focus on lifting HEAVY so the muscles get bigger.

So, what do you guys think about All Body Workouts?

I will give you guys an update. I've increased my HITT cardio from 60 minutes to 70 minutes and from 1 day to 3 days over the last week. I am noticing that the results are coming in and my stomach is getting flatter. I should be at give or tack 12% to 16% BF right now, I now weigh about 193-194.

So I'm thinking, keep doing this for about 8 weeks, I should be at around 175 and the size and BF I want to be at to see my muscles and Abs greatly.

THEN, I start to hit the weights heavy as hell but maintain everything else.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Message Boy said:
Lol, no Quiksilver I'm not trying to be a prick, I just rant alot. Now let me ask you this. I don't really like eggs, what is good to eat instead of those?

Okay check me out. What I was doing for a couple of months was all body workouts. I would do this:

Chest exercise
Tricep exercise
Shoulder exercise
Bicep exercise
Legs
Neck
Back exercise

Don't like it. Looks like some random sort of thing you might of made up or got out of a magazine. Stick to tried and tested routines that get results for the masses. 5/3/1, Ripptoe, 5x5, IA's simple Power Based routine

I would do this twice a week and do about 45 minutes of HITT cardio twice a week.

Now what happened is that I went from roughly 220 lbs to a solid 200. I lost 20 pounds and I got really toned up. But in my opinion, not toned enough.

What was your bodyfat at 220lbs?

So recently, I went to doing pushups and dips along with Ab exercises combined with the 60 minute HITT. Now what I'm finding, is that the pushups and the dips are providng a better cut and definition to my upper torso then the chest exercises in the gym was doing.

No your caught in an illusion here. No exercise is giving you an actual "cut". The cuts are seen from a lower bodyfat which is a result of diet and cardio.

What I want to do now, is strip my body down to a point where my lower abs are good and the abs are firm and overall I can see the muscles I have MORE CLEARLY and more VISIBLE.

Again what was your bf at 220lbs? If losing 20lbs has you at 15% bf then you must of been carrying a lot of fat. Match that with the weightlifting plan you were previously doing and my bet is you didn't even build that much muscle in the first place. (its really hard to know without seeing a pic but this is my guess) So its very possible you won't have much muscle to strip down to.

Okay, then, then, I would do enough cardio just to keep the form (probably 30 minutes twice a week) and then spend more time hitting the weights VERY HEAVY so the muscles get bigger.

So I want to get to a point where I can clearly SEE the muscles, being lean and with a good BF percentage.

THEN, keep the physique I built up by doing the 30 min cardio HITT twice a week and keepign the diet the SAME, but, bringing back my All Body Workouts with a focus on lifting HEAVY so the muscles get bigger.

So, what do you guys think about All Body Workouts?

I will give you guys an update. I've increased my HITT cardio from 60 minutes to 70 minutes and from 1 day to 3 days over the last week. I am noticing that the results are coming in and my stomach is getting flatter. I should be at give or tack 12% to 16% BF right now, I now weigh about 193-194.

So I'm thinking, keep doing this for about 8 weeks, I should be at around 175 and the size and BF I want to be at to see my muscles and Abs greatly.

THEN, I start to hit the weights heavy as hell but maintain everything else.

From what you've typed it doesn't look like you've ever done things correctly. I think your getting way ahead of yourself thinking that your going to be stripping down to some muscular body while this was your training program

I will do Pushups with resistance bands on my back and I'll do about 10 sets.
Then I will do 10 sets of Dips.
Then I will do 3 different Ab Exercises in a SuperSet for 10 sets total.

Thats not building muscle. You don't walk around with a muscular body from that. If you try and get down to 175 you'll just look skinny with no impressive muscles.

What i recommend you do is start over. Pick one of the routines I listed above. Put a solid year into it. Build up your squat/dead/bench/MP to some good numbers.

As for diet, read everything you can on carb cycling. Like I said before search shelby starnes on google and you'll be able to read a huge amount of stuff on it. This way of eating is one of the best ways to keep your bf respectable while also being able to add muscle. (If you really want some personal help you can pm its just a lot to type out here without knowing more about you. )

in bold

Reaction score
I just wanted to update this. I just did 70 minutes of HITT tonight and I burned off 1,146 calories. I was so proud.

Effort I'll pm you some more details.

The thing is, I've been experimenting with different routines from trainers and what was "popular" and I never really got anywhere.

So I tried this and tried that, and I started seeing results from combining some things together.

Instead of doing Squats, I used to do the Leg Press Machine, where you would lay on your back and press up you know. The Squats hurt my knees.

That's another reason why I don't do the Treadmill because it hurts my knees also.

Now at 220, I really don't know what my BF was. All I know I was more buffy and bulky looking, not fat, just I looked like a football player.

My body type is mesomorph. So what happens is that if I really up the cardio I can burn fat and weight off rather easily.

Lokai

Reaction score
I'm 5'10 like you & recently lost over 20lbs in 3 months(June to Aug) because I wanted to see my abs. I was just trying to reduce my body fat & didn't know it would take off a whole 20lbs. Once I started dropping the weight it just didn't stop.

These are the key things I did.

One hour of Cardio cross trainer running backwards for an half an hour, then treadmill for half an hour. Both on weight loss settings.
This is after weight lifting for an hour. I did this 4 to 5 times a week.

My diet
Morning 4 egg whites, 2 whole egg, an apple, water
After coming to work black coffee, no sugar
lunch brown rice, half a cup of broccoli, 1 chicken breast
afternoon meal lunch brown rice, half a cup of broccoli, 1 chicken breast
an hour before going to the gym one protein drink (2 scoops)
After working out another protein drink.
After I get home another meal if I'm hungry either steak or chicken, brown rice possibly a salad or broccoli.

I cut out breads, butter, used olive oil to cook, eat brown rice instead of white rice, sweets. The little bit of cutting back helps. I also took Amino Acids, & BCAA (Not at the same time) to retain muscle.

I also walked a lot & still do, more than 4 miles a day. Forced myself to walk home from work & gym 45 minutes for about 3 miles.

Reduce the amount you're eating it might help.
Since summer is over I've starting to bulk now & added corn, bread, juice, & milk to my diet.

Once you do it also, all your clothes get really baggy.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Message Boy said:
I just wanted to update this. I just did 70 minutes of HITT tonight and I burned off 1,146 calories. I was so proud.

Effort I'll pm you some more details.

The thing is, I've been experimenting with different routines from trainers and what was "popular" and I never really got anywhere.

So I tried this and tried that, and I started seeing results from combining some things together.

Instead of doing Squats, I used to do the Leg Press Machine, where you would lay on your back and press up you know. The Squats hurt my knees.

That's another reason why I don't do the Treadmill because it hurts my knees also.

Now at 220, I really don't know what my BF was. All I know I was more buffy and bulky looking, not fat, just I looked like a football player.

My body type is mesomorph. So what happens is that if I really up the cardio I can burn fat and weight off rather easily.

Hey tried to respond to your pm but it was to big to send to you so I'd thought I just post it here. Hopefully you don't mind.

The Message Boy said:
Effort, I'm going to snap a pic with my phone and upload it in a minute.

Ok that would help a ton with shedding light on this whole thing

What I'm seeing with the increased cardio already, is that my stomach is getting flatter.

Yeah again the pic would show me your definition of flatter. All the words people use bulky, flatter, cut, toned, etc mean different things for different people so without seeing it first hand I can only be so accurate.

I really don't have a routine that's set or tried and true. I tried those and they didn't work.

The routines you tired either weren't solid routines or you did them incorrectly. The tried and tested routines work for everyone.

I sort of combined things together. Here's what got me results personally:

1.) The diet I posted.

2.) The HITT 60 minute cardio for toning, lower bf percentage

3.) The Pushups, Dips for just general muscle tone

4.) For Weights I use to grow my muscles and the exercises that gave me better results were:

> Chest Dumbbell press, I would do 75 lbs in each hand so I'm lifting a total of 150. I would do 3 sets with reps of 10 the first time, 8 the second, and 6 the last

> Tricep machine where you lift the bar above your head. Again 3 sets, 10-8-6. I would do about 100 lbs on there.

> Leg Curls for the Hamstrings, 3 sets, 10-8-6. 160 lbs.

> Leg Extensions, 3 sets, 10-8-6-, 160 lbs

> Leg Press, 3 sets, 8-6-6, 200 lbs

> Bicep superset where I would take dumbbels and do forearm curl-full bicep curl, half bicep curl. 3 sets and 10 reps each exercise. I would use the 20 lbs dumbbells.

> Back I would do the pulldown cables, I forgot the name of the machine. 10-8-6, 140 lbs

> Shoulders, dumbbells miltary press, 10-8-6, I would use the 50 or 60 lbs dumbbells for the most part

I would mix it up. I never do the same workout. I would do a mixture of exercises.

Again still no big lifts here. This looks like some sort of apartment training gym type of workout.

You recommended that I totally throw out what I'm doing and do a routine that I've tried before and didn't get results. Why do what didn't work for me?

Your misunderstanding what a tried and tested routine is. I'm assuming your thinking a tried and tested routine is something one of those cheap gym trainers gave you. I'm talking about one of the programs I posted in your thread. Now if you did try one of those programs and it "didn't work" you clearly did something wrong. So if thats the case all we would have to do is just figure out what you did wrong which would be easy, and then it would work for you.

My goal at THIS MOMENT, is to strip down and tone up.

I understand your goal. And again the picture would be necessary to determine if you can actually do this. From the info you've provided and routine you've been following, I would question if you actually built enough muscle to cut down to. If there isn't enough muscle really there you'll end up just looking really skinny and not cut in the way you think. With a pic i'll be able to tell in a second.

Dude let me tell you right now, my lower abs, are already starting to look different. They are sucking in. So the cardio that I'm doing is working.

Same theme here hard to really know what this means, everyone has a different definition

And I am pretty toned up right now. Again I will post a pic in a minute.

same situation again, tone can mean 1000 things. Look forward to seeing the pic then we can actually make some progress.
bold

Reaction score
Update:

My HITT Cardio has increased to 80 minute sessions and I have reduced my eating portions each day. On average I am still eating healthy but eating less portions and less meals.

I am now at 187 LBS when I just weighed myself with no clothes on.

The bottom portion of my stomach has shrunk in.

I'm going to keep going at this same pace until I'm at around 170-175, then I will be shortening cardio to about one hour and going into my Muscle Mass building stage.

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
The Message Boy said:
Okay well, let me back into this. I can post pics or better yet PM them to any of you guys if need be.

#1.) Goal:

I think I need to drop 30 lbs so that I get to about 170 lbs so that I can get to the goals I want to get to.

#2.) Introduction

I'm:

> 26 years old
> 5'10
> 200 lbs.
> Currently leaned and toned

When I take my shirt off right now everybody pretty much agrees that I am toned up and look very good. I have what appears to be solid muscle and it's appearing pretty good, looks nice.

However, the bottom portion of my abs are not as good as I want them despite the fact that I feel I would be ok to walk around the beach without a shirt on. The bottom portion of my abs still jiggle.

Plus while I look okay right now, I want to be really, really, defined do you know what I'm talking about?

#3.) The way I current Eat:

I eat very good, here's an example of an average day:

Meal One: Body Fortress Protein shake, motts apple juice, 1 apple

Meal Two: 2 pieces of baked chicken legs, a can of green beans, two toasted wheat, 2 16 oz. bottles of water, supplements of Vitamin World Ultra Vitamin-Omega 3-Green Tea Extract

Meal Three: 1 piece of steak, a can of corn, two toasted wheat, 2 16 oz. bottles of water, supplements of Vitamin World Ultra Vitamin-Omega 3-Green Tea Extract

Meal Four: Body Fortress Protein shake, motts apple juice, 1 apple

Meal Five: 1 piece of thigh, a can of corn, two toasted wheat, 2 16 oz. bottles of water

I spread the meals out every 3-5 hours. I sleep when I fell asleep basically but on average I get about 6-7 hours.

#4.) The way I exercise

Because I've become very busy with work and school and social stuff, I workout now on Fridays and Sundays. Here's what I've been doing:

> Friday afternoon:

Stairmaster for 1 hour straight, no breaks. I use the Interval Training on the Stairmaster where basically it goes fast then slows then goes fast again. My average speed for the entire hour averages around 55 to 60 mph which is really good for someone going one hour straight on the Stairmaster. I would burn about a total of 1,000 calories throughout that hour.

Next I'll go into our gym's Steam Room and do about 3 sessions of 15 minutes each so I'll sit in there a total of 45 minutes with 3 breaks.

Next I'll go into our gym's Sauna and do about 2 sessions of 10 minutes each so I'll sit in there a total of 20 minutes with 2 breaks.

> Sunday afternoon:

I will do Pushups with resistance bands on my back and I'll do about 10 sets.
Then I will do 10 sets of Dips.
Then I will do 3 different Ab Exercises in a SuperSet for 10 sets total.

So I think I"m eating right and exercising good. But I want to be really, really, defined and I think the only way to get there is to keep eating and exercising the way I am but I need a WAY to get from 200lbs to 170lbs without really dropping muscle you know what I mean??

Can someone please offer any type of suggestions because I have absolutely no idea what to do to get 30lbs off.

I tried Tonalin CLA and it didn't do hardly anything for me.
30 lbs is a hell of a lot of weight to lose. You say you look toned but still need to lose 30?! Sorry - that doesn't compute. If you reall are as lean as you say, then a 10-12 pound reduction may be all that is required to get rid of that lost roll on your abdomen.

Your diet looks ok - but go check out Lyle McDonalds Ultimate Diet Two. It is one step up from Body Opus (Dan Duchaine). Lyle will also show you how to train - and I would say from reading your post that you are training like a pvssy. You need to hit more iron and less girly stairmaster stuff. By the way - no way in the fvcking world can you burn 1000 calories in a hour doing cardio. I don't give a fvck what the machine says. 300-400 tops. HIIT isn't necessarily the best way to cardio IF you are trainging hard with the weights.
Form personal experience I can hit HIIT hard if I am sherking on the weights. When I am hitting the iron hard - I only have energy for the old fahsioned steady state cardio.

For inspisration go check out this kid - James Martin, or "Jamerjay" as he is known as on Youtube and Bodybuilding.com "Bodyspace" - about the same age as you, turned himself from skinny runt, into a big fat palooka, then into a cut greek-god that the chicks must just fawn over (the basterd), all from carb cycling, hitting the weights hard, and steady state cardio rather than HIIT. He is something to aim for as he is around your age, and of similar weight.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jamerjay#p/u/7/dEaTnqJOZVQ

PeeGee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Message Boy said:
Update:

My HITT Cardio has increased to 80 minute sessions and I have reduced my eating portions each day. On average I am still eating healthy but eating less portions and less meals.

I am now at 187 LBS when I just weighed myself with no clothes on.

The bottom portion of my stomach has shrunk in.

I'm going to keep going at this same pace until I'm at around 170-175, then I will be shortening cardio to about one hour and going into my Muscle Mass building stage.
Just for clarification did you say you were 220s and now 187 ? So you bulked up 20 lbs and then lost 33 lbs?

Reaction score
PeeGee says,

Just for clarification did you say you were 220s and now 187 ? So you bulked up 20 lbs and then lost 33 lbs.
No. Last year when I got back into this I was around 220. I got down to 200, actually around 195. I have increased my cardio alot and the weight is coming down. Historically with my body, when I typically do that I get the weight to come off.

But right now, idk. I don't have time to keep doing all this damn cardio.

Guys I used to take Ephedra at one time, it was in Hydroxycut. I'm seriously thinking about ordering some Ephedra directly and taking it because I dont have time to do all this cardio. Ephedra did work GOOD for me back in the day, I mean very good. But I dont' want to die from it if it's banned :confused:

The workouts are now too damn long, I'm doing HITT cardio for 70-80 minutes and steam room/sauna for 30 minutes.

I would prefer to go in and just go back to lifting weights for 30 minutes and leave.

Do you guys know of other ideas to strip weight down without alot of HITT??

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah.

Do HIIT properly for 15 minutes and you should be on the ground unable to summon the strength to think rationally.

Good cardio regime:

45-60 minutes of low intensity incline walking : 4-5/week in the morning.

15 minutes of moderate intensity cardio : 3/week post-workout.

15 minutes of HIIT : 1-2/week on off-days.

-

I don't have time to keep doing all this damn cardio.
Poor excuse, 3-5 hours a week of cardio is not a lot to ask. I don't know one person--unless they're working 16 hour days and raising a family--who 'doesn't have the time'.

Reaction score
I'm trying, is there any other ways out there to strip down weight without all the cardio?

I am pulling alot of hours now.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3h cardio per week + 3h weight training per week + healthy high-protein diet + consistency = good body fat % and good musculature.

It really is that easy. Take each element and figure out how to adapt it to your life, and keep at it for as long as it takes...

You know the basics, it's all just rehashing here.

"Ultimately we all know what to do; the hard part is doing it."

good luck

Reaction score
:mad: I'm ****ing pissed because I went to the doctor today for a physical and they weighed me and I was about 194!

My scale sucks, its one of those where you step on it, it goes around to the number, I guess the way my floor is leveled it's manipulating it.

I'm buying a digital scale tomorrow.

The cardio is stripping me down, but I still need to get to my damn goal and when I do all those long HITT cardio sessions, I feel DRAINED afterwards and I would still have one million things to do.

Reaction score
Just wanted to upate this.

Okay, I am weighing about the same but it seems as though my muscles are becoming more noticable. I'm kicking up the cardio to 90 mins, HITT. I do the Stairmaster for 1 hour then the Lifecycle for 30 minutes. Interval training, 50-65 mph on the Stairmaster.

You can see the eating plan above, it's still the same.

My abs are getting flatter but "weight" wise I don't seem to be getting lower in the weight, I just THINK that I need to get down 20 lbs to get where I really need to be.

I'm weighing about 192-193 right now (got a good scale to see officially). So I'm not losing that much weight here but I do notice the muscle visibility is getting better so I guess the BF percentage is going down.

Any idea besides the way I'm eating above and ALL the damn cardio on how I can get to 175? I think that's the magic weight (keeping the eating the same) to where I can SEE all my damn muscles fully. But I need to take off 20 damn pounds though.

Here's the supplements I'm taking, I'm doing a good Protein Shake, Omega 3, Vitamins, Green Tea, and Multi Vegetable Pack

Vitamins:

http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/file.asp?xs=A4CFBF40811C4E198B8B4675D5E22BEA&PID=484&CID=34&CPID=2

Omega 3's:

http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/f...846059FC945E76A68F33F&PID=396&CID=17&CPID=658

Vegetable Multi:

http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/f...945E76A68F33F&searchterm=10 vegetable&rdcnt=1

Green Tea:

http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/f...6059FC945E76A68F33F&PID=746&CID=707&CPID=1811

Protein Shake:

http://www.bodyfortress.com/pages/productDetail.aspx?PPID=10