Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My Progress

OpIvy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I came here looking for a place to start in my workout, and after reading the stickies, I decided to make squats, dead lifts, and benches a large part of my routine. Here is my progress after 9 weeks, not counting the first week.

Squats: From 95 to 140lbs
Dead Lifts: From 60 to 100lbs
Bench: From 90 to 130

Pectoral fly: 85 to 125
Shoulder press: 55 to 80
Dumbbell back row: 30 to 50
Bicep curl (dumbbells): 20 to 25 (finally did 3 sets of 6 reps on 25, starting 30 tomorrow)
Tricep rope (pulling down on a cable): 35 to 50
Bicep machine: 50 to 56
Shrug: 40 to 55

Leg press machine (Just started, since I can't go past 90 degrees on the squat): 230
Leg curl: 95 to 140
Knee extention: 75 to 125

There's also some bull**** forearm exercise using dumbbells, but I won't list it. I'm going twice a week, each time doing all of these exercises and working my entire body. I practice form using a PVC pipe and by asking the trainers if I'm doing the exercise correctly. I do 3 sets of 4 to 6 reps on everything. Does anybody have any recommendations? I noticed my weight has not gone up by more than 6lbs even though I'm lifting more. Should I eat more?

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is the deadlift so low in comparison to the squat and bench?

dirtysanchez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good progress. Get working on that deadlift though, it should be your highest out of the big 3 (bench press, squat, deadlift), unless you have a long torso and short arms, still even with that it should be a lot higher than your bench press.

OpIvy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't know that. The deadlift is the most difficult for me to do. The trainer said that my torso and femurs are kind of long.

OpIvy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to the gym this morning and asked the trainer if I was doing my deadlifts properly. As it turns out, my shoulders were too far back, and I was able to lift more with my shoulders forward.

On a side not, next time, I get to bench press with a 45 on each side! It will be a good feeling.
(+) Mindset said:
Nice progress man. Keep working out!! =)
Thanks!

dirtysanchez

Don Juan
Reaction score
OpIvy said:
I went to the gym this morning and asked the trainer if I was doing my deadlifts properly. As it turns out, my shoulders were too far back, and I was able to lift more with my shoulders forward.
Mechanics are very important with the deadlift. You basically want to be pulling the bar the least possible distance (which means standing close to the bar and having a narrow grip).

OpIvy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just found out that for size training, I would need to do 8-12 reps and rest for 1-2 minutes. I want size, not strength, so how should I adjust my workout? Should I keep the weight I have and build up to 12 reps over a couple weeks before increasing? Should I go down a few pounds on each workout and get in 12 reps on my next workout?

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OpIvy said:
I just found out that for size training, I would need to do 8-12 reps and rest for 1-2 minutes.
Don't be anal. You don't have to do 8-12. It won't make much difference, if any, or may even negatively impact you.

Progress in weights at pretty much any reasonable rep range and eat and you'll grow.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where are the ROWS, ******?