Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mystery VS Mental Stimulation in a LTR

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
For those pursuing or involved in a LTR, "mystery" can and often does work against you. Women need a certain level of emotional intimacy in order to feel fulfilled...just like men need a certain level of physical intimacy in order to feel fulfilled. In order to have a successful LTR you both MUST satisfy the intimacy needs of your partner.

It is impossible to meet a woman's need for emotional closeness if you are trying to remain a "mystery". If she doesn't feel emotionally fulfilled and close to you she is not going to be happy with the relationship and ultimately she will leave. When your girlfriend tells you "You never talk to me." (and the like) she is telling you that she does NOT feel emotionally satisfied.

It is okay to let go of the mystery, and actually good for you to do so in a LTR. However, you still need to provide mental and emotional stimulation to keep a healthy level of challenge and interest. You can do this by being a bit unpredictable in the things you do and say. Be full of surprises and keep her on her toes, so that she isn't sure what to expect from you from one day to the next.

Finding a balance between being unpredictable and still being reliable can be tricky, but this is the key to holding interest over the long term.

If you are wise, you can use little surprises to not only keep her interested, but also keep yourself interested. For instance, rather than doing the usual routine of going back to her or your place after a night out and hopping into the bed to have sex...pack some wine and a blanket in the trunk and find a beach, field or whatever, pull over, go to the trunk and mix things up a little bit. Surprises like this not only boost her emotional satisfaction to the roof, but you benefit from how turned on it makes her. Give her a$$ a playful slap while you're opening the door for her and letting her go ahead of you. Sneak up behind her while she's doing the dishes and lick her neck while groping her boobs and then lift her up on the counter and tell her you must have her right then. These are examples of surprises and being unpredictable that typically have good returns for you.

So, in summation...let her feel close to you or she won't be able to develop genuine feelings for you. Replace the "mystery" with being a little unpredictable in a way that not only makes her feel emotionally fulfilled but also leads to you getting physically fulfilled at the same time.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
excellent advice. If your looking for a LTR than mystery is terrible. How doe's anyone expect a girl to fall in love with someone she doesn't know. It happens but eventual the real person will come out and it may not be taken well. I think mystery can also set up disaster for short term as well. A lot of girls will not hook up with someone that they don't think they at least know on some level. Being mysterious can be a trap that people will either decipher as the person has no personality or a personality can be created for you. I agree that being spontaneous is undervalued and should be used more often.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tips like these are exactly what I've been looking for as I'm finding a lot of regular DJ tips aren't helping me form relationships.

Makes sense. Thank you!

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jariel
Tips like these are exactly what I've been looking for as I'm finding a lot of regular DJ tips aren't helping me form relationships.

Makes sense. Thank you!
That has always been an issue here. There's a lot of tips and advice for one night stands and dating, but almost nothing to help people maintain long term relationships. Honestly, finding success in getting casual sex and short flings is relatively easy once a guy gets the courage to just go for it. But being able to hold onto and maintain a LTR while retaining quality is one of the most difficult and advanced abilities out there. In the grand scheme of things, when you guys are 50 or so years old and genuine companionship becomes more important, knowing how to have one night stands just isn't going to cut the mustard anymore. Everyone eventually needs LTR skills unless they want to be old, decrepid and, well...alone.

The TallOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
That has always been an issue here. There's a lot of tips and advice for one night stands and dating, but almost nothing to help people maintain long term relationships. Honestly, finding success in getting casual sex and short flings is relatively easy once a guy gets the courage to just go for it. But being able to hold onto and maintain a LTR while retaining quality is one of the most difficult and advanced abilities out there. In the grand scheme of things, when you guys are 50 or so years old and genuine companionship becomes more important, knowing how to have one night stands just isn't going to cut the mustard anymore. Everyone eventually needs LTR skills unless they want to be old, decrepid and, well...alone.
I agree.

Got any place to start for all the niddy griddy on LTRs?

This place seems to be more or less "have sex with her before 3rd date" etc etc.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by The TallOne
I agree.

Got any place to start for all the niddy griddy on LTRs?

This place seems to be more or less "have sex with her before 3rd date" etc etc.
I don't know of a website if that's what you mean. I'm fortunate in that this sort of comes to me naturally, but not everyone is so lucky.

The TallOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know of a website if that's what you mean. I'm fortunate in that this sort of comes to me naturally, but not everyone is so lucky.
Keep postin tips then... that way people can pick up on what you know.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That has always been an issue here. There's a lot of tips and advice for one night stands and dating, but almost nothing to help people maintain long term relationships. Honestly, finding success in getting casual sex and short flings is relatively easy once a guy gets the courage to just go for it. But being able to hold onto and maintain a LTR while retaining quality is one of the most difficult and advanced abilities out there.
Yeah, I definitely agree. I'm learning that some traits that make a successful player or PUA are the same traits that can scare off potential partners and ruin relationships.

Sadly, a lot of the time when guys talk about relationships or ask advice, they get shouted down and chastised by the "players" or closed-minded David-D disciples on the board who have absolutely no idea about maintaining a LTR.

I would definitely welcome more tips and discussions like this that are aimed at relationships.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Craig Reeves
We wanna hear more from ya, Wylde.
I made a post in suggestions and feedback asking for a LTR section. If Allen decides to add a LTR forum I have promised to start a series of LTR tips and will even take requests on specific subjects. This has always been an area I've been very strong in, so I can come up with a lot of stuff...I just think it needs to be organized in a separate area.

O Snap

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that a LTR forum would be a great idea. Like what was said previously, there is a lot of information about how to get women, and the first couple of dates, but what if these go well, and you start to like the girl and want something more? I hope it goes well wylde...i enjoy reading your postings.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol who needs LTR advice?? LTR is not difficult if you are a man.

only advice needed is dont be a lazy ******* and dont be a submissive nice guy and dont cheat. and that should be common sense. THERE IS VERY LITTLE YOU CAN DO WRONG!!