Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

need help from a persuasive person with possibly some retail experience.

emelec

Don Juan
Reaction score
i got a seasonal job and tommorow they are going to put me at the register. the cashier has to ask the customer three things. one is if they would like to sign up for a credit card and save 10%. another is to purchas a buyer protection plan and the last thing is if they would like to donate to the poor for christmas.

i wanted to know whats i can say to persuade the customers into saying yes to all these things or at least having a good chance of them saying yes to any of them. i have to persuade the customer and do all of this in a fast efficient manner. soo

any one that could help would be greatly appreciated.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you work at Best Buy? I just got a seasonal job there as a cashier, it the was the only open position.

Just ask like you have to but don't try to get the customer to say yes. If you are too pushy you run the risk of loosing the customer. Then that person can tell their friends and family how much they hate the store then you've just lost even more customers.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tie the credit thing in with other promotions they have going on. Such as, if they have 20% of an item, let the customer know they will save even more with their credit card.

The buyer protection plan can be great, depending what you are selling.

"Hello ma'am, doing some shopping for the holidays or did you decide that you needed something too? Holiday shopping? That's great. How about signing up for our buyer protection so they can enjoy their gifts a bit longer. That way, you don't have them bugging you when they break something you put so much thought into."

Now, for the poor...

"Look *****, stop being greedy!"

No, really? How about "I know you don't want to be like Scrooge, do you?"

Seriously though, just say something like "Would you like to donate a few dollars to help others during Christmas? I promise, we won't ring any bells to get your attention." With the holidays, most people will donate, since it's only a few dollars and will make them feel good.

Now give me some of your check as commission.

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I always hated asking this BS to customers...it just makes the lines move even slower!!!