Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Myspace: add them or message them?

Zero Hero

Don Juan
Reaction score
What is more effective in your opinion...adding a bunch of chicks? or sending out your spam message to a bunch of chicks? Of course if you just add, you are going to have to go back and message, but you've filtered out some already.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Zero Hero said:
What is more effective in your opinion...adding a bunch of chicks? or sending out your spam message to a bunch of chicks? Of course if you just add, you are going to have to go back and message, but you've filtered out some already.
It's more effective to meet chicks in real life. MySpace, due to its popularity, is probably even HARDER to meet chicks on these days than real-life. I know girls who have signed up for Myspace and decided to cancel their accounts a week later because of the mess of unsolicited and downright vulgar come-ons from guys. It's like a nightclub that "word got out" about...and it's murderous work to break down a b!tch shield over E-mail...women have the upper hand.

Personally, I don't add anyone I haven't talked to. Most girls just want to run up their friend counts anyway. I don't know why...that's just one of the ways chicks are dumb. You're going to have a hard time displaying value over 1000s of messages to chicks who are still unsure whether they want to date someone from the Internet.

A friend of mine says he actually has better success just randomly searching for girls on YIM and sending them messages than he does on MySpace.

I'd say if you wanna pull on MySpace, put up your best pics and be honest...there's no C&F line or fancy BS you can pull that she hasn't gotten before. Just say "hi"...if she thinks you're hot enough to respond to, then run your routine like you normally would.

Or just sell yourself via your profile...update it every so often so it bumps you up to the top of the search lists. You'll get hits here and there.

In the meantime, BALLS to MySpace. Go out and meet real women.

sux2bu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen to squirrels.

Also.. just delete your MySpace account. You will thank me later.

Raikojo17

Banned
Reaction score
well, it helps first to message them. if u add them, they will add u, but they most likely wont talk to u. people, and im guilty of this too, add anyone nowadays. they dont have to know u, they jus click accept. if u message them first, if they wanna talk to u, they reply back. message them first, then add later.

drmeathead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
just get rid of myspace once you get a girl. it will save you a **** load of hassle

Raikojo17

Banned
Reaction score
squirrels said:
It's more effective to meet chicks in real life. MySpace, due to its popularity, is probably even HARDER to meet chicks on these days than real-life. I know girls who have signed up for Myspace and decided to cancel their accounts a week later because of the mess of unsolicited and downright vulgar come-ons from guys. It's like a nightclub that "word got out" about...and it's murderous work to break down a b!tch shield over E-mail...women have the upper hand.

Personally, I don't add anyone I haven't talked to. Most girls just want to run up their friend counts anyway. I don't know why...that's just one of the ways chicks are dumb. You're going to have a hard time displaying value over 1000s of messages to chicks who are still unsure whether they want to date someone from the Internet.

A friend of mine says he actually has better success just randomly searching for girls on YIM and sending them messages than he does on MySpace.

I'd say if you wanna pull on MySpace, put up your best pics and be honest...there's no C&F line or fancy BS you can pull that she hasn't gotten before. Just say "hi"...if she thinks you're hot enough to respond to, then run your routine like you normally would.

Or just sell yourself via your profile...update it every so often so it bumps you up to the top of the search lists. You'll get hits here and there.

In the meantime, BALLS to MySpace. Go out and meet real women.

really man, it's not that bad. girls respond on myspace to me all the time. breakin down b!tch shields isn't hard either, if it says they're there for relationships and dating, them get at them.

Hawke

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never had any problem with myspace and talking with girls, infact it can be too easy to get close with women on there at times. Many of my friends to have met people through myspace, dated, got into relationships, one night stands, made friends that lead to meeting more people and great times... so after all this i can not understand why so many people here have a problem with it.

Personally though, i'd keep myspace due to the fact it's a great place to keep intouch with those you know for when your not in town. And perhaps meeting new people. I wouldn't rely on it to pick up women, but i'd rely on it to be one in many ways to keep intouch with friends.

As for message or adding, i always message. Why add someone you don't know?

Lost1

Don Juan
Reaction score
god this conversation is done to death..do you seriously think it matters if you message or if you add?

Lost1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Raikojo17 said:
lol yea it does. if u want results, then u should message first.
Prove it then! I garentee it doesnt matter one bit weather you add her first of if you message. It's all about what your picture looks like.

md3sign

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
K I'm just gonna bump this up real quick, maybe get another perspective, but here's my experience.

Like lost said your pic/pics are your most important asset. Either you're hot enough to talk to, or you're not. Doesn't seem like it matters what you do first, if you look good to them they'll talk back to you.

Case in point:

When I first got my new profile around May I had 1 pic up .. it was around the time I started bodybuilding. Now I have about 10+, a lot showing progression, but the "main" ones just me posing for the cam half naked. Hey that's what bodybuilders do :D

I haven't randomly messaged a mass number of girls in about 2 months. The last time I did it I just had my old progress pics, fully clothed. Out of 30-40 emails I would get maybe 3-4 replies, and only met 1 girl in person (which went quite well might I add, but I decided not to get into a relationship with her).

Now, just last night I was bored and feeling extra good so I said f it why not. I sent out about 15 messages. I can't check myspace here at work, but according to my email client I have 9 messages waiting for me. And this is in less than 24 hours. Most of them were just cut & paste "hey what's up, let's chat".

I still think it helps if you mention something personal though. When I was browsing last night I was looking at this girl's pics and saw one of her in the Smokey's. I was there this past spring so I brought it up in the message and asked her how she liked it. 30 minutes later I get a somewhat lengthy reply, at the end of which she's asking me what else I like to do, that she went to a BB show once, etc etc.

So far my opinion is that your photo is the #1 seller, so hit those weights!

Also you have to "seem" popular I think and "pay your dues". With a bunch of "friends" and 200+ comments and a decent amount of comments on pics, you have some social proof - as stupid as that sounds when talking about cyberspace. Or maybe you just don't seem creepy.

To answer your question, I would message first then add later maybe, or accept if she adds you. Unless you just want a bunch of random chicks as your "friends" (I think it's good to have a few).

I could be wrong about all this :D

edit - I just read some other threads. I realize the hatred for myspace nonesense on this site. We can leave it be, just thought I'd share.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Myspace is a very effective way of meeting girls. As in real life, most of what's out there is not quality, but if quality were so common then we wouldn't be on the internet talking about how to tag quality chicks now would we?

I do neither of what you asked about, and here's why:

1. adding a chick to your friend list makes you look desperate for attention, and shy. You come across as a meek little internet fella looking for approval from a girl. Not only that, the only type of girls that will add you without having ever uttered a word in your direction are the type that add EVERYONE, like its some sort of game. Most quality girls won't add you to their friendlist if they don't know you. Therefore, this move is ineffective.

2. I never spam. Spamming again makes it look like you have NOTHING BETTER TO DO, and are therefore asking EVERYONE AT ONCE if someone can keep you company because otherwise you'd be alone on the internet all night as per usual. It's like advertising that you're a loser.

What I do is individual messages. Short but sweet. Doesn't even have to mean anything, as long as its not frank supplication. If you don't look like some sort of freak then you will get a reply.

I've met many girls on myspace: most were not what I would call dating quality(because of their personality), but strangely enough the best girl I have ever dated I met on myspace as well.

Personally I keep my friend list relegated to my actual friends.

Those who dismiss myspace, or the internet in general, as an ineffective way to meet girls are probably angry that they couldn't do it effectively.