Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

NCAA March Madness

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
March Madness is beginning and I’d like to pick the brains of our resident NCAA basketball fans for my yearly pools.

Who’s going to make it to the final four and who’s going to win it all? Who are the Cinderellas and who might surprise?

Personally, I’m leaning towards U.C.L.A. to win it all but am open to suggestions.

Discuss.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like Carolina, Kansas, Texas and Duke in the FF with Carolina beating Duke in the Finals.

I don't think Memphis has what it takes, they aren't battle hardened I guess. I think they go down in the second round against Mississippi State. Georgetown might take down Kansas, but I don't see it.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
I like Carolina, Kansas, Texas and Duke in the FF with Carolina beating Duke in the Finals.

I don't think Memphis has what it takes, they aren't battle hardened I guess. I think they go down in the second round against Mississippi State. Georgetown might take down Kansas, but I don't see it.

Thanks, speed dawg. I'm a little leary of Duke and will probably have them knocked out after a couple of rounds. Any sleepers you can think of?

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My sleepers are Georgia going to the Sweet 16, they are hot right now. Also Davidson, they were highly ranked all year but still get no respect. They have as good a shot to knock off Georgetown as anyone.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
My sleepers are Georgia going to the Sweet 16, they are hot right now. Also Davidson, they were highly ranked all year but still get no respect. They have as good a shot to knock off Georgetown as anyone.

Thanks, speed dawg. One of the pools I play is called Pick 8. You've got to pick 8 teams whose seed numbers add up to 32 or more. I finished in the money last year. Georgia at a 14 seed and Davidson at a 10 I should consider. If you had to play this pool what 8 teams would you pick?

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not that much into college basketball but I've watched UCLA a couple times this year and I'm just by default cheering for them. If the Bruins do make the finals I hope Kevin Love stays for another year or two, although he's a great player, his development will be hindered because he'll probably play off the bench a lot.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's an interesting pool. If it were mine, I'd probably go with:

North Carolina - 1
Kansas - 1
UCLA - 1
Duke - 2
Texas - 2
Tennessee - 2
Davidson - 10
Some random 13 seed who won't win it anyway.

That way, while you're throwing away 1 pick, you've upped your odds considerably with 6 out of the top 8 teams. Of the last 9 National Champions, 7 have been from the top 10, so that tells me usually the top rated teams are going to win it.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
That's an interesting pool. If it were mine, I'd probably go with:

North Carolina - 1
Kansas - 1
UCLA - 1
Duke - 2
Texas - 2
Tennessee - 2
Davidson - 10
Some random 13 seed who won't win it anyway.

That way, while you're throwing away 1 pick, you've upped your odds considerably with 6 out of the top 8 teams. Of the last 9 National Champions, 7 have been from the top 10, so that tells me usually the top rated teams are going to win it.

Good picks.......... I'm going to a play a card with your picks and I'm going to throw in Oral Roberts as a 13 seed. Maybe they'll have God on their side and they'll eke out a win or 2. Plus they're on the side with Memphis which you don't seem to have much faith in.

armadon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm taking Duke to win it all this year. I'm not really that interested though since the selection committe **** on my Sun Devils. **** that over the back call in the Pac 10 tourney. The refs let them play rough all game and then call a ***** foul at the end. I hope Arizona goes out first round too!

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Memphis doesn't shoot free throws well enough to seal games. I think they will get to the Elite Eight and no further.

No Big Ten teams will make it past the Sweet Sixteen.

I think UNC wins it all, and Kansas actually does decent this year. There is no way the Jayhawks choke three years in a row.

When I fill out my bracket, I will come back to this thread.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeYikes122 said:
When I fill out my bracket, I will come back to this thread.

I'm looking forward to seeing your picks. Cheers!

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, as far as a cinderella team, I'm gonna cast my vote for American University..My uncle and I sh!t our pants when we watched the Maryland-American game live and AU won it (december), they've got some quick guys. I hate how the selection committee left out the hokies (my school). For the NIT tourney, I would like to watch VT play ASU for the title. I'm gonna say that Pitt is gonna be a threat after dropping G-town for the Big East.

T

tj

Who ever comes out of the East bracket is going to be battle tested. North Carolina-if they make it the final four you have to give the nod to Roy.

I personally want KU to win.

Peace

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Duke got a big scare last night and look vulnerable. We'll see.

T

tj

romangod said:
Duke got a big scare last night and look vulnerable. We'll see.

Yes, they did. However, Duke has a weak inside game. Kinda like the Suns of last year.

Pittsburg is looking like the dark horse.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I told you about Davidson! Next round will be a little bit bigger test for them, although I think Georgetown is overrated.

Starting to wish I had picked UCLA to win it all. But oh well....

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
I told you about Davidson! Next round will be a little bit bigger test for them, although I think Georgetown is overrated.

Starting to wish I had picked UCLA to win it all. But oh well....

Good call, speed dawg! I picked them on 2 of my cards and I'm still in the running. Cheers!

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
and Duke just lost by 6.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tj said:
Yes, they did. However, Duke has a weak inside game. Kinda like the Suns of last year.

Pittsburg is looking like the dark horse.

So much for Pitt. They are now a "no" horse. :crackup: