Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need advice picking major...

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm currently in my freshman year in college, enrolled as a mechanical engineer major. I'm having my doubts about continuing this next year, though, because it just doesn't seem like its for me. I'm good at math, but I'm horrible at physics and I just don't think I have that real desire to succeed in this career. Building rockets and cars and stuff just doesn't really interest me. I want to do something with my life that I actually find at least a little interesting, but I'm unsure of what I should pursue.

Or maybe I just need to quit complaining about my major, suck it up, and stick with engineering. I'm a little confused right now, and I'm just trying to get advice from as many people as I can, including conselors. Do you guys have any advice?

Ripper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do what you love and love what you do. Sounds to me like you have serious reservations about doing this degree. Is there something else that you really enjoy that you could do regardless of societal perceptions or earning value?

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you thought about economics? Math geniuses run the economy.

And you should do something that more than just interests you. You should develop a passion for it. Because think about it this way. Whatever you decide to do after college, you will most likely end up doing that for the rest of your life. Can you seriously get up every single morning and do the thing that, in your words, "at least interests you a little bit"?

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go undecided for a semester. Not knowing what you want to do your first few years of college is not a bad thing at all. At least you're getting yourself into the college system which is a very good way to get coached in understanding higher levels of socialization. Going undecided keeps your mind open to more possibilities for longer if you still pay attention and take your core classes some what seriously. Also concider that the vast majority of people who go to college work in a field different from their field of study. It's not so much the major but the passion in the person learning and growing on that stage that accounts for the clearly greater sucess.

Reaction score
Do accounting or computer engineering.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You dont have to declare a major until your jr year. Take a variety of classes and do your own research regarding what youre interested in.