Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

need help on buying a car

dmatter

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are two different cars that i know i would want to buy each with different pros and cons. One being the 00 chevrolet camaro z28 or ss version and the other one being the acura rsx type s.

Pros of Chevrolet Camaro 98 to 2002
FAST 310 horsepower.
cool t top roofs
affordable (ive seen some for about 7 to 10 thousand)
american muscle
i would prob pay all of it at once being mine.

Cons
gas consuming
steering isnt really too comfortable
some visual issues

Pros of Acura type s 2005 to 2006
200 horsepower.
4 banger (gas saver)
i can probably get it soon if i finance it
stickshift :)
good steering

cons
less horsepower
more expensive
wouldnt be completley mine because its being financed

I would try to be the rsx cash but theres no way id be able to save up 18 gs in a while. any advice on finance?

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
To be honest I wouldn't recommend either one. Not the camaro for the cons you mentioned plus because it's too old and owners usually abuse and hot rod them. Plus they are somewhat hard to work on.

Not the rsx either because hondas are way over-priced and they're not any more durable, if as durable, than GM cars I don't care what any one says. At $18,000 you could probably cut a deal on a new Chevy Cobalt SS with a lower interest rate. If you're going to go with used, I would look for a later model domestic front-wheel drive, something you can buy out right.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buying a car is an emotional decision as much as it is a pragmatic one. I wanted an Audi A4, still wouldn't mind one, but have passed on it for now. Pragmatically, I know they have a lot of mechanical issues as do all volkswagens and I'm sure I could find something much more reliable for the money, but it's hard to put a value on the way the car makes you feel when you get in it. Like that one Cadillac commercial says, "when you turn on the car, does it return the favor?" How do you calculate the value of that?

partyforlife

Don Juan
Reaction score
personally i would buy a 350z...their engine (vq35de) is on of the best engines to ever be produced.

brewbaron

Don Juan
Reaction score
a major con of the camaro is it won't hold its value. not to mention its build quality is sub-par and reliability is an issue. but I admit I'm a little biased.

I'd definitely go with the rsx, but why only the 05-06 model years. because there was minor change for those years? personally I'd buy an older one, and switch out the new bumper/headlights/tailights if it really bothered me.

also: to partforlife. saying the vq35de is one of the best engines ever produced is a little naive. for a v6 yeah its impressive, but how about inline 6s like the rb26 or 2jz.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got an 04 Impreza. Its a blast to drive in the winter, on rain & gravel. Symmetrical AWD, and a Boxer 4-banger engine.

It gets as good gas mileage as I feel like.
Good driving 7.5L/100km. Rough driving 12L/100km.

Also really reliable. And durable. Last week I messed up my fender and the left wheel well. I hit a concrete support. I was driving on basically 3 wheels (left steering was completely messed up) for ~150km to get back home.

Japanese cars have come a long way. And they are tunable should you want more power.

I'd forget about the Camaro. Especially with gas prices. Yes they're lower now. But that is only temporary. Also, insurance will cost more.

partyforlife

Don Juan
Reaction score
rb26 and 2jz's are very good engines, but remember the vq is N/A stock and still produces 300hp

in my opinion i would buy a 240sx and swap in a LSx....but i figured no one knew about tha lol

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, if you live in anywhere where it snows, forget the Camaro. No point in having a car that you can't drive three to five months out of the year.

brewbaron

Don Juan
Reaction score
partyforlife said:
in my opinion i would buy a 240sx and swap in a LSx....but i figured no one knew about tha lol
haha nice. I dunno if I could stomach putting a domestic engine in a japanese car. but it'd be a sick ride, no doubt

emelec

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah i have been having the same problems on buying a car. I thought about a manual super charged chevrolet cobalt ss. now i just wanted to know how financing works like how much do i need to make, how long do i have to have credit for if i have to put any money down. maybe a website?

partyforlife

Don Juan
Reaction score
brewbaron said:
haha nice. I dunno if I could stomach putting a domestic engine in a japanese car. but it'd be a sick ride, no doubt
hey man, a 240sx is one of the most equally balanced, lightweight car that will hold an american engine without huge modification to the engine bay ;P

im into all sorts of swaps and mixes.

but out of those two i would go with the RSX, just because of gas prices. My friend had a type-s and it was fast enough lol