Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

need advice on dealing with girlfriends past

cochise

Reaction score
Hello all, as you can tell by my posts I am new to this board. I came across it while surfing trying to find some advice………….Anyways, I thought I would post here. I see there is a lot of posts here in regards to accepting a girlfriends past, but I am having difficulty doing it and wanted to give a rundown of my situation to see if anyone here has advice or comments……….So here it goes……

I am 36 years old, I was married quite young (20), I was basically happy throughout my marriage, until a few years back and we ended up separating. I have been single for about 4 years now and started dating a girl about 8 months ago. She is a fantastic girl, lots of fun to be around and our sex life is beyond amazing. But…………….

I always knew we were raised differently, I mean I am from a small town and have lived there most of my life, she is from a very big city and has only moved here 9 years ago. I knew from stories she has told me that she definitely lead a different lifestyle than I did, out clubbing every weekend and stuff like that. Anyways we had the inevitable past relationship talk. She is 40 years old and has never had a real serious relationship, always out partying with friends when she was in her mid to late 20’s. She used to be in the whole club scene and for a year or so got into doing ecstasy among other things, practically every other weekend.

Anyways she finally told me that she had slept with 20-25 guys maximum (which I do believe her when she tells me). The number I can kind of deal with, but my problem is the fact that most were within a 2 year period or so and all mostly one night (or one weekend) stands with guys she met while out with friends. She ended up in a semi-serious relationship when she was about 29 and became pregnant. After she had her baby, 9 years ago, she completely changed her life and just lives for her daughter and is a fantastic mother. Since her daughter was born she pretty much gave up dating and has not done any type of drugs for over 10 years now. Over the past 10 years she has only dated 3 other guys before me, two were just blind date set ups which didn’t work out and she never slept with them, and one which she did start to see and slept with. That relationship was off and on for about a year or so and ended about 3 months before she met me.

I know her past shouldn’t bother me, but it is driving me insane. She is almost 40 and has been with 20-25 guys in her life. I have been only the second guy she has slept with within the past 10 years, but yet her past is always on my mind. Whenever we are out and I have had a few drinks I start thinking about what she might be doing if I wasn’t there , “would she try to pick up that guy”, “would she go home with that guy?”, “she is starring at that guy”, all this stupid stuff.

I have talked to her about it and she knows it bother me a lot, but she just keeps telling me “it was just sex, I have never felt what I feel now with you”.

Am I nuts, should I just accept it and move on? I am not naïve, I am not looking for or expecting to meet a virgin or anything at my age, I would fully expect that at 39 she would have been with 10, 15, or even 20 guys. But what bothers me is the fact that 80% of the guys she slept with were one night (or one weekend) stands all within a 2 year period…………….I keep thinking while she was out having not even thinking about the future I was married, went to school, got a good job. Now I am the one taking care of a girl that some guys look at as a club slvt………..

I should point out, that including her I have slept with 6 women. But remember that I was married when I was 20 and with one woman for over 13 years in total.

She is a great girl and I don’t want to lose her, but I know if I don’t come to grips with this and get over it I will lose her.

speedo_meme

Banned
Reaction score
First of all, go get checked out at the health department. Second of all, apply the rule of three. Third, don't be naive and trust what she's telling you. She obviously knows it bothers you and she's holding everything back. You honestly believe she DIDN'T sleep with those guys she went out with before you? Dude, no offense, once a sl*t always a sl*t. Out of curiousity, how long did it take you to hit it?

If you're in a different town where she hasn't slept with so many people then I'd probably be ok with it. But I wouldn't be a chump and keep a ho around if, everywhere you go, you're running into somebody she fukked. It really comes down to how much YOU are willing to live with.

As Chris Rock would say,"Just be glad you're hittin it now." Enjoy the sex for as long as you want. If she really is reformed, then give her a chance,

BUT....

those guys whole did rail her ass will always see her as a club sl*t, remember that....

P.S. She said she'd been with "20-25" guys? LOL she doesn't even know, so how could she even pretend to not be a sl*t? Sorry man, just trying to give it to you straight...

cochise

Reaction score
Originally posted by speedo_meme
First of all, go get checked out at the health department. Second of all, apply the rule of three. Third, don't be naive and trust what she's telling you. She obviously knows it bothers you and she's holding everything back. You honestly believe she DIDN'T sleep with those guys she went out with before you? Dude, no offense, once a sl*t always a sl*t. Out of curiousity, how long did it take you to hit it?

If you're in a different town where she hasn't slept with so many people then I'd probably be ok with it. But I wouldn't be a chump and keep a ho around if, everywhere you go, you're running into somebody she fukked. It really comes down to how much YOU are willing to live with.

As Chris Rock would say,"Just be glad you're hittin it now." Enjoy the sex for as long as you want. If she really is reformed, then give her a chance,

BUT....

those guys whole did rail her ass will always see her as a club sl*t, remember that....

P.S. She said she'd been with "20-25" guys? LOL she doesn't even know, so how could she even pretend to not be a sl*t? Sorry man, just trying to give it to you straight...

I do believe her because she was always completely open to me, long before she knew that it bothered me. She did tell me an exact number, she said 19, I just put 20-25 as the number in my post.

I know the whole rule of 3, but I do beleive she is telling me the truth. As far as not sleeping with the other two guys she dated after she had her daughter, I do beleive that also, I don't see why she would have told me about all the previous guys and then lied about 2 guys, it doesn;t make sense?

As far as how long it took for her to sleep with me, it was our 4th date...................

Kaptain

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think your nuts Cochise.

It seems you are looking (hard) for something bad. Just enjoy your lady.

speedo_meme

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah dude, you deserve better than this chick...

You've gotten one itis...DON'T SETTLE, MAN....

Enjoy her company and perfect your sex skills with her, but don't treat her like a queen, ditch her when something better comes, believe me, she's used to it...

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by cochise
She is 40 years old and has never had a real serious relationship
HUGE red flag.

always out partying with friends when she was in her mid to late 20’s. She used to be in the whole club scene and for a year or so got into doing ecstasy among other things, practically every other weekend.
Another red flag.

But what bothers me is the fact that 80% of the guys she slept with were one night (or one weekend) stands all within a 2 year period.
I hope you don't believe this.

She is a great girl and I don’t want to lose her, but I know if I don’t come to grips with this and get over it I will lose her.
Homie, I'm a straight shooter. I'm telling you that you don't have enough experience with these types of girls in order to accurately assess the situation. I know these types of girls. They're not keepers. Moreover, she's got baggage in the form of an illegitimate child.

Don't you think you deserve a little better? Date, Date, Date. Meet all the types of girls out there. Then, find the kind you like.

She's dated the entire male population and knows that you are inexperienced. You don't see right through her like the other guys. You're perfect for her in her eyes. You're the guy who she can probably manipulate into marriage.

Please, do not get too serious with this girl.

Eric

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the problem here?

Is the problem the fact that she slept with these guys?

Or is the problem that you never had the oportunity to do the same amount of women?

I wonder, if you spent your 20's fvcking a sh#t load of women every weekend, if you'd feel as inadequate?

I think it's more of a problem to do with you than to do with what she has done......

Let's review.

15 yrs ago, she partied a lot and ended up fvcking a lot of guys.

The past 10 yrs she's had 3 dates - and may, may not have fvcked these 3 guys.

seems to me your spending a hell of a lot of time thinking about the past and not enjoying the present.

she's 40 now - and your womdering what she would do if you were not there? probably look for a new BF would be my guess.

You say nothing of how she is now - how she treats you, what she does for you - how she interacts with you.

The bottom line is, if this chick had only slept with 10 guys, you'd have an issue with it.

the question you need to ask yourself is, Given you knowledge about her past, can you go on with this relationship without havign it influence you? - I say you can't.

a little story.

In my youth I didn't date a lot - actually didn't date at all. My only luck with girls came few and far between - but occasionally I'd get a make out session - but never banged a girl.

I finally - and at the time I didn't know why - meet a chick who was fantastic. I mean I could never have dreamt I'd ever be with such a hot chick. She was fantastic - great personality. All was well - and I was enjoying banging the hell out of her - until I found out about her past. She'd slept with 12 guys - there or there abouts (I no longer remember the #) - here was I, with a banging hot chick - that treated me like a king - and I was fvcking it all up. I couldn't get over it, and never did. Well the rest is history and we seperated. since then, I've banged a lot of chicks - the difference now is, when I meet a girl her history no longer bothers me - why? because there's nothing that I have not done or regret.

MightyMate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check if You aint sick..
And usually You shouldnt care for the past. But her past is from beeing OLD - 29. Thats not 'chilidsh stupidness'.
2 years for 25 guys is alot in this age. Shes slutty. And once become slut she wont quit. Better next her.

cochise

Reaction score
Originally posted by NewMan

Or is the problem that you never had the oportunity to do the same amount of women?

I wonder, if you spent your 20's fvcking a sh#t load of women every weekend, if you'd feel as inadequate?

I think it's more of a problem to do with you than to do with what she has done......

Let's review.

seems to me your spending a hell of a lot of time thinking about the past and not enjoying the present.

she's 40 now - and your womdering what she would do if you were not there? probably look for a new BF would be my guess.

You say nothing of how she is now - how she treats you, what she does for you - how she interacts with you.

The bottom line is, if this chick had only slept with 10 guys, you'd have an issue with it.

the question you need to ask yourself is, Given you knowledge about her past, can you go on with this relationship without havign it influence you? - I say you can't.

a little story.

In my youth I didn't date a lot - actually didn't date at all. My only luck with girls came few and far between - but occasionally I'd get a make out session - but never banged a girl.

I finally - and at the time I didn't know why - meet a chick who was fantastic. I mean I could never have dreamt I'd ever be with such a hot chick. She was fantastic - great personality. All was well - and I was enjoying banging the hell out of her - until I found out about her past. She'd slept with 12 guys - there or there abouts (I no longer remember the #) - here was I, with a banging hot chick - that treated me like a king - and I was fvcking it all up. I couldn't get over it, and never did. Well the rest is history and we seperated. since then, I've banged a lot of chicks - the difference now is, when I meet a girl her history no longer bothers me - why? because there's nothing that I have not done or regret.

Maybe you hit the nail on the head. Maybe I am not sure if it bothers me or if deep deep down its jealousy.

The girl treats my like a total king and continually tells me how much she loves me and never in her life has felt this way.

I have to be completely honest, she has a problem with me being married at one time. She thinks love only comes once in a lifetime and that has already happened to me and not for her.

I don't know, I am completely confused and am just looking for any advice.....

cochise

Reaction score
Originally posted by NewMan

Let's review.

Who knows, maybe you hit the nail on the head. Maybe I am not sure if it bothers me or if deep deep down its jealousy.

The girl treats my like a total king and continually tells me how much she loves me and never in her life has felt this way. I have to be completely honest, she has a problem with me being married at one time. She thinks love only comes once in a lifetime and that has already happened to me and not for her.

I don't know, I am completely confused, I'm just looking for any advice...........

Viking25

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cochise...ask yourself what do you want with her? It sounds to me that you want a realtionship with this woman,leading to marriage.
Now ask yourself this question: Do you deserve to be happy with your wife? Do you deserve the best woman ever or someone you have huge doubts about and whos past bothers you this much?
Do you know how hard for 30+ women to find a realtionship? You are the prize!!!
So stop being Captain Save a h0! Find someone who trully makes you happy with out any doubts. Considering the age group you are in,and your good looks...it should not be a problem.
Dump the slvt with a kid! It's your life and you deserve the best!

djjoe

Don Juan
Reaction score
man, just think about it....

you are 36....
(that is one of the best ages you`ll ever be)

i think you shouldn`t settle for any woman older than 25...

get a younger one, you won`t regret it....

all the best, joey

oobm

Don Juan
Reaction score
She has a kid and a bad past. Forget her man. You can do better. Her past definitely bothers you. When you 2 do get into a big argument later on in your relationship, you will always think about her past. Hell you are thinking about it now... "IF i wasn't there, is she staring at that guy, etc..."

You should get a girl where you don't have these thoughts. You are definitely not a peace with yourself and that is definitely important.

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the past

cochise,

Don't let it get serious....Just date her.

Remember:

25 +/- guys 'rode' her pvssy then dumped her.

Just ride it and when you get bored (with her) move on.

cave dweller

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
also

cochise,

Also,

I am seeing one, right now, as a fvck buddy.

She has also been with a lot of men.

When it goes flat I will dump her @ss and move on.

cave dweller

captn caveman

Don Juan
Reaction score
F.ucking nuts

Are these guys here ****ing nuts???

Do you expect a woman to be a virgin by forty...

no kid by forty???

Man I would run on my heels and not look back in that case...

cochise, I am younger than you are. And I have been where you are.

and I have lost the only woman in my life who I ever loved. Because I could not handle her past, because of the implications on me.

It's her past, man. HER PAST. It's HERS.

You only have her present, and if you want, future.

I know, if you start making issues, there is no turning back. you will enter a loop. It's hard to exit that. I could not. still can not.

And I banged my lot of chicks in my past. So am not like most guys over here who cant handle a woman who takes what she wants without having to live up these su-ckers' standards.

Look at the woman, do you love her?

Look at yourself, do you love yourself.

and act accordingly.

One thing, a DJ does not label a woman as a slut.

does not need to.

Slvt labelling comes from the fact that you have unsolved issues with women, means "she ****s everyman but me" so she is a slvt...

I think new man has hit the point here.