My start to boot camp

sxyazsin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Any advice or input is more than appreciated!

Tuesday, Week 2
I had my first conversation this morning with a stranger and it felt extremely atypical. The air never seemed to lighten up for me, maybe because of how odd I found this guy's personality. I commented initially on how the weather is a lot cooler than it has been, and he went right into talking about how he hasn't been outside much because of studying in the library for an after grad program. I found some interest in the area so I pursued the subject. He wasn't reluctant to just keep talking about trivial things happening in his life. It made me feel eager to be done talking to him, and I found myself trying very hard to act interested. I kept the conversation going, I introduced myself with a strong handshake which seemed to loosen the awkwardness, and I found out where he's from. He answered the basic questions of how he likes it here by himself and I learned much more than I wanted to know. The conversation lasted from the bench at the bus stop to where I had to interrupt so I could get my ass off the bus and not be stuck listening to more. I have a feeling I won't be so nervous with the next person I converse with, but hopefully they're more interesting. The 3-second-rule was by far easier when starting conversation with a geeky guy, but I think I should project more authority and confidence.

I'm going back on the bus soon and then to another class, then to the gym later. I'm going to try and do different conversational openers and ideas from the text.

Monday, Week 2
I read my material tonight. I went to the grocery store, but that's not really the place to have long conversation. I used my eye contact and confidence from week 1, but I need an opportunity to talk to more people. Maybe I can talk to the people walking around selling things on campus tomorrow. I have a feeling that the only places I'll be able to meet people are on the bus or from class. I have no choice but to go out and do cold approaches by using the persons surroundings to start conversation. I want to be able to meet women in situations where they're busy doing other things, because I'm very good at meeting women in preset social situations like class and at parties. I don't find the caliber I want, but I see them walk by. I have to prove to myself I can do this. Oh, it's very important that I begin listening to comedy in the morning or reading things that make me more optimistic for the coming day.

Week 1 -- I have a renewed confidence. My week one had to go a bit longer than expected before I was able to begin the next week but I easily hit 50 eye contacts and hi's. I can't stress how inspiring Pook's "Be a Man" post is to my life. It helps me remember who I am and reminds me of my identity as a man. I could go into detail on particular instances, but it isn't necessary as I am just beginning to write on week 2.

sxyazsin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wednesday, Week 2
Damn irony. As awkward as that first conversation was, I got back on the bus after class (this is Tuesday) and sat down next to a really pretty hot chick and mentioned how cold it was on the bus (line I've used before) and got her name, where she's from and had related common backgrounds, and in just over a minute we had a great connection and atmosphere built. Suddenly, she has to get off as her stop was the last stop on campus and then it starts hailing rain. While imaging my wet ride home, I talked to these guys next to me about some fencing club and my neck hurt so badly from turning to look at the seat next to me that I just gave up on talking to them. I noticed the large difference in the simplicity of starting the conversation. Swing and a miss--but this was like divine intervention.

Saw this girl Ellie I knew from a while back on the bus today. I didn't even realize it was her when I was checking her out from behind. Was niiiice. I sat next to her and talked for about 10 minutes. She was flirting by the time we got off the bus. She said to call her sometime.

I had another post about what happened today with the girl this morning. Blew it when I should have just skipped the convo and asked for her number because of the hurry I was in--hopefully I'll catch her again at the bus stop soon. A skater and an Asian... mmm... Anyway, I went to best buy to get my school top fixed. I started a conversation with this guy next to me for a while about why he was in the line and if the line has been moving at all, then after his buddy arrives I just did a 180 and started talking to a mom that had a broken camera that obviously wasn't waterproof. These two loved to talk. The line finally moving was refreshing. The first conversation was about 6-7 minutes and the second was for about 3-4.

I'm going to a dinner party tonight. I'm going to do some more formalities this time like getting background information and working harder on getting those listening and related strategies down that were in Reading Material.

Last edited:

sxyazsin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thursday, Week 2
Alright. I talked to this guy from Ecuador and did all the basic convo, so +1 more. I'm not going to count afterwards cause I was wasted at the clubs. My head hurts and I'm gonna get this report done before I go over to this girl's house for dinner. I'm getting antsy, so I think I should just go out for a couple hours at a mall and get the conversations done with. I want next week to come already but I need to make sure to be on the ball before I start the next exercises. I'll reread the exercise and do more tomorrow.

619joe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop talking to guys.

Get talking to girls and only girls.Though it seems your poor at just regular conversations so I dont even know what to say man. Dont get this mentality in your head that "If I talk with guys first and get going,I will progress and start talking with girls".Dont think like that. Why should it matter?

sxyazsin

Don Juan
Reaction score
What ****ty advice. I talked to like 5 more girls that night, I just don't like adding use of alcohol as my personal preference. You probably haven't even done a boot camp. Of course you don't know what to say, because you sound like someone who is relieving their emotion by acting like they're superior to someone else. If you're going to write a response at least use middle school rhetoric doosh. It's like some playground insult. I'm not going to waste any more time with it. I'm going to try to write an entry without regarding your mindless candor. It's really difficult to make a program for yourself to fix your own weak points and post it when you get crap like that.

Saturday, Week 2
I can't be partying any more while I'm in the boot camp because I'm losing focus. I can still turn it around and easily finish my goal, but I need to step it up as I'm merely halfway done. I hadn't gotten a decent lay in a while so I took a day breather, then last night I was walking by a couple and wondered why I forgot to keep eye contact. I'm rereading the material to get back on the ball, and then taking a road trip out of town and I'll get some more convos as well as get with an old hook up. No drinking!

sxyazsin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Monday, Week 2
Today is the last day. This conversation stuff is all too basic. Today, I'm going to teach myself to walk through the uncomfortable barrier that keeps me from walking up to women in awkward situations. I'm not going to make excuses. I'm going to challenge myself and hit that 2 minutes barrier and keep going if I feel that I'm getting a good report, but if not I'm moving on. No fear no ego. I won't let myself down. I'll report tonight, and I bet you I'll be 100% more confident and excited. Lets do this.

sxyazsin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Be inspired. I did it. It was completely humiliating and my ego had me sweaty and my hand was shaking when I was trying to take notes for my last class. I circled the library, then when I exited there was Asian girl there reading a magazine. Just sat down and started talking. My heart was beating a thousand miles a minute as I was trying to remember the material that I needed to improve on by establishing a good connection and atmosphere. After two minutes of horrible small talk, and I said it was nice to meet her and I that I had to get some things done. She had interrupted me and tried to reverse the questioning and in result made me completely uninterested.

Not even a minute later, I circled a corner and sat on a bench with this chick that was about a five, but I tried to stick to the 3 second rule and I hadn't gotten a good look at her. She seemed more nervous than I was, and I couldn't even remember the information that she was giving me because she said she was waiting for someone and kept looking around. I did this to recover from the first nerve-wracking approach, and as I walked away, I became very very discontented with approaching strangers.

Then amazingly, as I was waiting for the bus, I made contact with a skinny blonde with beautiful green eyes. She sat down and faced the other way. I simply walked up to her and sat down, slowly articulated, "Hi........ What's your name?" We talked for 15 minutes. My outlook on the approaching was completely turned around. During the last minute I messed up a bit, but it didn't really matter to me much as I just want to finish this week successfully with my weak points strengthened. I chumped up and was more distant when she told me, "I have a boyfriend, but he's alright with me making friends." She had said this as a result of me asking for her number when she was writing down my facebook information. I hate talking on the internet. I know there's some cheesy line I could have thrown like "cool, invite me to the wedding," or something but I wasn't concerned. I don't have the experience to pull her away quickly and I don't have the time to invest in trying to get her to cheat or leave him.

Two more left tonight. I feel great!

sxyazsin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 3

I'm glad it's the same kind of stuff this week during my finals. I talked to three women so far, one outside a dressing room at the mall, one at the bus stop, and I walked with a classmate I haven't met for a few minutes. I have to admit though, I feel like an idiot for not asking for numbers when I get a good conversation going. I'm going to read ahead and use the material for week 4 to pull numbers from these 10 dateable women and get the assignment completed as well. I think I'll be more ready to get rejections then next week.

sxyazsin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Finals over! My experience so far has led me to conversations with classmates I would have never met and I feel like approaching women is very easy. As soon as my final was turned in I sat down next to a girl while waiting for my ride, and we were connecting so well that I wasn't paying attention and he passed us. I'm still having trouble interrupting women with what they're doing to begin talking, but when they are alone and I'm not in a rush, it's much easier to get to know dateable women. This has given me a much better outlook on the diversity of personality within college women... I guess before I thought they were either all bimbos or all stuck up with too much ambition for their own good. I'm going to try to approach women in a group and work on interrupting them and getting comfortable with that.

I wish I could get some input on interrupting women with their activities, but it seems like rejection is so much more probable that way. Good thing that fear is something I'll be working on next week.

sxyazsin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to a house warming party for this apartment complex I'm moving into. Thought I could meet some chicks. What fawkin sucks is that nearly everyone there was just trying to score free shyt, and all the women had boys or came with a promoter or something stupid.

I felt like a tool showing up by myself, but I must have moved around the room and talked to four groups of people. All the women were pretty hot... it was pretty hilarious cause if they had a guy that they were with he would come stand to the side while she was talking to me. This one girl just went on and on opening up to me with her boyfriend all flexing his muscles and shyt through a wifebeater was trying to act badass while she was much more interested in this guy. Looked like he was doing the 'I'm too good for this bytch anyway so I'll stand close and act like I'm not interested but I really am a symp on the inside so I'll listen to what she says.' Fantastic. I'm going to go to the mall or a bookstore tomorrow and finish my numbers. =D Funny stuff.

This is much more entertaining now that I'm here recapping it. Hehe.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To help others make your writing readable, try to include as much of conversation you has with everyone in your post. For example: sxyazsin met HB6 at the mall:
sxyazsin: Can I ask you a question.
HB6: Sure.
sxyazsin: A friend and I have been debating on what's really about a man that turns a woman on.
HB6: em, I don't know.
sxyazsin: Am I asking the wrong person? It is OK if you're have interest in women.....

keep on sarging.