NBA PLAYOFFS Thread

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My opinion is the spurs will take it this year.

agree?

Roly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its either the Spurs or Pistons that are going to take it. I know a lot of people call the Spurs " Boring", but guess what? Their " boring" style wins games. It's a known fact that Defense and Fundamental basketball Wins championships.

Roly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its either the Spurs or Pistons that are going to take it. I know a lot of people call the Spurs " Boring", but guess what? Their " boring" style wins games. It's a known fact that Defense and Fundamental basketball Wins championships.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Roly said:
yea the last spurs vs pistons finals was pretty boring.

I used to hate manu ginobli but now after watching this year, I'm getting to like him.

I still can't believe dallas got knocked out in the first round.

Roly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Falcon said:
yea the last spurs vs pistons finals was pretty boring.

I used to hate manu ginobli but now after watching this year, I'm getting to like him.

I still can't believe dallas got knocked out in the first round.
Look I'm not saying that a Run N Gun team cant win a championship. As a matter a fact, it had 19 years ago when Magic and Kareem was running the show. But a Team needs to work on both ends of the court and play Good Solid Team Defense especially in the 4th quarter to Win in the playoffs. Teams like the Phoenix Suns and Golden State Warriors simply don't have that dedication. Great Teams, but they gamble and slack off way too much in Defense.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now that steve nash is out of the playoffs, who cares ?

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just thinking this while watching the TNT broadcast the other night...

Remember when Magic Johnson used to have AIDS?

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Roly said:
Look I'm not saying that a Run N Gun team cant win a championship. As a matter a fact, it had 19 years ago when Magic and Kareem was running the show. But a Team needs to work on both ends of the court and play Good Solid Team Defense especially in the 4th quarter to Win in the playoffs. Teams like the Phoenix Suns and Golden State Warriors simply don't have that dedication. Great Teams, but they gamble and slack off way too much in Defense.
Yea no doubt, defense and being fundamentally sound usually always comes out on top. I think those were huge factors in why team usa lost to greece last year.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
RedPill said:
I was just thinking this while watching the TNT broadcast the other night...

Remember when Magic Johnson used to have AIDS?
He still does. Or at least HIV. There is no cure yet... :(

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well right, he does, but he looks healthier than 97% of the population, let alone the population with HIV. It was 16 years ago when he retired, and at the time it was considered the kiss of death. Plus the guy is closing in on becoming a billionaire, and flies around to do broadcasts. What amazes me is the difference in medical care one can receive when they have the resources.

But that aside, Pistons and Spurs both in five. Pistons over Spurs in five in the finals.

Why?

The Cavs barely squeaked out a victory at home with LeBron playing his best and the Pistons playing their worst. The Utah blowout was a low-percentage event as well, and the Jazz will come out over-confident tonight.

In the finals, the Pistons will be motivated by both the revenge factor for the finals of 2005, and once again will play with a chip on their collective shoulders since the media will heavily favor the Spurs.

Reaction score
Falcon said:
My opinion is the spurs will take it this year.

agree?
I hate the spurs bunch of cheaters, Duncun is good... but SO BORING to watch. Suns should have won the 6th game and the 7th. I hope the pistons win! Even though their series against the cavs is SO BORING to watch... golden state and suns were the best teams to watch IMO.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't count out the Cavs so easily. All the games with the Pistons have been very tight.

I gotta favor the Spurs overall. Though I'll give the Pistons a shot if they really move the ball around well. When their offense gets tied up they can't hit squat.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonhomme said:
I wouldn't count out the Cavs so easily. All the games with the Pistons have been very tight.

I gotta favor the Spurs overall. Though I'll give the Pistons a shot if they really move the ball around well. When their offense gets tied up they can't hit squat.
I've been rooting for the cavs... but I have a hard time believing that they will win with larry hughes as the second option. Unless lebron goes off for the rest of the series. I like their rookie, gibson, and that other guy too (european i think)... the guy who had a huge block on jason kidd. hopefully they tie it up and make it into a series.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
RedPill said:
In the finals, the Pistons will be motivated by both the revenge factor for the finals of 2005, and once again will play with a chip on their collective shoulders since the media will heavily favor the Spurs.
Both teams are good, but the pistons still have no answer for duncan. webber i feel makes their frontline worse in this situation with his bad defense. I wonder how they are going to deal with that.