Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

need a shirt fashion tip

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok, i'm a tall guy (6'2),on a skinny side,broad shoulders,with long arms and legs. I always had trouble deciding what t-shirt(and shirt) length i should wear and how long the sleeves should be(for a t-shirt).

I know its hard to say based on a description alone, but basically i'm asking if t-shirt sleeves should reach the elbows and by how much should it overlap the jeans at the waist?

Reaction score
The solution to your woes is to go shirtless!:rolleyes:

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless you are as hairy as a gorilla!

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aight, tomorrow i'm going shirtless to my psychology class.

and from there straight to a psychiatric ward.

djjoe

Don Juan
Reaction score

DraGon_luv

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok

hey its easy man

try as long as the shirt bottom is at the wait line its good, any higher it would be gay,, a little lower then the belt is cool 2,

sleeve lenth should cover ahlf your bicep that way you get 2 show of the other half,

hoped i help later man

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: ok

Originally posted by DraGon_luv
hey its easy man

try as long as the shirt bottom is at the wait line its good, any higher it would be gay,, a little lower then the belt is cool 2,

sleeve lenth should cover ahlf your bicep that way you get 2 show of the other half,

hoped i help later man
I'm in partial agreement with this statement. I'm pretty much the same body type as the two of you so I feel I can participate based on experience

If the shirt line is to the waist (usually a large) the sleeve should go half way down your bicep, to show off the rest. A good large shirt should fit to your body well and bring out your body profile.

If you have a shirt that goes below the waist (usually an XL or something), you should have a sleeve that goes down to your elbowjoint or maybe just short of it. Usually larger shirts like this won't accent your profile so you want to be congruent with the whole appearence and have everything about it be long. This is true with long sleeve t-shirts too. I bought a few L longsleeve tshirts and they just don't fit the same way an XL long sleeve does. Usually the arms turn up short cause your arms are too big.

Last edited:

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, here's my opinion (from over 4 years in retail)... T-shirts that go down to your elbow? What are you, in a cult or something? Good god, you shouldn't ever wear anything that outrageous unless it's halloween or you're trying to make a political statement. Here's what you should do. Go to any store in the mall and try on T-shirts until you find one that fits you. It should come to right around the beltline or a bit below it, as someone else stated, but the sleeves shouldn't come but a few inches down your arm. Oh, about the stores - while I like A&F, I wouldn't recommend you check out their T's unless you already know how to wear one. The sleeves on theirs are a little TOO short, due to their "muscle tee fit".

Oh yeah, and to find out what shirt shirt size you are (not T-shirt), go to a department store and have one of the clerks in the men's section take your measurements with the stuff they have there for it. Their job is to get you into a shirt that fits you correctly; whether you buy it is your choice... but at least you'll know what size you are from now on out.

Moved to Anything Else...

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
T-shirts that go down to your elbow?
lol i dont know where you got that from, but the person was probably talking about sleeve length.

though, thanks for the tips all.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oops.. meant to say 'T-shirt sleeves'. :p Still, I can't help but think that would look pretty goofy if a guy had them all the way to his elbows.

Q-Pid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tight makes might. Women aren't attracted to male fashion - they dig the male body. Who cares if you're skinny? Shake Wiggle Wiggle.