Myspace, Facebook, ect... What's the deal?

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just found out that on facebook(and I am sure it's on myspace) that you can post events and parties and what not.

My idea was to check the events and see what bars the people would be hitting up. I would then go to said bar and well you know how b-day girls/party's can get.

I think it's an ok idea, but my housemate (who's an afc) doesn't agree for reason's that just don't add up. What do you all think of using these sites like yellowpages-getting-laid-edition?

Jack McCrack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know about you man but if I go to a bar I don't it as an event on myspace.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I don't know about you man but if I go to a bar I don't it as an event on myspace."

I don't understand that sentence.

People are listing their parties and saying what bars they are going to hit up.

green69

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not a bad idea I must say. While you're at it, you might as well creep the pages of the girls that are going, you can get an idea of which ones are single...check out their pics to get a read on whether you think they might be interested in you.

Of course at the same time I find this idea somewhat creepy, and I think a lot of people share the same sentiments.

samaka

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like to much research to me. If you already know the woman why don't you setup something one on one? If you don't know them, then just go straight to a bar and find some other random?

bman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i think thats called stalking. just go to any bar, theres always chicks there.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with it. Just don't let other people know you're doing it.

And yes, check out which ones are "single" to help you maximize your time and efforts.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bman said:
i think thats called stalking. just go to any bar, theres always chicks there.
No, stalking is when you follow them from one place to another. If you go to a yoga class to meet women, you are not stalking them.

green69 said:
Not a bad idea I must say. While you're at it, you might as well creep the pages of the girls that are going, you can get an idea of which ones are single...check out their pics to get a read on whether you think they might be interested in you.

Of course at the same time I find this idea somewhat creepy, and I think a lot of people share the same sentiments.

I can understand why you might think this as a creepy idea, but some women would think the same thing about a guy that visits sites that give advice on how to pick up women.

These girls are posting it on the internet in an open website that allows anyone to see the details. It's safe to assume they don't want a private party.

Play the Game

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SharinganUser said:
I can understand why you might think this as a creepy idea, but some women would think the same thing about a guy that visits sites that give advice on how to pick up women.
Don't ever tell anyone about this site, except maybe your best bud, and take it to the grave with you.
In fact i think girls think any guy that wants to get some is creepy, unless he's hot of course which shows higher value, but otherwise that's why we have to play these stupid games.
It's all about who has the power and boy do i know i'm kidding myself when i act like i don't want it... but amazingly it works.

Oh yeah and i do the whole myspace thing. It's great if you have a lot of ass chasing you, but not so great when you start out.

dynamicallyidle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SharinganUser said:
I just found out that on facebook(and I am sure it's on myspace) that you can post events and parties and what not.

My idea was to check the events and see what bars the people would be hitting up. I would then go to said bar and well you know how b-day girls/party's can get.

I think it's an ok idea, but my housemate (who's an afc) doesn't agree for reason's that just don't add up. What do you all think of using these sites like yellowpages-getting-laid-edition?
i don't ask for advice from AFC's.

Prof

Don Juan
Reaction score
**** dude that's standard fair at my college.

Of course, everyone at my college knows everyone else there. So things like who's single and who's not are widely known.

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Notice how everyone on facebook appears to have a life and a party of smiles? It's gotta be all fake. It's what you see of others....that they're happier, outgoing, etc. Most of my connections are IMO Attention seeking. They have hundreds of connections. In person tho they are shallow and hollow.

Limit your use of those sites. Only connect people who ask to connect to you. Don't have long conversations about the past (school mates) because it just drags on and on. Go to this site, learn the DJ ways and learn to do face-to-face. Facebook, myspace, etc. is a big trap!