Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

MySpace: Do delete or not delete account?

Eccentric

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Marlimus said:
Gentlemen please be advised that colege administrators, admissions committees and potential employers search facebook, myspace and other such sites as part of their screening process. Be careful of the image that you present because you do not know where it will follow you to.
COMPLETE BULL****. Who are the colleges to decide your entry based upon a personal webspace? It's your academics that get you accepted, not what you do on a friday night, or how much you party on the weekend. They may not permitt it on campus, but to use this in their "screening process" isn't true.

"Yes Billy, we see that you have a 3.9 GPA, and would like to become part of our school with so and so classes. Sadly, we've found your MySpace account, and we don't like your personal life." Denied... ACLU would be all over this.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mazeman11 said:
Does Myspace accurately represent the female attitude?
Myspace accurately represents the female attitudes of females on MySpace, nothing more. Assuming that one website represents 51% of the planet is a recipe for disaster.

As to whether you should delete your account, go ahead if thats what you feel like doing.

Oh, and to wavejams007... USA Today had a front-page story a week or two ago about numerous people who have been expelled from school, declined admission from other universities, and refused employment when the person in charge saw inappropriate photos/text on their profiles. I can't find the article but here's one just a few others of the many that are out there...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/16/AR2006011601489.html

http://hcs.harvard.edu/~cyberlaw/wiki/index.php/In_Your_Facebook.com

http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060226/NEWS/602260375/1002

Eccentric said:
COMPLETE BULL****. Who are the colleges to decide your entry based upon a personal webspace? It's your academics that get you accepted, not what you do on a friday night, or how much you party on the weekend. They may not permitt it on campus, but to use this in their "screening process" isn't true.
Unfortunately you're wrong. Private schools/college (ones that don't recieve any government funding) have the right to refuse admissions to anyone for any reason.

In recent weeks, several ... schools have taken action against the use of blog sites, in particular Facebook.com but also the sites MySpace.com and Xanga.com...

Some colleges have expelled teenagers for violating codes of conduct after discovering photos of underage students posing in front of kegs or writing about drinking binges, and employers often look up job candidates on the sites, said Parry Aftab, an Internet lawyer and the executive director of Wiredsafety.org.

A VTC student had applied for a job at a Vermont engineering firm. The company peeked at the student's profile on Facebook.com, a social networking Web site for college students. What the employer saw gave him second thoughts about hiring the student.
Moved to AE...

Mazeman11

Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel better already about getting rid of my account. Now I need new ways to meet people!

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for the links diablo. You sure do put in a lot of time and effort to be thorough in moding this site. much appreciated.

IsiMan84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I deleted everything from my MySpace profile and deleted all my friends. I had over 200 friends at one point and I legitimately knew maybe half of them. I was getting added by people I didn't know almost daily. Very many AW's, flakes, underage, fatties, uglies, single mothers, you name it. If you had a name they wanted to be your friend. After watching a video on YouTube about MySpace I decided I didn't need the site anymore (or to begin with). I left the account alive just to let people know if they wanted to contact me another way they could do so. That was partly to see who actually cared to talk and also to change the way I interact with people (AKA, in person). I figured Facebook is more than enough. At least I know all those people are in college. Too many 16-17 year old girls were trying to talk to me on MySpace (I am a senior in college).

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
while we're on the topic of myspace... when i meet new girls, i always find them on myspace first before calling them. you don't need a girl's full name; having only her first name is sufficient. first, i type the girl's name in "search." thousands of profiles with the girl's name will be generated. now click on "within 5 miles" and type in the zip code of where she's from. this will significantly narrow down the amount of names and you can easily find the girl you're looking for. it's cool because you'll have a head's up with girls by doing this and thus have some advantage because you can plan things out. funny because a few girls even had boyfriends!

wunnaBsmooth

Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter....
Even if you DO delete it, it can be brought back by the site admin..... Maybe even Google will have it cached...

I don't do those blog sites because of that very reason.

pro26

Don Juan
Reaction score
brucevangeorge said:
Delete. Or at least cut down the usage.
very well put. either delete or cut down the usage. when u guys think about ( the one's who actually still have one ) have many wasted hours out of the week have you sat there online?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
My older kids use myspace...all in different ways. My 20 year old daughter uses it to talk to the same online friends she's had for 5 or 6 years. They are all around her age and located all around the world. My 17 year old son uses it to keep in touch with friends from where we used to live and he talks to whoever starts talking to him but doesn't go looking for people to talk to. My 15 year old son has a strict policy and firm belief that making online friends is pathetic, lame and dumb...so he only uses it to talk to people he actually already knows in person. I signed up to get a screen name to be able to contact an old friend I used to work with because there was something I really needed to tell her and I didn't know how to reach her. My daughter noticed she had an account. I also use that ID to check on who is commenting to my kids and make sure they don't give out too much information. I don't have an actual profile, nor will I. I tend to agree with my younger son in that respect.

pro26

Don Juan
Reaction score
MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN DELETED! WHOO! I FEEL GREAT (turns off commputer to go meet hb 7!)

;)

Mazeman11

Don Juan
Reaction score
I deleted my account a while ago. The smartest thing I've ever done. I can't believe I wasted so much time while I could have been building/improving myself.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eccentric said:

"Yes Billy, we see that you have a 3.9 GPA, and would like to become part of our school with so and so classes. Sadly, we've found your MySpace account, and we don't like your personal life." Denied... ACLU would be all over this.

I hope you are feeling like an idiot. Our school just ran a full page report on this. Kids with bongs and booze in the dorms are taking those pics down from facebook.

God i love being 21.

Silquee Smoove

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Something all users of MySpace should be aware of --

MydeathSpace

If something happens to you for whatever reason, your account will end up here along with all the rest.

The various comments on the front page indicate that a lot of people are angry over this type of site. But it will go on as a form of "remembrance" for those who are no longer with us.