Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mystery A1 question - negs but no IOIs?

TheFlyingMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been working the magic of neg hits with wonders. A lot of girls get insecure - my fave neg is "hey I like your smile, so cute! (pause) Like a chipmunk!".

A lot of girls have massive reactions to such innocent sounding lines. Some start qualifying themselves to me, some giggle, but some just get insecure, and I feel that it doesn't generate attention. I know A1 is more then just negs, I've already DHVed as much as I can by leaning back, relaxing, etc. (I can't ignore her, I've been working day game, and been practicing on video store clerks etc).

What happens if I don't get attraction? Neg her again? I feel it might be too much. One girl, probably a 9.5, she gets all insecure and says "is that an insult or a compliment? My teeth are perfect, why would you say that?" Etc etc.

I backed off a little bit, saying "it's very cute, don't get me wrong." But I just felt the interaction go downhill.

Any tips?

TheFlyingMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
mate thanks for helping me out on the other thread and the quick reply. But I've tried moving onto A2 without sufficient IOIs and everything went flat pretty quick.

Guess my Q should be - what am I lacking from A1?

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wait???? Are you going up to a lone wolf and just negging her?????

First of all, if it's a lonewolf in a day settings, I don't see why you don't
try using direct game.

If you want to neg and she's in a busy, high energy store or something, why don't you just use a neg opener like Do you know why you suck opener after her friends have been surrounding her.

I'm not sure I understand the strategy here. The goal is to get the girl. I don't think you need to neg to pick up lone wolf's in low energy settings at all. If you approach a group of women at a mall, then maybe this would make sense to me.

I would also use store workers more as practice, mainly I would focus on other customers. I know guys who just always try gaming the store workers. In a kiosk this makes more sense to me than in a department store. I like to spend 15-20min with a chick before attempting to day 2 or # exchange, and rarely do I find this possible in a department store. Maybe at a gas station if it's slow I could see it, but I like to actually run game on women that might actually be able to be PU'd. Sometimes I think guys intentionally pick impossible targets so they won't have to feel bad if it doesn't work. The fear of loss keeps them from the possibility of gain, a self defeating strategy to be sure.

TheFlyingMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm here's an example, I was at Blockbuster earlier on picking up some DVDs. The clerk about a HB7 was very chatty and bubbly - not sure if it was me, or she's like that to everyone. So I was chatting to her a bit about movies and stuff, and I felt that this wasn't going anywhere. So I negged her with my standard one. And she immediately responded well. She reached across the counter to kino me, etc.

Anyway, sometimes this don't work. I don't neg straight out.

What's direct game? Just go up and convey interest straight out? As a tall and well built guy (6'4") I found that Mystery's body language and disinterest helps take out a lot of the intimidation factor (don't approach directly, come in at an angle, etc).

And for the sake of learning, what if this does happen in a club setting? I plan to sarge in clubs even more as well.

TheFlyingMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
YEa I know that hehehe. That's where I've fcked up as an AFC. I thought it showed balls. But what is direct game?

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An example of what is more or less a direct approach Mystery has recommended is the Do you know why you suck opener. It's not die-hard direct game but it works great when you want to go straight up to the girl and approach her without hiding interest. I have field tested it many times and it works well. You aren't professing your undying devotion to her, but you aren't hiding the fact that you wanted to talk to her combined with humor and something more interesting than the last 500000 guys. I've been using this on girls who are kind of off in their own reality from the rest of the group, but I don't see why it shouldn't work on a lone wolf who just finsihed talkin to a group of friends as well.

As far as truly hiding your interest, that never happens. They know if you approach you are interested just like you know if they dress with clevage hanging out and go to a club they want attention. There is really no such thing as truly fooling them. But if you can keep the whole group's attention and false disqualify yourself to the target, then you can seemingly prove your disinterest to the one girl who always takes away the fun guys from them and makes them feel inferior to her. For their own selfish reasons, they now have no reason to want to get rid of you unless your not interesting them.

You should really consider subscribing to Mystery's Interview Series. All of this stuff is covered in the first CD.

TedJustAdmitIt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mate,to be honest this ain't the best site to be asking questions about 'Game'..the good advice on this board is mainly about getting your life in order and self improvement.

If I were you I'd head on over to both mASF and Mystery's Lounge and ask there...you'll get answers from guys who have opened 1000's of sets,run workshops and really have the technical side of this down pat.

If you haven't already I'd also suggest picking up a copy of the Venusian Arts Handbook and studying the p!ss out of it...from your post it seems you lack calibration and have a misunderstanding about some basic parts of MM.

Hope this helps 'n good luck!

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I'm not there to watch you approach but I would guess you're waiting for a reaction after negging. You should just neg and continue your routine as if you weren't event thinking of it.
(Everyone has one of those friends who just spits the first thing on their minds) say it like that.

Distant Light

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A1 is opener which is getting to the hook point, if they don't get hooked throw another opener. Once they are hooked thats when you should be DHVing, so say you negged, then just go into a DHV story and work from there.

TheFlyingMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks great replies!

Sicarius, I'm talking about this neg which I've used like 10 times in the past week, and I get 6-7 great reactions like IOIs or the girl trying to qualify herself to me. I think it's a great tool, and nothing to do with being a sh1t to her.

Ted,Just Admit It, thanks, what do you mean calibration? I do have the MM Handbook, and have been referring to it constantly, but nothing refers to this current problem. I guess it's implied that we just keep running A1 on her.

Yes I signed up for his lounge, but we need 15 posts to make a thread LOL.

TedJustAdmitIt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheFlyingMan said:
Ted,Just Admit It, thanks, what do you mean calibration?
Calibration is the act of er...um...ahh...calibrating yourself to the situation at hand...lol!

Every part of a skill set(negs,dhv,amog tatics,etc.)serve a specific purpose in a specific situation.

Calibration is simply the act of assessing the situation before you and using only the tools needed to get the job done.
It's tempting to use everything you have whether it's needed or not...that's miscalibration.

Lets take negs as an example:

Let's say that you walk up to Elle McPhearson,Angelina Jolie or some other hot celeb of your choice and upon talking to her you discover that although she's stunningly beautiful she's also really down to earth and doesn't think that the sun shines out of her own ar$e...a neg is obviously uneeded and would most likely hurt the interaction as opposed to help it.

On the other hand lets say you're chatting up a woman who isn't the greatest looking female in the room...on first impressions you may think that a neg is uneeded as she ain't the prettiest looking gal around but after talking to her for a moment you realise that she thinks she's the greatest thing since sliced bread and Aphrodite incarnate...in this case a neg would be appropriate and would help to move the convo in the right direction.

TheFlyingMan said:
I do have the MM Handbook
Mystery has several ebooks knocking about...the Venusian Arts Handbook explores the M3 model in much greater depth than the MM Method.

For direct(natural)I'd check out the posts of Dimitri,Woodhaven,Juggler etc. on the Advanced board over at mASF...Dimitri especially has written all you really need to know about the subject.

Here's some from Dimitri and Woodhaven:
http://www.the-approach.net/art_attraction_model.php
http://www.the-approach.net/art_natural_game.php
http://www.the-approach.net/art_naturalgame2.php

Good luck!