my take on the alpha male subject.

Jay Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GAMMA MALE; [gamma is the third letter in the greek alphabet, by the way lads] this is what we generally term an AFC or below. he aint even a contender.

he submits not only to the 'most dominant male' but also to any strong male and most females.

he is a follower, lacks creativity, orginality or courge.

it is the standard state for most men.

often however he dreams of more, he wishes to become greater.

BETA MALE; this guy is a contender.

he has a set of balls and fights to be the best. he always seeks to improve and better his situation.

he has confidence and believes in himself.

this guy is what most people here consider an alpha.

he is a man unafraid of his masculinity.

women go gaga for this dude.

[by the way, in zoology and evolutionary science the BETA is a contender or the 'second' of the leader of the pack.

he wiches to make himself alpha and is often seen as one when there is not a true alpha about.

ALPHA; this dude impresses his frame on reality.

he CREATES, INSPIRES, LEADS AND INITIATES.

the idea that a human alpha male is the biggest most masculine guy does not apply to humanity.

if the biggest most aggressive male had the evolutionary advantage in humanity we'd be gorillas. we are evolving to be a highly cooperative, communicative and intelligent being.

the alpha is the leader, now maybe in the 300 being the most 'masculine' makes one the best leader... i dare say that if leonardis messed with julius ceasar, a man constantly teased by his rivals as being effiminate and who wrote poetry for fun, he and his spartans would have been grinded up in about in about three seconds.

the man that the rest of the tribe follows is not the one who beats all the others up, in fact this guy is soon rejected from any society, or killed by a smarter and more popular guy he thought he could **** with just because he was brawiner.

nor is it the guy who can catch the biggest buffalo, although he is appreciated, honoured and gets hot babes.

the 'alpha' is the guy who has the best idea's who is inspired and energised, creative and brilliant.

he's the guy who wants to make a world greater than the one which exists. this is the difference between alpha and beta. the beta wishes to dominate what exists and often succeeds... the alpha is forging new ground, he is making the world more than it was.

why do you think the AMOG destroyers are so powerful; they make the man with game appear to possess the qualities more POWERFUL than brawn; it conveys greater mental agility and social intelligence, qualities which have been helping the smarter more popular man defeat the neandethal since the ice started melting, probably before.

now i know a lot of you guys are like 'me alpha male. me smash puny man. me no need to be smart. me beat my chest, woman come.'

whatever dude.... i'm not talking to you... you keep going the way of t-rex.

the real alpha brims with confidence and leadership. when he enters a social circle it comes alive with possibility. he instills faith and energy into a group.

the guy who is there acting all 'dominant' is completely overwhelmed by this guy because it is our nature to grow and become more, to see what is over that horizon.

the man who seeks to 'dominate' preserves the staus quo because it is in the status quo that he has power. the alpha male cares for no existing forms, he cares only for what he can achieve.

an alpha never tries to dominate. he becomes the centre of attention by default and it often leaves him feeling a little uncomfortable because he now knows that he has a responsibilty as most powerful man to protect and lead... but he just wants to do his thing.

NOW it is easier for the masculine powerful guy to become ALPHA.

one is not 'born' alpha, one becomes. the guy who is attracting the babes, who is winning the fights, who is respected and honoured is filled with confidence which then inspires him to look beyond the horizon, to push the boundaries, to be original, to create. t

the OMEGA MALE;

i really don't understand it when people describe a weak man as omega. the word omega means 'infinate.'

the omega male is the rarest and most precious of all. he is the shaman, the inventor, the genius. he is the einstein, the da vinci, the shakespear, the buddha.

he is the guy who has come to realise that there is more to life than just the physical reality we see, there is a world of soul. but i don't think many people come here care about that and those who understand what i'm saying will just nod and say, 'so true bro' so i'll leave it there.

so thats how i see.

JJ

danielzxc

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You overstate your case. Cultural values may have evolved over the last few thousand years, but biologically we are the same creature. For every "creative, inspiring, energetic" art geek who does good with women I'll find you ten (twenty, one hundred) "brawny" types who do. Brawn matters.

As for the omegas. Who cares? One is pretty much born with that level of genius. Maybe not all of those who are go on to develop anything out of it, but the ones who did were born with the potential. What's that got to do with getting babes? I've never heard of the buddha or einstein being any players of note.

dynamicallyidle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
danielzxc said:
You overstate your case. Cultural values may have evolved over the last few thousand years, but biologically we are the same creature. For every "creative, inspiring, energetic" art geek who does good with women I'll find you ten (twenty, one hundred) "brawny" types who do. Brawn matters.

As for the omegas. Who cares? One is pretty much born with that level of genius. Maybe not all of those who are go on to develop anything out of it, but the ones who did were born with the potential. What's that got to do with getting babes? I've never heard of the buddha or einstein being any players of note.
He never said brawn didn't matter. Reading your insecurities into a well-thought post, eh?

Brawn, he argues, is becoming a secondary or supportive feature of being an alpha male. The pen is truly mightier than the sword. This is something men understand INSTINCTIVELY. That is why you are on this forum lobbying for the importance of brawn.

If the pre-eminence of brawn spoke for itself, then you wouldn't see so many muscleheads trying to speak for it (usually with messed up grammar). Brawn is a legitimate, but also weak (aka fragile, impermanent) way to get a girl. Brains over brawn.

And to JAY-JAY: I agree with 99% of your argument. Dead-on.

FurryFriend

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you're giving this alpha, beta, delta nonsense a little too much analysis.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
FurryFriend said:
I think you're giving this alpha, beta, delta nonsense a little too much analysis.
I agree.

I remember creating a thread questioning the alpha concept. The whole alpha thing is great for seeing things from another perspective. What I hate seeing is when a person takes it so seriously he starts to see everything in terms of alpha and evolution theories. Not that it is wrong, it's just a really cold way of looking at things.

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
FurryFriend said:
Yes, I think so too.

Gamma male? LOL. What about omega and epsilon?

PigAdlemPimp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned an AlphaMale has to be physically strong with the ability to win most fist fights and physical bouts, he also must be very highly academically accredited, confident, bold, adventurous, flamboyant, have the capacity to be successful both athletically and financially, being a strong loser doesn't make a dude an AlphaMale, nor does being a smart wimp, an AlphaMale must be successful at most things and be able to protect himself physically.

danielzxc

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dynamicallyidle said:
He never said brawn didn't matter. Reading your insecurities into a well-thought post, eh?
Lol, my insecurities or YOUR insecurities?

Brawn, he argues, is becoming a secondary or supportive feature of being an alpha male. The pen is truly mightier than the sword. This is something men understand INSTINCTIVELY. That is why you are on this forum lobbying for the importance of brawn.
Interesting. If men instinctively understand that the pen is mightier than the sword then why is brawn BECOMING a "secondary or supportive feature" of being an alpha male, why isn't it ALREADY secondary/supportive? If understanding pen>sword is INSTINCTIVE people don't have to come to realize it; the idea should their first instinct. But it's not instinctive, is it? It's an idea that has to replace a pre-existing idea; a pre-existing INSTINCTIVE idea -- the instinctive knowledge of the power of brawn. Thanks for making my case for me.

If the pre-eminence of brawn spoke for itself, then you wouldn't see so many muscleheads trying to speak for it (usually with messed up grammar).
Where do you see that? I see the opposite. I see this site constantly talking up "brain" and belittling brawn. "Brawners" more or less only respond to address the excessive stupidity usually found in "brainer" posts that attack brawn (we can tolerate average stupidity on the part of brainers -- that's just part and parcel -- but when they go overboard, the truth must be spoken).

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
~attrACTION~ said:
Yes, I think so too.

Gamma male? LOL. What about omega and epsilon?

Huxley beat us to it.

I have to agree, this whole thread is semantics. It's nice to have aspects of the game packaged in revolutionary 3-step systems or whatever, but at the and of the day it's all words and hot air.

MuayThai

Banned
Reaction score
Alpha male is a concept used in biology. It's already defined. You can look up the concept of Alpha in Wikipedia or a biology reference book.

You've just taken alot of the more commonly regurgitated knowledge on this website, all the stuff thats considered "don juanish" and applied it to Alpha male concept.
What's the point in that? You're aren't even completing or advancing the semantics of the concept.

Sounds to me like you're applying everything you want to be and aren't to the alpha male concept. Finding a way to silence some nagging insecurities you've got.

dynamicallyidle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
danielzxc said:
Interesting. If men instinctively understand that the pen is mightier than the sword then why is brawn BECOMING a "secondary or supportive feature" of being an alpha male, why isn't it ALREADY secondary/supportive? If understanding pen>sword is INSTINCTIVE people don't have to come to realize it; the idea should their first instinct. But it's not instinctive, is it? It's an idea that has to replace a pre-existing idea; a pre-existing INSTINCTIVE idea -- the instinctive knowledge of the power of brawn. Thanks for making my case for me.
instincts change. it's called evolution. shakespeare will be immortal. arnold schwarzanegger's memory will persist less than a century after his death.

clinton can probably have the **** beaten out of him in a fight with the average high school football player. but then again, clinton can hire former football players to defend him. so yes, it is BECOMING more than more mighty than the sword.

danielzxc said:
Where do you see that? I see the opposite. I see this site constantly talking up "brain" and belittling brawn. "Brawners" more or less only respond to address the excessive stupidity usually found in "brainer" posts that attack brawn (we can tolerate average stupidity on the part of brainers -- that's just part and parcel -- but when they go overboard, the truth must be spoken).
I've seen way more obnoxious "body matters" or "women prefet to fvck muscular" guys threads than "brains matter" threads. Btw, I intentionally mispelled 'prefer' because that's how the brawny guy spelled the title of his thread.

Even today, someone made a thread that said "body and height are more important than face."

Sorry, but you brawners are speaking for this position WAY more than it "speaks for itself." :(

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the problem is, every person here has a different idea what an "Alpha male" is. we cannot possibly hope to help eachother achieve it, since we all have different definitions and aspirations as "Alpha males"

I've read many posts saying "an alpha male wouldnt worry about this! it would come naturally" Well, an Alpha male always seeks to improve himself.
If he thought he could improve himself by asking for advice, and making an effort to work toward it, then yes he would 'worry about it'.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
THE_ADDMAN said:
the problem is, every person here has a different idea what an "Alpha male" is. we cannot possibly hope to help eachother achieve it, since we all have different definitions and aspirations as "Alpha males"
Exactly. I've seen every definition on both sides and in between the spectrum of the term 'alpha'. I've seen people say that it is the tough brutish guys in jail to the wealthy smart guys who own corporations. I have even seen people say that they knew what was alpha and what was not because they are alphas themselves.

persiangino

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The alpha male is a masculine mindset as reflected consistently through your body language not how big or smart you are.

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bingo, persiangino, but not just body language, entire attitude, what you project into life.