My Personality Sucks. How Do I Improve It?

CoolBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's just down to this. All my other aspects have been worked on, and now my personality is my only limiting factor. It's not about me being shy, I have asked many girls out. So how do I practice and improve to have a better personality?

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Define a "better personality". Are you wondering how to be more witty, intelligent, compassionate, charming??

These all come with knowledge of what those things are and then lots of practice. It starts out as a bit of an act I guess, but as you get used to it, you integrate these traits and routines into your personality.

Plus, try thinking positive all of the time. Never complain, never show signs of misery and people will warm to you.

Dropt03Ranger

Don Juan
Reaction score
we dont know how your personality sucks...are you an ass...stupid...boring...or what??? gotta know the problem before you can fix it....

Tango-Kid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea I agree with Dirtheart.

However, I don´t like it that people are always talking about thinking positive about everything. I´m a positive person, and I always try to show my positive side and positive thoughts. But if for instance somebody close to me dies, I don´t try to think positive about it. It sickens me when people are brainwashing themselves to think that everything is positive. It´s fake. The reality consists of negative and bad things too. If you don´t see the reality how it is, one day you´ll be losing it when all your positive thoughts collapse.

Well yea, I get your point, Dirtheart. It´s good advice. But my point is also to show that nothing is perfect, life is not always champagne and ejaculation :D Learn to take blows too, nothing is perfect.

BTW. If you´re not satisfied with your personality, nobody will be. Do your job, have fun in life, and remember your values - and you will get better. You can´t start changing your personality just like that, but you can bring up the good sides of your personality and hide the bad ones by making changes in the way you live.

IWannaBeAHippy

Reaction score
Ok.

Sure, personality is who you are, but what is the self?

If you look at the brain, the instrument of animal behavior, practically everything you think and do is just stuff that’s been seen, heard, felt etc or something ‘new’ based on those things. If you can define your personality as being lame, then here’s how to fix it.

It wont change overnight, but you can speed the change by doing the following:

1. Observe, learn and try to replicate the role/qualities/phrases/actions that the popular/cool/trendy/funny/likable/(insert positive noun here) do. Try to figure out the magic formula behind it all – you wouldn’t figure someone out overnight, but it is the process of trying to figure it out that gradually changes every aspect of your personality for the better. Write it down if you have to. Who you are, is a person who wants to improve, you aren’t selling out by learning from other people – after all, who you are has already been learned mostly from other people anyway. Now you can make a conscious choice to make yourself ‘the best of them’.

2. Identify the 'bad' things you say, try not to say them. Its like learning pickup lines or SS techniques, you sorta ‘memorize’ things you can say like cues instead of what you were going to say or do. An important thing is to find out the mechanisms that cause you to do those things. See a shrink if you’re daring.

3. Ask questions like you’ve been doing about how to improve it all.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do what I do what I do, buy the first series of 24 and watch them within 2 weeks. Plus the 2nd series but its not out yet in Uk. Then watch a few bond films, the thomas crown affair.

then copy everything gd about them, like the spaces when they speak. the tone of voice.

POSTURE!!!!!

persistance is key ;)

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just like every muscle in your body, and every skill in your head, your personality improves when you put it to use. If you want to work on it, spend more time around people, and make sure they're the right people. Find some friends who are funny, ambitious, motivated, etc. I know it's BY FAR easier said than done, but at least give it a shot. Remember that if you spend all day with dull, boring people, you'll eventually become one yourself. You can also take up different hobbies, especially ones none of your friends are into. That way you'll be forced to find new friends if you are to pursue this new hobby, and new friends will even further help you develop your personality. Always try new things, the more conspicuous the better! And hell, why not read? Check out books like The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People or Awaken the Giant Within. Some solid principles to help you build character.

LouieVaton Don

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would also reccommend psycho cybernetics by maxwell maltz. Only $15.