Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My program

Celadus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been working with a trainer and this is what he came up for me. What do you guys think? I'm a little unsatisfied with the 3 x 15. Doesn't seem geared toward increasing size.

Goals: Increase overall level of fitness, size, strength and conditioning.

Assessment: Gait – Slight external rotation of femur. Slight elevation of left scapula. Severe protraction of shoulders. Overhead squat – Slight abduction of shoulders. Arms fall forward. Slight posterior pelvic tilt. Tight and weak medial glutes and hamstrings. Tight pecs..

Recommendations: 3 days strength training with hard stretching. 2 days/week non-impact cardiovascular training along with intense foam roll and stretch. Return to normal length glutes, calves, hamstrings, quads and it band. Stretch chest and shoulders. Strengthen upper and lower back, glutes and core.

Warm up: 10 minutes eliptical or bike (alternate days). Foam roll.

Day 1: Chest and Triceps 3 sets, 15 reps
Dumbell Press
Dips
Incline dumbbell fly
Dumbell pullovers
Skull crushers
Overhead rope tricep extension

Day 2: Legs and Shoulders 3 sets, 15 reps.
Single Leg Squats
Lunges (any type) driving with heal or Barbell squats
Leg Extensions
Leg Curls
Dumbell Press or behind neck smith press
Side Lateral Raise going wide
Rear Delt Rows on reverse pec deck or with dumbbell

Day 3: Back and Biceps 3 sets, 15 reps
Dumbell rows
Cable Lat pulls with indivual handles if possible
Any type of close grip row to work on scaption (pinching shoulder blades)
Straight bar curls
Alternate dumbbell curls

Focus on breathing, eccentric control and explosion at the bottom. Work to FAILURE!

Abs & Core Work (Anything. 2sets, 25 reps minimum. Get creative. Try new things)
Any Med Ball or Stability Ball work
Plank or side plank (1 min)
Prone cobra, yta, or swimmers

Stretch: Glutes, hams, calves and quads. Doorway stretch for chest. Single arm doorway stretch for shoulders and lats. Any others.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to give the trainer the benefit of the doubt(giving someone with your goals a routine like that is an insult to the entire personal training practice) and say he gave you that routine because of liability issues, high reps on safe exercises will reduce the chances of you getting injured and suing. That routine obviously sucks but the stretching is good. Hopefully you didn't spend money, if you did try to get a refund before its too late and follow the where to start thread.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel like there's some kind of massive conspiracy to keep people from getting into shape.

Celadus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I went in telling him I wanted to be geared toward Starting Strength or something similar and he got me onto this whole posture deal, which I think was good for a few months.

I think I'll look for another guy. I originally just got him to have someone to spot me and motivate me to get there.

Everything we do seems really random.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not just get the book and train yourself?

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah i agree, save your money and train yourself

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
Sometimes I feel like there's some kind of massive conspiracy to keep people from getting into shape.
There is.
As is there to get people eat a lot of carbs, as there is to keep people unhealthy, uninformed, etc.