Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Nearing 30 and still live at home

2crudedudes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 27 years old and I still live at home. I didn't come back home, I just never left. How common is this and/or how big of a turn off is it?

My financial situation doesn't really permit me to move out at this point in time, is this likely to hinder my DJing? So far girls I've met haven't been to picky about this, but I would like to greatly expand my CSI and wanna know realistically if this is even possible.

Thanks guys! (and gals)

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2crudedudes said:
I'm 27 years old and I still live at home. I didn't come back home, I just never left. How common is this and/or how big of a turn off is it?

My financial situation doesn't really permit me to move out at this point in time, is this likely to hinder my DJing? So far girls I've met haven't been to picky about this, but I would like to greatly expand my CSI and wanna know realistically if this is even possible.

Thanks guys! (and gals)
Don't worry about whether you live at home or not. Don't worry about how others will perceive it.

The key is your financial earning power. Are you making good coin? What are your future prospects?

If you are just finishing up law school but living at home, who cares.

2crudedudes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wasabi_Master said:
why didnt you move out? finance issues? get a roomie
Couple of reasons. I'm Mexican, and generally speaking, we don't move out of our parents' house unless you're getting married. I guess its a cultural thing. I never really saw this as an issue because I've always been an AFC, so it never really mattered. But now that I'm trying to change that, I'm realizing this is a problem. Which brings me to my second reason: money. Pretty much up to when I was 24, I'd never really held a full time job (I was working and going to school part-time). This all changed when my father died 2 years ago, and I stopped going to school to work full time.

The reason I'm working full time is to help my mom pay the mortgage that my dad's life insurance unfortunately did not cover (San Diego home market boom, etc made prices absurdly high).

Now, I don't just wanna jump ship and leave my mom behind, but I'm nearing 30 and don't want that to become an excuse for me never leaving the nest.

edit:

Trader said:
Don't worry about whether you live at home or not. Don't worry about how others will perceive it.

The key is your financial earning power. Are you making good coin? What are your future prospects?

If you are just finishing up law school but living at home, who cares.
Actually, no. I'm stuck in terms of what to do with my life. My job is insufficient (it pays the bills, but that's about it) and I need a drastic improvement in my life, from head to toe. I want to go back to school, but I'm not even sure what I want to do or how to do it.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is normal outside of USA/Canada/UK. Most Italians, Russian, Ukraines, etc. men take mommy with them even once they are married. In Anglophile cultures mothers are pretty selfish and lazy if you ask me. You are lucky if you have a special bond with your mother. A good mother offers you the support and love that nobody else will.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How sexually experienced are you? Are you still a virgin?

That can make a huge difference in my answer...

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Couple of reasons. I'm Mexican, and generally speaking, we don't move out of our parents' house unless you're getting married. I guess its a cultural thing. I never really saw this as an issue because I've always been an AFC, so it never really mattered. But now that I'm trying to change that, I'm realizing this is a problem. Which brings me to my second reason: money. Pretty much up to when I was 24, I'd never really held a full time job (I was working and going to school part-time). This all changed when my father died 2 years ago, and I stopped going to school to work full time.

The reason I'm working full time is to help my mom pay the mortgage that my dad's life insurance unfortunately did not cover (San Diego home market boom, etc made prices absurdly high).

Now, I don't just wanna jump ship and leave my mom behind, but I'm nearing 30 and don't want that to become an excuse for me never leaving the nest.
Dude are you kidding me? Just tell this to a girl you bring home and you'll get insane points for it.

Actually, no. I'm stuck in terms of what to do with my life. My job is insufficient (it pays the bills, but that's about it) and I need a drastic improvement in my life, from head to toe. I want to go back to school, but I'm not even sure what I want to do or how to do it.
If that's the case then you have to figure that out. You'll probably end up back in school. I'd suggest going for an associates or some kind of technical degree, as those take less time and are usually more conducive to someone that is working a lot as you are. I think you should take some time off picking up girls and put yourself 100% into work/school until you get a better job.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From this:

To this:

I really wish I could live on my own, but unfortunately working full-time only pays me enough to help my mom pay the mortgage that my dad's life insurance unfortunately did not cover, and as such, I can't pay for that AND a separate rent.

Don't say that the reason you work full-time is just for that reason. It'll just make it sound like you'd rather have a part-time instead and just bum around.

ALPHAROMEO

Banned
Reaction score
How To Become A P U A

get ur butt out of the ****ing house
stop a hot ***** and say
wher s the station
you got a country accent are u here to sell butter,
is there a STARBUCKS at the station
do they serve croissants there or english donuts is there a difference
i ve heard some guy died died of food poisoning at STARB the other is the food safe there

are you a typical US gal ? i thhought all thee US GIRLS WERE WEARING BASEBALL CAPS

learn the above verbatiom by heart
if you feel there s a good rapport between u and the ***** get her digits but only if the convo is goin good

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alpha, you're one of the more eccentric posters I've come across in awhile. What's your deal, man? Are you for real? Are you trying to sell something?

He just asked about his living situation and you're telling him to memorize a script about food being available about a bus station. What gives?

ALPHAROMEO

Banned
Reaction score
how about reading palms takes 20 minutes
you put a pin on ur jumper that says "FREE I READ PALMS FOR FREE
and let the hot pussies come to you u don t make much of an effort and you end up screwing them and licking their ass !! not a bad deal for a 20 minute lesson
no part time jobs but full time *******s instead !! not a bad deal indeed

of course don t tell ur MEXICAN mom ABOUT IT She d swallow the cross she got hanging around her neck she might even swallow it

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:crazy: Now's one of the times I wish there was a SoSuave chat.

Btw, do you seriously lick the asses of chicks that you picked up at a bus station? Maybe things are a tad difference in France, but here we got this nasty thing called "anal warts."

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you considered looking for a different job? Most people go to school via family money or student loans. If you're determined to go back to school, I would do it now so you get the most return out of your investment that way. If you wait too long, you won't work enough years to really make the money back you spent on the degree and loss of wages. Another option might be finding a job that offers tuition reimbursement.

I have no idea how women react to living at home. I moved out pronto and never looked back.

2crudedudes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BigJimbo said:
That is normal outside of USA/Canada/UK. Most Italians, Russian, Ukraines, etc. men take mommy with them even once they are married. In Anglophile cultures mothers are pretty selfish and lazy if you ask me. You are lucky if you have a special bond with your mother. A good mother offers you the support and love that nobody else will.
I always wondered if this was only a Mexican thing. I guess not.

tsmith2334 said:
How sexually experienced are you? Are you still a virgin?

That can make a huge difference in my answer...
No, I've been in 2 long term relationships since I lost my virginity at 18, so I've only been with those 2 girls. I've messed around with a few more, but nothing beyond oral.

JLay87 said:
Dude are you kidding me? Just tell this to a girl you bring home and you'll get insane points for it.
So you mean use that as a justification for my being at home? I think I can pull that off.

JLay87 said:
If that's the case then you have to figure that out. You'll probably end up back in school. I'd suggest going for an associates or some kind of technical degree, as those take less time and are usually more conducive to someone that is working a lot as you are. I think you should take some time off picking up girls and put yourself 100% into work/school until you get a better job.
Yeah, its probably best if I get my sh*t straightened out.

Kailex said:
From this:

To this:

I really wish I could live on my own, but unfortunately working full-time only pays me enough to help my mom pay the mortgage that my dad's life insurance unfortunately did not cover, and as such, I can't pay for that AND a separate rent.

Don't say that the reason you work full-time is just for that reason. It'll just make it sound like you'd rather have a part-time instead and just bum around.
Okay, that makes a lot of sense. I still need to focus on being more positive about myself.

Alpharomeo: I'm not sure what you're trying to get at...

everywomanshero said:
Have you considered looking for a different job? Most people go to school via family money or student loans. If you're determined to go back to school, I would do it now so you get the most return out of your investment that way. If you wait too long, you won't work enough years to really make the money back you spent on the degree and loss of wages. Another option might be finding a job that offers tuition reimbursement.

I have no idea how women react to living at home. I moved out pronto and never looked back.

I have considered it, but I'm not exactly skilled at anything. I have some knowledge in computer repair and office work, but that's about it. I always thought if I wanted to get a good job, I'd have to have a degree of sorts.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As other posters have said, it's all in how you spin it my man.

grayclif

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where I live this it is not uncommon for kids to stay home until they are married and or to help moms pay the bills. What many do is partition the home and put in a separate entrance. It's not perfect but it's a place you can call your own and also help with the bills.

2crudedudes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
You shouldn't be concerned at all about living at home. Are you happy living there? If you are, then don't be concerned about the girls...just do what makes you happy.

Respectfully, this is unacceptable. If you've been living at home since birth, you should have a financial edge because you're not encumbered with rent, utilities, etc. etc. Start saving. Go out and get an extra job or two if you must.

Nope...it doesn't cost a dime to approach a girl and run game on her...DJ'ing is free...unless she's a prostitute...

This is true...if they like you, they don't care if you live at home.

What is CSI?
I've been particularly irresponsible with my finances, including having my parents bail me out when credit card debt was too much for me to handle. I know better now in terms of credit, by which I mean I no longer have credit cards, and focus on purchasing only what I truly need/can afford. I've finally hit a point when I'm not overdrawing my checking account every month, and can finally start saving up some cash, even if its only $20 a paycheck.

By CSI I actually meant CSO (coochie stock options) but apparently I can't visualize acronyms in my head xD

Espi said:
Bless you. You've done well.

You're a good man and a great son.

NOTHING stops me from living my life...even if I lived at home with Mom, I would be living life because I CHOOSE to live happily. How's life gonna get better if you move out? Also, if you inherit the house from your mom, you'll be set up well for the future.

Who cares? You don't have to leave the nest if you don't want to. In my opinion, you're a man for choosing to stay at home and take care of mom.

This is simply not true.

Get a second job.

That's not true...

It's simple: apply to your local community college and then apply for a loan.
Okay, this is reassuring. Clearly I still work out some details in my life, but it shouldn't stop me from making those vital changes to become a PUA/DJ NOW

Julius_Seizeher said:
As other posters have said, it's all in how you spin it my man.
Okay, I've been particularly reluctant to play the "my dad died" card, mainly out of respect for my old man. But I guess the truth would definitely not hurt in situations as seemingly unfavorable as mine.

edit:

grayclif said:
Where I live this it is not uncommon for kids to stay home until they are married and or to help moms pay the bills. What many do is partition the home and put in a separate entrance. It's not perfect but it's a place you can call your own and also help with the bills.
If its not too intrusive, would you mind telling me where you're from? At least, what country? (if the U.S., which area? West Coast, Midwest etc)

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not just a "Mexican" thing... I've seen it throughout many areas of the Hispanic community. I'm Hispanic myself, and guess what, I moved out on my own at the tender age of 17. I have a friend who is 30 and has NEVER moved out.

But he holds his condition as a reason to hold him back from dating.

It's not about what you are doing that matters sometimes, it's about what you are trying to do to improve the situation that can make the difference.
You have options. People have posted options. Use them. Better yourself, adopt an incredibly positive attitude. You are on the right track.

Reaction score
Just a Shot Away said:
:crazy: Now's one of the times I wish there was a SoSuave chat.

Btw, do you seriously lick the asses of chicks that you picked up at a bus station? Maybe things are a tad difference in France, but here we got this nasty thing called "anal warts."

Yeah...please don't make all Americans look so grammatically incompetent, bro. :nono:

jester1x

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, get your life on track first then cash in your "CSO." A college degree is like an insurance policy for your own life and welfare.

You can apply for and get turned down from higher class of employment. :) Without a degree, don't even bother approaching the building. You literally wouldn't make it past the front door for any real career type of employment.

Wanting your kids to move out at 18 seems to be unique to American culture. My Mom isn't from this country (from Japan) and I never felt pressured to move out at any particular age.

I finally moved out (out of the state too) at age 29 with a college degree. I went to four different schools and it took eleven years total. My Dad passed away during that time as well. Take classes part time...then get a loan later on so you don't have to work. Get school out of the way first then get on with your life if that is your true goal.

There is no need to make any excuses for your living situation to anyone. If you were 37 and in this situation then I would be worried. Your Mom should be moving in with you at that point.