Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need a good Boxing workout exercise

BlackDragon

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok I just brought a 70lb heavy bag and 16oz gloves. Im ready to start hitting the bag real soon to get my money's worth. Anyone know a good workout plan I could do so I could start to lose this weight :)
If I follow that eating guide on the Cutting post and do some cardio exercise like boxing, jumping rope, and running, how long do you think it will take for me to lose 30 pounds. Right now I weight 205.

DJ Jeff

Don Juan
Reaction score
Shadow boxing: (punching in the air)

3 min Jab
3 min Cross
3 min Uppercut

Rest 1 min

3 min hook
6 min various combos

Rest 1 min

9 min various combos

All the while, make sure you are practicing footwork to.

For the heavy bag workout do 5, 5 minute rounds, all out, combinations.

If you have never boxed before, take some lessons to learn how to punch right to avoid injury.

Now for the other stuff:

work your self up to 500 crunches a day, 100 pushups in 80 seconds, and 3 sets 60 reps doing pullovers, with a 35 lb dumbell. This will build your endurance, and get you cut, and fit. When working yourself up to this level, do it slowly, start with only 60 crunches a day, 40 pushups, and 3 sets of 30 with the pullovers.

And yeah, don't forget about running, and skipping rope.

This will hopefully get you started.

and before you start your workout, warm up!!!!!! I cannot stress this enough.

DJLiquid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeap...follow DJ Jeff's advice...also lose the gloves...they are heavy and will make you tired alot quicker...I do however recommend gettting some wrist wraps....make sure you put them on tight...after hitting the bag for the first time your wrists will probably be a little sore...don't worry this is normal....do some knuckle pushups...to strengthen your wrists....after a few weeks...they shouldn't hurt at all....

-DJLiquid

BlackDragon

Don Juan
Reaction score
so it is safe to not use the gloves? I dont want hurt my hands or anything. In that case, I can get my money back I hope :)
Thanks Jeff, sounds like a pretty good work out except the push up part. Dont think I can do that many in a short time. Doing this workout 3 times a week is ok right?

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to start off with gloves untill you start hitting the bag right. 3 times a week is fine.

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ehh, Tae Bo?

I had a couple videos when I was younger and I think they were great.

HeyPretty

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tae bo is shyte.

If you want to learn some combos and punches, try taking a few classes at a boxing gym or kickboxing dojo. You can learn some moves, then practice at home. The atmosphere is really good at those places- high energy, and people don't f-around- they're there to box and workout.

For doing it on your own, take DJ Jeff's advice.

And don't forget to stretch out *all* your muscles before and after boxing. It'll kill your sides, back and arms if you don't.

BlackDragon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can really get used to this work out. Only thing about it is that when Im done, Im done. I am so freaking tired for a few hours :)

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just go as hard as you can for a minute or two and then take a rest. Then go hard again for another minute or two and then take a rest. Go until you feel fatigued.

DJ Jeff

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BlackDragon
I can really get used to this work out. Only thing about it is that when Im done, Im done. I am so freaking tired for a few hours :)
That's a GOOD sing. your working yourself. awesome.