My Story: A Journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step.

novaknight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today, I'm going to take another step on my journey of a thousand miles.

I was a total AFC until recently. Was a pushover with someone I fell in love with. Got rejected, developed an eating disorder, and attempted to rebound. I went after a few chicks that were way better than me, but had no chance due to both being not very good looking AND having zero game at all. School was relentless too, as I had some teachers were either flat out impossible, or sucked and didn't teach. I suffered from depression, didn't eat sh!t at times. I was probably slowly killing myself. Each day the alarm clock felt like a sledgehammer to my forehead.

I then got into a relationship with a guy. One day this guy found out that I wasn't entirely straight. He asked me out. Being the total wuss I was, I felt that I should say yes even though I didn't exactly find him attractive. I didn't want to hurt him, like people did to me.

At this point, I was as AFC as a guy could be. Believing women should be worshiped, no sex before marriage, that I had no chance with girls I find hot cause I'm a chink, damn, even saying yes to a guy of the freaking same sex, who you didn't find attractive. What the hell were you thinking, dude. School improved a bit, but I still had no luck with women, and was with a dude who I didn't find good looking. He was every bit as AFC as I was. Perhaps even more.

An millimeter of improvement then came across me. I decided to dump the guy, making up an excuse. Then I decided to pursue one of the hottest chicks in my grade. I told myself even though she was way out of my league, I had to give her a try. Tried making a bunch of moves, but being the loser I was, they all backfired, and I knew it was pointless to ask her out. Summer then came. I was no longer anorexic, although somehow despite actually eating, I weighed less than when I didn't eat, due to actually having the energy to exercise, and do stuff in life. That's quite good. But something even better happened.

Now by some sort of miracle, I stumbled across PUA. Some sort of forum that was pretty technical, and had a bunch of routines. Perfect for a guy with a social impairment like me. Went on vacation, and gamed a HB5.5 (slight bit above average), applying all sorts of DHV tricks. I ended up with a kiss on the cheek. Although I found out she had a boyfriend, textbook IOIs were shown. I was blown out of my mind!

But it went nowhere, due to the distance. It seemed like a deity gave me some magic power, and then took it away. I felt like it was a freak coincidence. Then, I vowed to replicate that success, no matter what.

I got greedy. Decided to take the ultimate challenge. Gamed what was imo a HB9 from online. I felt that I was doing terrific at first. Somehow she even thought I was kinda cute. But eventually she saw that I was just a phony with a bunch of gimmicks, and I failed. Once again I felt like a loser. But I know something had to be done.

Talked to my ex quite a lot at that time. Actually we still do. Turns out that he was trying to get with a girl. We made a challenge. We tried to be the first one to get action from our targets. Seems he was beginning to become a better man too. I then told him I failed.

He said that he succeeded. I literally started crying. Not out of jealousy, grief at my long stack of failures. But out of joy. I was ****ing proud of him! A guy who was even worse than me, was able to score! Granted, he is probably more conventionally attractive than I am (reason why I didn't find him good looking is that my standards are EXTREMELY unconventional). But nevertheless, that took a huge amount of balls.

Somehow his new **** buddy got in a fight, and broke up. I then decided to snatch that HB8. I almost succeeded. Had she not saw past a white lie I told her to DHV myself, I probably would have scored. Never did I know I would come close to snagging a ****ing HB8!
Currently, I feel that I'm on the right track, and have quite a few goals for self improvement. I'm nowhere near good, but I'm on the way. I started working out, and although still rather skinny, I'm toned. Working on bulking, and then will cut once I reach 170 lbs. A 6'2 (still growing), ripped guy will certainly be stunning:up: I'm trying to phase out rehearsed routines in favor of natural game. Sometimes, when I see a hot guy, I start to become a wuss again. I'm learning to just forget about it because most hot guys are straight, and try to stick to getting chicks instead, and not letting that stud affect my game. Instead I'll try to use those attractive men in HS to build a social circle, allowing me to get girls.

Although it takes a great deal of strength, I have told myself I practically ruined all chance I have with the girl I fell in love with,and I need to move the **** on. I know not what the future holds. But I plan to make it more than just than ****ing. I plan to become a better man.

Thanks to all of you, for providing a wonderful atmosphere for me to learn in. I wish to learn, and grow with you all, both physically and mentally. Now, 100,000 more steps to take.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very different story. I'm not sure what to say really. One thing you might want to realize is that you are now a recovering AFC, not a DJ. That is experience based. When I was relatively new to this stuff, then I felt like a DJ too. Remember that it's NOT about lines, it's about being your best self. Feel good about yourself. Also, to you it seems like looks matter a lot, they don't, but they do matter.

What are your goals for self-improvement? State them clearly, and give TIME LIMITS. A goal without a time limit is just a daydream. I suppose I should go add timelimits to my goals now :D
I believe that working out is vital. You feel much better about yourself, and you even look better. It makes you stand out from the crowd. Remember to do it for yourself. Also do some research on it, there is A LOT you don't know about it.

It seems like you have lots to learn, but you have been through something that most other people have not: You've been aproaching girls and getting rejected. Now that you know that you shouldn't fear rejection, you can easily go and get chicks.

Kevansta

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, as far as working out goes (that's kind of my area of specialty haha) I would keep bulking until you're at least 180-190. I'm 175 at 5'11 right now and I'm by no means ripped. Yeah, I'm more ripped than most guys in my grade, but I'm gonna keep bulking until I hit maybe 185-190. Then I'll just cut down to about 8-9% bodyfat (I'm at about 11% right now).

You're three inches taller than me, and you were anorexic at one point. That means you're really skinny and don't really have a foundation to start with. I would recommend using Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength routine, it's made for people like you who are just getting started. You'll need to build some strength first before going into more complicated routines. You should also try to get to at least 200 before slimming down. You don't have a ton of bodyfat right now, so don't even worry about cutting.

novaknight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Mr. P. And I have been setting goals (my current one's bulk to 160 by the end of my winter break). I'm at 155 (ten pounds better than from when I started), but I feel that as I go up, gains seem to slow down a bit. Currently I'm pretty toned, but the ribs still stick out. At least people start saying that I don't look so gaunt anymore.

As for goals with women...I plan to game this girl in my math class. She's a year older than me, and pretty decent. As leverage, I'm trying to befriend this popular guy (who happens to be damn hot but unfortunately straight). Perhaps being his friend can give me some social proof, and help me.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
novaknight said:
Thanks Mr. P. And I have been setting goals (my current one's bulk to 160 by the end of my winter break). I'm at 155 (ten pounds better than from when I started), but I feel that as I go up, gains seem to slow down a bit.
Could be 2 things:

Plateu - Change your workout routine for 2 weeks, take a break or lift light weights for 1-2 weeks.

Not enough calories and proteins - Simply eat more. As your weight increases, increase your calories. For every 5 pounds; add 200 calories.

Could also be that you had a starting boost. Often when people start out, they gain a lot, quick. It happened to me, and it has slowed down for me too.

Jack Wealthy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MrP said:
It's good that you're dropping the canned routines.

In hs, you HAVE to be natural. It's the only way.

Good Luck.
www.teen-game.com - Teenage Mystery wannabes. They're not half bad either.
You're story's pretty interesting too nova. Completely bisexual and all.
The eating disorder part I can actually relate too, but I'm not so open about my past... Having said that, you can use it to your advantage by telling it as a story or by using empathy most people don't have.
On your canned material, don't slowly phase out canned routines, either become them or dump them. What I mean by that is either change your personality so that those routines are fun for you, or make your own on the fly. If you don't get fun out of them, but try routines anyway they will come across as contrived and incongruent- to everyone, not just girls.
And you don't have 100,000 more steps; you're whole life is roughly 28105 days and every day is a step towards being something you weren't yesterday. Every day is a clean new chance, with fresh and unique opportunities. But you're steps are finite, even if you're chance is infinite.
If you're talking about getting good with girls, from nothing I'd say a year or two before it clicks into natural, maybe six months before you get real success.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jack Wealthy said:
Not to hijack the thread, but I've been checking out that site a little. It seems like it's full of newcomers? Newcomers need someone to lead them, is there anyone there that actually sits on the correct information? I see way too much outer game focus and way too little inner-game focus. They don't seem to be focusing on the big things, or the original causes.

novaknight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jack Wealthy said:
You're story's pretty interesting too nova. Completely bisexual and all.
Got a preference for women, but I definately like guys too (in fact some of the most attractive people I know are men). Does DJ and stuff work on guys too?

Jack Wealthy said:
The eating disorder part I can actually relate too, but I'm not so open about my past... Having said that, you can use it to your advantage by telling it as a story or by using empathy most people don't have.
I don't exactly feel comfortable sharing my former eating disorder in real life. But that actually is a really novel idea. Out of curiosity...how exactly did you recover?

Jack Wealthy said:
On your canned material, don't slowly phase out canned routines, either become them or dump them. What I mean by that is either change your personality so that those routines are fun for you, or make your own on the fly. If you don't get fun out of them, but try routines anyway they will come across as contrived and incongruent- to everyone, not just girls.
From now on I'm starting to think about writing my own routines, so they actually reflect who I am.

Jack Wealthy said:
If you're talking about getting good with girls, from nothing I'd say a year or two before it clicks into natural, maybe six months before you get real success.
Six months sounds pretty short. But if thats attainable...**** YES :D

Last edited:

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
novaknight said:
The more you push your limits and believe in yourself, the faster this process is gonna be.

Jack Wealthy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
novaknight said:
Got a preference for women, but I definately like guys too (in fact some of the most attractive people I know are men). Does DJ and stuff work on guys too?

I don't exactly feel comfortable sharing my former eating disorder in real life. But that actually is a really novel idea. Out of curiosity...how exactly did you recover?

From now on I'm starting to think about writing my own routines, so they actually reflect who I am.

Not on straight guys, but if you're atractive to them and they're at least a little gay I don't see why not.
The second time I got an 8 pack and my confidence slowly reformed from there. It was all self belief and sexual confidence+activity.

NorwegianDJ said:
The more you push your limits and believe in yourself, the faster this process is gonna be.
Unless you wreck yourself or progress in the wrong direction.
Checkity check yourself...:)

novaknight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Finally hit 160 after vacation. Honestly never felt so great in my life. Plus although I didn't score due to one crucial mistake (saying my real age), I feel like approaching isn't a chore, it's actually FUN!

Last edited: